Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8518

VERY few, if any, are going to switch to seer. I think that time would be better spent making items and content for the majority, not the minority...

-ERMAN

Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:40 am
Profile WWW

Thats your personal opinion, but I like the fact admins are trying to encourage people to use mroe obscure classes rather than the standard.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:32 am
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

Our goal is to make all classes viable, not just to buff 1 or 2 classes to godliness because everyone already uses them.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:35 am
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

I wanted to go seer in the first place, i always like being a mystical dude or a long range dude in games.

So with these changes seer might be viable for me.

But Gunner was teh shit, till i realized that Capships are expensive.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:50 am
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Don Juan
Level: 1966

Seer just doesn't offer enough compared to the other classes.

Warp 4 is not useful at all if already have it.

I don't get critically hit enough to want resistance to it.

Extra critical hit damage is ok, but I don't crit hit very often and with seer I only have an increased chance to crit hit if I'm unseen, and when fighting I'm usually seen :)

Extra damage when striking from behind is ok, but how often do I get to strike from behind? Not often. I usually kite enemies if they're not really slow which means I'm striking from the front. That's what light fighters seem best at doing.

Some of the skills sorta parallel sniper. You get extra cloaking and critical hit percentage from sniper too, plus more damage and range. There's almost no reason to be a seer unless you just want to be different or love your light fighters so much you won't ever use a heavy. A sniper can use most of his skills all the time, retaining awesome damage and range, where with seer you have to make sure you're always positioned properly (and unseen if you want to take advantage of your critical hit bonuses, which is pretty hard to do in galaxies with high visibility).

The new items aren't a help. 5 minute cooldown? That means you can strike from behind once every 5 minutes. For those other 4 minutes 30 seconds you better hope your target is very slow so you can keep striking from behind.

Seer should get a bonus to radar. I don't know what else to give them to make them a worthwhile class but it does need more, and in skills not items. Seems like it's a class for very patient players. I don't know how to implement this, but how about increased damage vs stealthed/cloaked ships? Seer could be the "anti-stealth" class. But how do you define what a stealthed ship is? Cloaked is easy, but stealthed? It's just an idea.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:28 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

BTW. you guys will have to make the translocators unequippable/unusable in the gals where you cant use engines, eg emp field. emp bio...

Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:29 pm

Seer could be the "anti-stealth" class. But how do you define what a stealthed ship is? Cloaked is easy, but stealthed? It's just an idea.

Give seer a damage boost against ships with 50 or lower vis.

Give all ships in the same gal as a seer + 10 vis per seer level.

Give seer only +65 visibility when firing a weapon rather than 10000, and increase the time to 5 seconds for seer.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:34 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Holycannoli wrote:
Seer could be the "anti-stealth" class. But how do you define what a stealthed ship is? Cloaked is easy, but stealthed? It's just an idea.

Give seer a damage boost against ships with 50 or lower vis.

Give all ships in the same gal as a seer + 10 vis per seer level.

Give seer only +65 visibility when firing a weapon rather than 10000, and increase the time to 5 seconds for seer.

50 or lower? your joking

make it 10 vis if anyting, but idk

and +10 vis? thats lame? ruins stealth

and firing vis should stay the same

no no no no no no

Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:46 pm
Profile WWW

Low levels really should not make suggestions. That completely breaks seer.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:59 pm

if low levels shouldnt make suggestions why are we allowed access to the forums...

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:54 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7799

LichG wrote:

if low levels shouldnt make suggestions why are we allowed access to the forums...

It's not low levels, it's pretty much only you. You need to be... gagged.

I have reasons for why I do things.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:36 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Don Juan
Level: 1966

I didn't mean that much of a bonus, but if seer is the "see all" class then it stands to reason that it should be anti-stealth in some way.

How else can you fix this class? It doesn't have much going for it.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:33 pm
Main: Tengu
Level: 866

I didn't mean that much of a bonus, but if seer is the "see all" class then it stands to reason that it should be anti-stealth in some way.

How else can you fix this class? It doesn't have much going for it.

Perhaps the +5% radar bonus from the Recon Class when they are in an LF and the +5% vision from the Seer sub-skill Psychic Sight would be anti-stealth enough? And then the Athena that most seer ships will probably have. Thats 200% from the skills alone and another 200%+ if they use an Athena. And since this class is more aimed at higher level players, they will probably have AT, so say 300% - 400% from the Athena. Their radar is now 16-20 times better than what it normally would be. Using a Tunnel Vision gives them a radar that would be better than any radar on a non-seer ship and most bases out there. 90k detection with AT25 and 54k with no AT. An Annihilator Tower has 50k base detection.

I'd say anti-stealth is covered. And thats if they use a low visibility radar. If they really need to see something and could afford to have a higher visibility, they could use a Venusian Seeker. 187k with AT maxed and 112,200 with no AT.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:12 pm
Main: NukeACow
Level: 7563

Seer is the new dps one hit one kill that people are looking for now.

Last edited by Nukeacow on Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:21 pm
Main: Tengu
Level: 866

I personally think that this is a lot of content, while all the other skills got, besides new ones, nothing except a change in the way they work.

Cool Guy wrote:
This is the first in a series of posts targeted at announcing new features for all the classes as well as getting feedback on them. I have just wrapped up the bulk of the Seer Class Content, so this first post will deal directly with Seer.

People should have to check a box saying they read the entire thread before they can post.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:30 pm