Yeah something was done to SS that it's not compatible with some ISP. For example disconnects every 10 seconds are to happen to cable users.

Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:13 pm
Main: Comet Chaser
Level: 2441

Yeah something was done to SS that it's not compatible with some ISP. For example disconnects every 10 seconds are to happen to cable users.

Check with your ISP about 'Port shaping'. Better yet, google your ISP name and the term, and watch the complaints flood in.

Turns out that a lot of the crapper ISP's are using this 'network management' to basically remove access to online gaming, thus saving them money.

Apologies to Jeff n co, my problem was nothing to do with them! (Virtual circuit, not lag).

Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:00 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

i propose that this is the #1 thing every admin that knows how to do it fix it, people are very pissed...about this lag...

Trev

Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:44 pm
Main: Hully
Level: 3812

I propose that ppl stop proposing about lag related issues and wait till Jeff finish a Good patch instead of a half patch.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:07 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Teh Haxzorz
Level: 2443

I propose that ppl stop proposing about lag related issues and wait till Jeff finish a Good patch instead of a half patch.
Ditto.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:31 am

Hokage wrote:

Check with your ISP about 'Port shaping'. Better yet, google your ISP name and the term, and watch the complaints flood in.

Turns out that a lot of the crapper ISP's are using this 'network management' to basically remove access to online gaming, thus saving them money.

Apologies to Jeff n co, my problem was nothing to do with them! (Virtual circuit, not lag).

No CC. I've been playing SS with cablevision for 3 years now and the problem STARTED when the temp uni was released. It's not a coincidence period.

- zwi00

Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:51 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Shock Commander
Level: 8394

its easy for you idiots to say stop complainging when your not loosing connection so bad that starsonata shuts off every 30 seconds or less like the iqbana run last night i could not even play this game. personaly i am getting quiet tired of lagging so bad i cant play. i have been paying to play since september 2005 and i have never experianced this. Jeff i think your doing a good job but i really cant handle this. here is your problem the day after you patched the new combined pachet codes the game was messed up. just remove the combined packet code. everything else that has been tried is not helping. or ppl who have cable modems wont be able to play this game. i lost 2 bil in GG last night in iqbana because all i did was disconect and i could not get out. and i tried pioleting to sol but i could barly do that becasue every time the map reloaded i disconected. please give us some feed back on this because personaly ill just use a F2p account to talk to my friends. i have 7 more days till i need to renew my sub. and im siriousely debaiting it. im not trying to treaten you or anything like that im just fustraited that it took me 2 and a half hours to fly from wolf to sol which is w1-w0 not really that far maybe 9 jumps.

please do something

http://www.teamunderdawgs.webs.com/

Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Things are starting to look better on the multithreading stuff. I had to spend a couple weeks rewriting all the log in code because it was just too incompatible with the concept of multithreading, and the new code is starting to look reasonable. It's a pain because there are actually 6 different ways to log in (3 ways for non-DB mode and 3 ways for DB mode, with the 3 ways being returning to the uni, first time logging into the uni, and creating a new character.)

Anyway, I am making progress. The real multithreading that actually works is still a couple weeks off, though, at least.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Zephyr
Main: Churlish
Level: 3152

So it looks like at least another couple of weeks of lag.

hopefully this really fixes it.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:05 pm

i want to appologize for getting so upset and posting my angry post but i was upset after lossing al that GG and waisting all the time i did.

sorry jeff

Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

11 days since and update, care to inform your player base

Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:29 pm

Aye, i just like to see SS grow and debug...

Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:02 am
Dev Team

11 days since and update, care to inform your player base

We have been addressing the lag and server crashes. There has been significant code changes to address the increasing demand on the SS server.

We feel the current state of the SS server is totally unacceptable. However, the changes we've made have to be thoroughly tested and debugged otherwise we risk exchanging one set of crashes for another. And possibly making the issues with the server worse and not better.

I understand these excuses mean little to the innocent players losing time, money and progress right now. I am personally very sorry and upset about the state of things right now. There is no good excuse for it. I am telling you the state of things as they stand today.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:08 am
Profile WWW
Team: Zonura
Main: Takuhi
Level: 966

It's all nice and well saying sorry and that its unacceptable, but what are you actually going to do until its fixed?

The servers have been this way for weeks and weeks, progressively getting worse. I personally feel that this game has become unplayable because of it. I don't think I'm wrong in saying this is the worst uni so far.

You guys seriously need keep us up to date and informed at the very least. You might also want to stretch it to some sort of compensation. Whether it be in subscription or something in-game. Either way, this has to be fixed and fixed quickly.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:56 am

thank you jon C for the info i hope you guys get it working soon because this was my hobby my escape from reality and all of reallitys down falls but yet it has been more stress then RL atm

good luck and God Speed Admins

Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:50 am
Profile WWW