Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

How about if you dont have enough credits crazy glue wont work?

yuck no, not only do we loose the cash we have, we loose a gg and possibly itmes....

I think DD works better

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:34 am
Profile WWW
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:42 am

how about........instead of a fixed ammount its.......

how about no consequences

if its a 100m drop for people over lvl 1k (or whatever the amount is) and you dont have enough nothing happens? idk

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:12 am
Profile WWW
Main: Jagur4
Level: 1458

a fixed amount drop puts a formula on piracy rewards though, half the point is the randomness, sometimes you get someone who only has 5m on them and get nothing, sometimes you ambush a guy with billions and get 700m. having a set amount just seems to take the fun out of it

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:27 am
Team: pantalones
Main: Illuminaughty
Level: 2232

This is a dangerous galaxy, a space game.

Lol, when I read that it looked like you said space gnome :lol:

*Staring at admins for C2 preview*

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:38 am
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

What if you drop a fixed amount of cash when you get killed by another player based on your level rather than a percent of how much money you have? We would then need to have some consequence for not having the cash, though. Maybe Death Debt? I dunno.

Nice idea.

If you put this in, make it easier for people to make cash by having Warp 3 be a place where you can level ASWELL as Mine asteroids for Gold/Tin/Diamonds/adamantium and so on and so forth.

Jagur4 wrote:
a fixed amount drop puts a formula on piracy rewards though, half the point is the randomness, sometimes you get someone who only has 5m on them and get nothing, sometimes you ambush a guy with billions and get 700m. having a set amount just seems to take the fun out of it

So true, but there needs to be something to keep people from just stashing cash.

Why not have make it so that if you dont have any cash, your ship starts degrading.

And make it so every day you have to pay some Crew Members 1 credit each.

Big ships like the Captital Class ship would have about 250,000-500,000 crew.

That is nothing to for someone who already has a capital ship.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:49 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Domeshot
Level: 4475

Death debt is useless... you only have to kill a few reavers/bg's/picks and you're out of DD>.. and levels don't mean a whole lot if you're gonna PVP.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:53 am

JeffL wrote:
What if you drop a fixed amount of cash when you get killed by another player based on your level rather than a percent of how much money you have? We would then need to have some consequence for not having the cash, though. Maybe Death Debt? I dunno.

Nice idea.

If you put this in, make it easier for people to make cash by having Warp 3 be a place where you can level ASWELL as Mine asteroids for Gold/Tin/Diamonds/adamantium and so on and so forth.

Jagur4 wrote:

So true, but there needs to be something to keep people from just stashing cash.

Why not have make it so that if you dont have any cash, your ship starts degrading.

And make it so every day you have to pay some Crew Members 1 credit each.

Big ships like the Captital Class ship would have about 250,000-500,000 crew.

That is nothing to for someone who already has a capital ship.

mining roids (no effort, can be afk while doing so) gives adamatanium?

no

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Main: Tengu
Level: 866

no

I'm not sure about how you afk mine but if I afk mine in w3, bad things happen to me. Not to mention what would happen to the slaves that are supposed to be scooping the debris. And the fact that finding that stuff would probably be pretty rare.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:23 pm

BAM5992 wrote:

no

I'm not sure about how you afk mine but if I afk mine in w3, bad things happen to me. Not to mention what would happen to the slaves that are supposed to be scooping the debris. And the fact that finding that stuff would probably be pretty rare.

perhaps not afk, but go SD, get an excom, target the sun and fly opposite the roids while firing, easy commodz

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:28 pm
Profile WWW

Your obviously not gonna get them every single time Goz.

Maybe a 1-2% chance for Adamantium, 3-5% chance for Gold, 7-10% Chance for Silver, and other rareish commods that could be made to sell for 200k+ to AI bases.

And if you went AFK, you would be killed by roaming players/AI looking to make a quick buck.

And what would be cool is if there were 2 Vigilantes, one north and one south. Who went around shooting at people who had Infamy of 1 or more. :lol:

Just had an idea, Capital Class Ships could have mobile smelting facilities, that make Gold bars from gold, Adamantized Envelopes/Diffusers and so on, would be really fun.

OR you could make that stuff Engineer.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:14 pm

Maybe a 1-2% chance for Adamantium, 3-5% chance for Gold, 7-10% Chance for Silver, and other rareish commods that could be made to sell for 200k+ to AI bases.

And if you went AFK, you would be instakilled.

Just had an idea, Capital Class Ships could have mobile smelting facilities, that make Gold bars from gold, Adamantized Envelopes/Diffusers and so on, would be really fun.

no, goddammit you dont gett hat adamatanium is used to make the best gear ingame, having it drop form somthing that takes no effort to destroy is B.R.O.K.E.N.

if I mined like I said I would (opposite roids etc etc) I gaurentee I would get 10 adamatanium withing a few mins if it was a 2% drop rate

and im pretty sure there ARE 2 vigis

Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 4043

New Hope wrote:
Lastly, I still cannot stress enough that you need to find a balance between the following. Imagine A shoots B and B is somewhere in a non-team galaxy (very common). This means B's Team can not do a thing about this agression. This is a team game, and while I understand we cannot have a team of 50 be untouchable, cause the moment someone thouches them the entire team can come over and kill him.. But the fact that teams are too big doesn't mean we cannot allow a team to help its member when it is being attacked, that's ridiculous. Cap teams (start with a high max members.) and balance something out, so that it doesnt require wardeccing to be able to defend a team member who got shot.

The entire team can still go pwn the guy who shot you - the only difference in this system would be that the entire team's BASES won't automatically grief him in BvP for engaging in a PvP encounter.

So you go and shoot up his slaves and generate aggro that way, that will get the bases going. If he is pvping your team you WANT to restrict his ability to move around.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:35 pm
Profile YIM

Original Soulless wrote:

And if you went AFK, you would be instakilled.

no, goddammit you dont gett hat adamatanium is used to make the best gear ingame, having it drop form somthing that takes no effort to destroy is B.R.O.K.E.N.

if I mined like I said I would (opposite roids etc etc) I gaurentee I would get 10 adamatanium withing a few mins if it was a 2% drop rate

and im pretty sure there ARE 2 vigis

Do you actually believe the admins are stupid enough to set thedrop rate to 2%?

And just because its 2% doesnt mean your gonna get 2 Adamantium for every roid you kill... :roll:

And its not set in stone, you guys act so paranoid all the damn time.

Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:54 am
Main: PullMyFinger
Level: 1331

I made this post a while ago, which is related:
http://www.starsonata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21711

Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:43 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next