Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7799

It's a well-known fact that roaming pricks and greens drop minor augs.. I spend 2-3 hours in df220-400 and I come back with maybe 1-2 exc augs, sometimes I get a sup off some of the MF ones... and everyone who knows me I like to kill everything for the sake of it. I leave the gals empty behind me.

Just so you know, if you don't have the firepower do DF 150 DGs.. they drop shit but you can get a fab parts BP, and exc speedy/spacy they sell for nice cash to AI.

Another way to make cash is to get a surgical weapon, train up piracy and have a buddy in a behe or something scoop stuff. If you can be bothered you can make half a bil per hour from blues, goblins, infernos and stuff. It's work but it does pay. You do need good piracy skills. Also if you happen to get something like transendental electro scoop or such... you will be quite rich.

So if you cant kill a BG under a minute don't waste your time. They were put there to annoy people and they are very good at it. Instead go find a DG with something like rosies and jujus, they drop lots of exc augs, ares, athena... trans expanders (ones for equip 18.. 500mil or so)

Don't whine getting cash is easy.

I have killed this DG boss in DG220 like 20 times.. MF pick.. best drop = MisD, and like 2 DWOs... same time I can do 3 of those DF150 DGs.. I get crappy BPs that you can use for infinite knowledge in lyceum, spacy/speedy augs that sell to AI for actual money and stuff that I consider shit but also sell for a few creds... now If I was to spend the same time doing those crappy ones I will get lots more cash and I can probably go and buy 3x the drops that I got from DF220...

I have reasons for why I do things.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:09 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: death comes with kill
Level: 13652

Also, would you could the lines in the xml data files that we made that describe all the items and custom galaxies?

what?

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:17 pm
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

After reading many posts... admins and players... and experiencing the problem first hand, I think both sides are looking at the problem the wrong way.

As I see it... it's not a problem with drop tables.... it's the ratio of soloability versus teambased content.

The new classes added by the admins pushed SS towards more team based high-end content. High DF dgs aren't really soloable by anyone now (few exceptions... but there always are). And a major delema I see... since most team content on the uberspectrum is camped.... quite a few DGs now are camped.... its hard for people to do any solo content that gives a reward (on the fighting, not base building spectrum)

That being said... I know a major apeal to SS for a lot of people was teh soloability of much of the content (DGs) IE you could DG, get some worthwhile loot, and as Jeff said sell it to the baes builders.

Now... like I stated earler.... I think the main problem is the ratio between solo content, and team based content and the rewards for both/ability to do both.

So it seems to me, the logical solution would be increase solo content a little more (i.e. increase worthwhile drops in DF 230-300+)... while solving the problems of camping DGs and ubers. If the content becomes accessable AND worth doing.... you'll find your customers will be happier.

Now, i'm not saying every DG I do I should get a give and take ect ect.... Assuming the camping of DGs/ubers was solved, and someone couldn't sit in a DG boss lvl forever... then putting in 1 hour or 2 of DGing.. I should get something decent for my efforts (relative to the DF/lvl I am).

thoughts, comments?

~bach

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:25 pm
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:47 pm
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

Awesome work JonC watched all of the dev diaries and they look pwnage.

just asking... do you play? i think you should give it a try and it'll help you understand the mechanics of the economy etc. what stuff is viable to be added and how you could help change things.

i seen you asked us to ask questions about game, whats gonna be added etc. i would sugest that you do this also (if you haven't already) and try it from the start without any admin powers.

-------------------------------------------Keep up the good work,
----------------------------------------------------------------------Martin :)

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:06 pm
Main: Hully
Level: 3812

Q: will there be a teaser and/or intro for client2?

Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:28 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

So could you please make Mining out in the farthest reachs of the galaxy viable? It would also increase Piracy.

Yes, we are planning on added a bunch of custom mining galaxies where building bases are not allowed and the asteroids drop much more valuable things based on the DF.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team

Question for Jeff

What do you plan to do for players who want to do PvE but dont want to waste time on PvP?

The new PvP system we are talking about should protect them to a degree. There will never be full protection because Star Sonata will always be at least somewhat a PvP game. It has to be since players can build stuff and fill up the galaxy.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team

my not-a-question

you mentioned changes to w4?

The plan is to take out the juxtapositions and concourse galaxies and instead make a parallel space that matches up with normal space, except with 3/4 of the galaxies removed and long jumps to keep the new w4 connected. So the fastest way from point A in normal space to point B in normal space will likely be to go to W4, fly to the closest gal in W4 to point B, then jump back to normal space. The new W4 will be unbuildable and filled with the next tier of enemies who are much tougher than the guys in w3 now. w4 is also the home to the aliens who are invading normal space, so there will be a few of their galaxies that you can assault as part of missions, I imagine.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:09 pm
Profile WWW

Ah I guess that is the hints that Cael dropped. Sounds exciting. (Naughty Jeff for triple posting :lol: )

Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:12 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Minaskosai wrote:
my not-a-question

The plan is to take out the juxtapositions and concourse galaxies and instead make a parallel space that matches up with normal space, except with 3/4 of the galaxies removed and long jumps to keep the new w4 connected. So the fastest way from point A in normal space to point B in normal space will likely be to go to W4, fly to the closest gal in W4 to point B, then jump back to normal space. The new W4 will be unbuildable and filled with the next tier of enemies who are much tougher than the guys in w3 now. w4 is also the home to the aliens who are invading normal space, so there will be a few of their galaxies that you can assault as part of missions, I imagine.

If they are copies of some of the gals in normal galaxies, does this mean that there will be AI bases in w4? Also, how would it work for special gals like the rumbles? Would there be the normal rumble AI in there? Or would you just code it so that the juxta gates cannot appear in special gals anymore?

Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:30 pm

Well seeing as 3/4 of the gals wouldnt exist in W4, i assume that special gals probably wouldn't.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:33 pm
Main: Minch
Level: 2357

This making money stuff is alod of bollock's

Iv'e wasted like 80b in like the last month on stuff i thought i needed :P

But changed skill and now i still got 35b

Even tho my DG drop's load's of uber shit :)

-Minch-

Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:37 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Denoan
Level: 2035

Minaskosai wrote:
my not-a-question

yay! more stuff for me to map! XD
sounds fun, though! *is looking forward to it*

Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:13 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

This making money stuff is alod of bollock's

Iv'e wasted like 80b in like the last month on stuff i thought i needed :P

But changed skill and now i still got 35b

Even tho my DG drop's load's of uber shit :)

-Minch-

Its not alot of bollocks.

I dont want to have anything to do with bases, i will leave that to my teammates.

If i ignore bases, its very hard to make cash from just doing DGs i can do.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next