Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post This latest patch
There was some great stuff that went into this patch. I want to thank all the other devs for their work. Sorry that we had a crash after the patch, but we can't test everything. It seems stable enough now, though.

Autopilot is self-correcting, slaves don't wander off, and the mission viewer bug is fixed. Enough said.

Some memory optimizations that SAL did have cut our memory footprint down from 2.6gb with this old crowded universe to 1.0gb. And his new saving code combined with HAL's dudelist pruning has reduced the time it takes to save everything from 45-50 minutes to 2.5 minutes, even on this old universe. This is all extremely impressive and bodes well for the server. Since 95% of the crashes causing rollbacks this last month have been us running out of memory, I hope that this will put an end to that.

Right now, there is some concentrated lag right when the save finishes for about 15-20 seconds. We will look at this over the next few days. I have set the game to save every 15 minutes now, so every 15 minutes you will see this bit of lag, but the upside is that if the game does crash, you will have an average roll back of 7.5 minutes.

I think the fixing of the tractor bug made tractors way too weak. I was just playing a bit and I didn't like it at all. I will most likely beef all of the tractor sub-skills to make them come out to what it was before this bug fix.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:00 pm
Profile WWW

Very nice, and I guess everyone talk about the Update here instead of my post in Misc. :P

And I agree, with the nerf to tractor sub-skills they will be too weak, beefage now, whoo!

Also, I am curious since I cant play, what are the cap-ships speeds now? If you want to divulge that info that is... :roll:

Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:08 pm
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

you keep saying it and i keep laughing, but whats a dudelist? XD

Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:12 pm

Yeah that has me stumped too. I was thinking a player list that has to reloads every time someone logs on. (Dude List) :lol:

Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:22 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Dude is the name of the class in the game that represents one character and his connection to the server and some other things like hotkeys. There's a big-ass dudelist with 150k or so dudes in it.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

Dude is the name of the class in the game that represents one character and his connection to the server and some other things like hotkeys. There's a big-ass dudelist with 150k or so dudes in it.

XD then we were right lol

Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:47 pm

Heh anyways, I've added like 4400ish characters to the Augmenter Setups page Simon, and I got plenty more to add...Tell me what you think.. 8)

Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:54 pm
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

soooo, you couldnt tell us exactly what you did to cap ships could you?

I hear battlecruisers are now usable

Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:13 am
Main: _Emrys
Level: 1036

Post what the fuck.
HOLY SHIT. You guys fixed all that stuff that has been broken since... ever. AWESOME. Seriously, a great, and long needed patch. Good job.

Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:16 am
Profile WWW
Team: Aidelon
Main: BWO Com.
Level: 4007

one thing that catchs my eye, is that anyone on the team can declare war, is it suppose to be like that?

Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:20 am
Profile YIM
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

nah thats a glitch, its been reported in the bug forum.

Kinda annoying if you recruit someone with a grudge against his old team and he declares war

Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:25 am
Main: voyager vs borg
Level: 1035

'is it me or is the game running smoother' - HARPER

Nuff said!

Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:31 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

It's always really great to see an update of this magnitude, it really does good to see how well the game is progressing, and I have no doubt it will continue to do so for a long time to come. Well done to all the Developers, and congratulations on continuing to improve on an already addicting game :)

Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:32 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Muffasa
Level: 7829

but again.... you've failed to mention lotsa changes that affect the gameplay... like damage changes on lotsa weapons...

Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:41 am
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Um, what about the Super Phunka? What beef did it get? I have one I use as a delivery ship, I can see no difference.

Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:29 am