Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

Post Emperor Runs
Since some people have been asking, here is what we have planned for emperor runs.

Starting next universe, there will be a new galaxy where the palace is located. You will not be able to build any additional bases in this galaxy, though you will be able to deploy permanent drones to help defend. The Palace has also been upgraded to a T20 kit, so you can put some decent defenses on it. Once the universe has reached a sufficient level to support an emperor, King Midas will spawn. To claim the palace as your own, you must first defeat King Midas and you must be ranked in the top 3 teams.

After claiming the palace, you will have to build a crown ship and wait a few days for the coronation ceremony, during which time other teams can try to stop you by destroying the palace.* To be crowned emperor of the universe, the director of your team will have to make the trip to Sol in the crown ship and dock at Earth Central.

As the reigning emperor of the universe, you will gain several benefits. The director and councilors of the reigning team will get beneficial auras that slightly improve stats of nearby team mates. Your team will also get a small tithe on all scooped credits that will be deposited directly into team funds. Additionally, the Palace will have a built in (sticky) Imperial Mint that can be used to create unclean imperial seals if you supply the materials to it. Of course, at any time other teams can challenge your reign by assaulting the palace.

* Note - The palace is never actually destroyed, but by reducing its shields to zero you can halt any emperor run in progress, and can then claim it as your own by docking there (if you are in one of the top teams).

There have also been some revisions to team score calculations that should (hopefully) make them more accurately reflect the strength of a team.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:41 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: death comes with kill
Level: 13652

uuubbbeeerr, good job admins, ive been waiting for 2 years for another emp run >.<

Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:47 pm

Once the universe has reached a sufficient level to support an emperor, King Midas will spawn.

Whats the trick to make the universe reach a "sufficient" level to support an emperor? will it be 50% of all the colony in the universe owned by 1 top 3 team still? or what is it?

good job though

Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:52 pm
Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8524

-ERMAN

Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Dev Team

can we aug the palace?

-ERMAN

Yes.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:01 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: NukeACow
Level: 8120

Quote:
Once the universe has reached a sufficient level to support an emperor, King Midas will spawn.

Whats the trick to make the universe reach a "sufficient" level to support an emperor? will it be 50% of all the colony in the universe owned by 1 top 3 team still? or what is it?

good job though

erman wrote:
can we aug the palace?

-ERMAN

we need to know!!

Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:01 pm
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8524

-ERMAN

Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Wasup999998
Level: 1921

How many slots and can ya'll copy over to test plz?

Ha!

Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:03 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 4171

Will the Emperor run still initiate the end of the current universe?

If so, I hope the universe will have sufficient longevity so there will be time for colonies to give an adequate return. With the high cost of building good gear, and the long build times of recent stuff (such as the S-sphere) we need longer unis

Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:18 pm
Profile YIM
Dev Team

No, emperor runs will no longer affect the end of the universe.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:20 pm

Will the Emperor run still initiate the end of the current universe?

If so, I hope the universe will have sufficient longevity so there will be time for colonies to give an adequate return. With the high cost of building good gear, and the long build times of recent stuff (such as the S-sphere) we need longer unis

Quote:
Of course, at any time other teams can challenge your reign by assaulting the palace.

since all the benefit ends if the palace is taken down that means its the same uni, so the uni wont end until 3 months+ like it always does.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:20 pm
Dev Team

Other players can still attack the palace to stop the emperor run or dethrone the current emperor, they just can't claim it and start a run of their own.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:29 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

I cant wait for the opposing 2 teams to have a BT asault run on the palace

Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Dev Team

If the top 3 teams are colluding to control the throne and keeping teams 4 and 5 from claiming it, we can always extend the emperor availability to the top 5 teams, or more.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:35 pm

With the bonuses of being Emperor octopus, I think all 3 of the top teams will want it, therefor, not allying, it would be a hard alliance to keep too...

Sounds great Hal!!!!

Yeah, make Battle Thatches NO MORE!!! Make 0 weapon slots on em like octopus said. And i think any team should be able to be Emperor, I am thinking if they can defend it, why should they not be aloud to claim emperor?

Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:04 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next