Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Alby in the end only gives ~25% extra elec (assuming AT 23, IT 3) vs 79% (assuming AT23, IT 3). The range is negligably different from the Zeus+. The ending DPS is +43.56% for the Alby and +69.3% for the Zeus+ (AT23, IT 3). Overall, shields are not that big of deal, due to the fact that a PtE can give just the same effect, if not better if shields are needed. The biggest gain for an Albatross Aug is the tracking it gives, and due to the fact that it is a rare uber drop and requires an even rarer skill to get, it should have a little over the Zeus+.

pte cant compare to it because alby has the range and the dps. SD dont need more dpe because the wepond they use(mags) needs just a tiny bit of elec.

and btw, the shield IS important.

Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:41 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Wasup999998
Level: 1921

All of the broken setups for SD that I've seen is using a Zebra, with TT+, really strong engine, and OS/Giga MisD or GnT. Shields don't madder much when you dodge every single shot, trust me, I've flown around at almost 500 speed with 17k shields for a long time and dg'ed and UZ'ed fine (without diffs most of the time).

In my opinion, you should give Zebra a weakness of some kind and make it where SD class only gives speed to LF's.

Ha!

Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:12 pm

All of the broken setups for SD that I've seen is using a Zebra, with TT+, really strong engine, and OS/Giga MisD or GnT. Shields don't madder much when you dodge every single shot, trust me, I've flown around at almost 500 speed with 17k shields for a long time and dg'ed and UZ'ed fine (without diffs most of the time).

In my opinion, you should give Zebra a weakness of some kind and make it where SD class only gives speed to LF's.

I agree with giving drawbacks to heavy fighters speed demon. simpler solution is to take away the turning thrust bonus.

although i disagree with what u said about heavy fighter speed demon being stronger. you've only seen illuminaughty, bizman and me. u hardly see illu soloing uz for a reason, i struggle, and bizman is just powerful in any class since he maxed all skills even imp seals.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:25 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

you cant look at bizman when comparing things

ffs, dont look at the pants members with zebras and all endgame stuff, what about me bling and MYTER?

we cant do UZ, let alone a room of MF reavers or something etc etc

"DONT BALANCE THE GAME OFF OF THE HIGHEST PEOPLE WHO MAKE IT LOOK BR0K3N"

Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:12 am
Profile WWW
Main: Wasup999998
Level: 1921

I personally have trouble with UZ unless I have bach's merc mag and even then I'll hit a regen, shield, or ranged augged zebra that will throw me off. Personally, I'd like to see a slight nerf to (player) Zebra's.

Panther vs DS:
Code:
Death Striker:
  230 Hull,
  130 speed
  4 augs
  2 weapons
  10 vis
  40 sze
  0% to Energy
  30% to Heat
  65% to Laser
  30% to Mining
  0% to Physical
  30% to Radiation
  30% to Surgical
  0% to Trans

Panther
  250 Hull
  135 Speed
  4 Augs
  5 Weapons
  25 Vis
  64 Size
  10% to Energy
  32% to Heat
  67% to Laser
  44% to Mining
  44% to Physical
  0% to Radiation
  32% to Surgical
  0% to Transferrence 

Which gives from a DS to a Panther:
+20 Hull, +5 Speed, +3 Weapons, +15 Visibility, +24 Size, +10% to Energy, +2% to Heat, +2% to Laser, +14% to Mining, +44% to Physical, -30% to Radiation, +2% to Surgical, +~10% range (possiblity to use os5 yielding slightly higher dps), possiblity to change overloaders

Code:
Rosy vs Zebra:
Rosmarinus
  690 Hull
  85 Speed
  3 Augs
  8 Weapons
  250 Visibity
  64 Size
  45% to Energy
  60% to Heat
  55% to Laser
  55% to Mining
  55% to Physical
  25% to Radiation
  25% to Surgical
  -10% to Transferrence

Zebra
  750 Hull
  100 Speed
  3 Augs
  5 Weapons
  100 Visibility
  128 Size
  50% to Energy
  45% to Heat
  57% to Laser
  57% to Mining
  57% to Physical
  0% to Radiation
  45% to Surgical
  0% to Transferrence

Which gives from a Rosy to a Zebra:
+60 Hull, +15 Speed, -3 Weapons, -150 Visibility, +64 Size, +5% to Energy, -15% to Heat, +2% to Laser, +2% to Mining, +2% to Physical, -25% to Radiation, +20% to Surgical, +10% to Transferrence, +150 Built in Elec (affected by augs), Aura gen(Energy+100%, Elec+100%, Recoil-10% for 15 seconds, nothing for 30 seconds), Built in +20% Energy bank and +10% hostility

Take the stats as you want to, good things are in green, bad things in red, negligable in yellow.

Ha!

Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:43 am

DS speed is 110, not 130. You didn't count the aura on the panther vs. ds.

Zebra's aura is 100% elec 100% energy, -10% recoil for 10 seconds, then its just 100% energy and -10% recoil for 10 more seconds, and 40 seconds with nothing.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:44 am

ffs, dont look at the pants members with zebras and all endgame stuff, what about me bling and MYTER?

In that case you suck. I can solo some of the hardest DFs ingame in an izer as SD, using basic gear, not a lie, its how I made a fuck load of money.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:06 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

BAM5992 wrote:

In that case you suck. I can solo some of the hardest DFs ingame in an izer as SD, using basic gear, not a lie, its how I made a fuck load of money.

well...mebbeh I was a lil to blatent

I meant like UZ..... 10 level deep stuff with MF reavers, MF BG's

you know....like hard stuff....

and if you can solo that with basic gear, then they/you need looking at

idk

Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

LichG wrote:
BAM5992 wrote:

well...mebbeh I was a lil to blatent

I meant like UZ..... 10 level deep stuff with MF reavers, MF BG's

you know....like hard stuff....

and if you can solo that with basic gear, then they/you need looking at

idk

Goz, its not the fact of Basic Gear, its how you use it.

I killed Picks and such with Abstructors, its not easy but it was worth it when i got a Zeus. :D

Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:42 am
Main: PhysicalAbuse V
Level: 2006

BAM5992 wrote:

By spamming Pest drones...lots of em...no wonder......stop acting like you are all mighty....

Shodaime and i had a little battle in arena, it wasnt me left in a pod,m and im augged better nw too...faster, more shields, more range, more dps...

sd's are as broken as snipers was last uni...why is it that ppl bitch and whine just because of what alot of the playerbase does? last uni, lots of snipers...then we get moaning mard-arses saying "sniper is so broke, i suck, they should nerf sniper"...now, this uni, we have a load of moaning mard-arses saying "SD is so broke, i suck, they should nerf SD"

FUCK OFF

For pity's sake...get over it and live with it....ask for better things, stop asking for nerfs just because one setup and skill is better then you....i used to ove MF, found it to be hard because A) was too slow, B)not enough DPE/DPS, C) not enough weapon variation D)other classes were alot better...

I'm sorry, i just get sick of ppl bitching and crying cuz someone is better then them.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:27 pm

PA, its not the fact about being better. And btw I only used pests for fast levelling.

I'm on about the fact that an SD with gear totalling about 5b, can do some of the hardest content ingame. However for most other calsses, the costs are much higher and the great required is a fuck load harder to get. And Goz, its the skill that needs looking at.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:54 pm

Hmm PA if you think that a 2 vs. 1 battle is a fair one then you need a tune up.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:47 pm
Main: PhysicalAbuse V
Level: 2006

Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

what needs to happen is there needs to be a rebalence..SD is as much broken as DM is with stacked DM ops. but i also think that UZ needs a rebalencing as well since just about any class can do it apperntly.

i can see DMs doing some things they deffinately shouldnt be. but at the same time i can see SDs in izers doing things like baron solo.. its a shame but ya know we all saw this coming as the new skills are better in many ways versus the old skills. and the old skill sniper needed work...

what we need is for the new client wich they promised some time this month to include a beef for UZ,the colony commoditys finished,an answer to micron..ether a definate yes,allright it will take this long (insert time span) or a no. it aint comin, the change for DM ops. and a rebalence for SD. if it can do insane DPS,have a 45k+sheild and be able to dodge just about anything from anyone less nimble then them. (literaly..SDs take my gunner out mostly because i simply cannot turn as quickly as they circle.) because they are supposed to be a burst damage class with high damage but relitively small bursts..when they can pretty much ignore their sheild banks since they dodge everything fired it gives people a huge disadvantage. and you cant push them away ether..their skills make them just far too nimble and their engines too strong. its just a lesson in futility trying to do so unless your an engineer.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:08 pm
Main: mrwoo
Level: 8291

tell you what you guys wont be happy till all skills are wiped to zero and its just items that give the bonus's

I'm a SD and i cant do any top end stuff at all and i do know how to play this game

if anyone's firing at range as a SD then there is a loss of other skills some may choose to aug that way

my Rossie goes 268 that's with max in micro warp too so where you get this 500+ speed i dunno.

whats broken is the constant slagging off other skills in a hope of trying to change game content.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:33 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next