Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

Post New Player Hate System
I would like some thoughts on the potential implementation of a new personal/team hate system for players. The point of this change would be to make PvP outside of the arena more viable, and to limit the effects of "snowballing" base vs. player shoot-em-ups.

Here is what I had in mind:
1) Attacking someone (or something) in a team galaxy would mark them team enemy. Example: Player A on Team A attacks Player B in Team B's galaxy. Player A is now Team B personal and team enemy.

2) Attacking someone outside of a team galaxy would not mark them team enemy. Example: Player A on Team A attacks Player B in Team C's (or unowned) galaxy. Player A is now Player B personal enemy, but NOT team enemy.

This means if you are really angry at someone, you will have to declare war on their team to force all of your team bases to shoot at them - though your personal bases will still attack unless the person is marked friend. This allows PvP skirmishes to take place between major teams, without greatly hindering your ability to travel through the universe - unless war is declared of course.

Any thoughts, comments, and suggestions are welcome.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:53 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Muffasa
Level: 7608

sounds good.... maybe will solve the aggro snowball effect...

but in interest of politics, team director should still be able to clear all aggro towards another team... team and personal aggros...

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:58 am

I like it. I've always said that PvP has been far too stale and hopefully as you said it will encourage arguments to actually turn into fights, rather than lets jus stop because stuff will snowball.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:58 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

1) Attacking someone (or something) in a team galaxy would mark them team enemy. Example: Player A on Team A attacks Player B in Team B's galaxy. Player A is now Team B personal and team enemy.

2) Attacking someone outside of a team galaxy would not mark them team enemy. Example: Player A on Team A attacks Player B in Team C's (or unowned) galaxy. Player A is now Player B personal enemy, but NOT team enemy.

bravo mate...you hit the nail on the head. this is a much better system in my opinion.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:59 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

pwnage system, hope it is (if it hasnt been already) implemented.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:04 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Hully
Level: 3812

Nice make it also work for slaves so that the slaves are more save from ppl like nitritan

Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:21 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

Im aching for PvP, my only concern is getting oneshot by bases.

I hate the fact that i can be instakilled by someones base who is my level, but i can kill them almost 60-75% of the time.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:25 pm
Team: MAD+
Main: Yurble
Level: 1967

2) Attacking someone outside of a team galaxy would not mark them team enemy. Example: Player A on Team A attacks Player B in Team C's (or unowned) galaxy.Player A is now Player B personal enemy, but NOT team enemy.

What is player B bases shoots Player A?
Will player B become enemy towards the team of player A?

~Lots of love and cookies and blue fur
~Yurbs

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:17 pm
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

If player Bs bases shot player A, they couldn't possibly have been in a Team A owned galaxy (barring some other form of exploit). Base shooting should probably never get anyone marked team enemy, just mark someone enemy who was already your personal enemy.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:18 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

i like it now ill be able to shoot tfc :)

tfc will eat ur brainnnnnnsssssss

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:46 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7799

Had a major problem a week ago when a retard messed around with my bases... left me stranded for days since all jawws places wanted to take a shot at me.

I have reasons for why I do things.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:22 pm
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

This would allow someone like Minch to go around with impunity attacking players in W3 and only have to worry about that player's bases if they even have any.

This needs one more item added:

If player B is attacked outside of hir team's gal then player B can mark the attacker team enemy. This option only comes up IF player B is attacked first. AND when Player A tries to move thru player B's team gals and is attacked it does NOT snowball to a team level affair. Player B is NOT marked team enemy nor are any of the base owners marked team enemy that fire on player A. This is ONLY between the attacking player and the attacked player and hir team IF player B marked the attacker team enemy after the attack.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:58 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Wasup999998
Level: 1921

So what your saying is Thump: if Person B is personal enemy to Person A, Person A can have the option to make Person B team enemy (if soldier+).

Ha!

Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:55 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next