Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Main: PhysicalAbuse V
Level: 2006

ok, thats a good start, but...for noone to use em, and admins to be working on em...kinda seems a waste of resources :D

Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:37 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

That idea is going to screw up my fleet idea for myself at lvl 600+

Dreadnought for me

3 Battlcruisers equipped with MTR and
1 destroyer equipped with a MTC

all 4 as slaves

this'll screw almost all Fleet Commanders as slaves suck even with slave mastery, but why put combat slaves in if no one uses them, now you're missing half a focus.

so what if half of the aura generators are fleet com only, I'd like to see instead of taking away capship slaves, make it so no aura generator can work on a slave, meaning if the slave has one, it just can't use it; only the flagship can use one, and the flagship is the player

it means that all fleet coms that stay fleet coms will have to lvl alone very very slowly, or lvl in a squad, which not many ppl will help one lvl on the fleet com's own time; why would someone help a lvl 100 fleet com lvl to lvl 500 without pause?

Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:42 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Teh Haxzorz
Level: 2443

I must admit, the cap ship combat slaves are kinda broken. A teammate took an EF Frigate with an energy aura on a copper run, which boosted everybodies elec/energy by quite a considerable amount. This counteracted the Blobs aura iirc. But then again, I'm not complaining :P

Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:54 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

I must admit, the cap ship combat slaves are kinda broken. A teammate took an EF Frigate with an energy aura on a copper run, which boosted everybodies elec/energy by quite a considerable amount. This counteracted the Blobs aura iirc. But then again, I'm not complaining :P

Exactly. Now imagine if everyone brought a slave like that with them.

Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:10 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

Still, just when Slave masters had the ability to do shit, it gets removed.

Then again, Slave masters could be the ones in the cap ship.

But I like my cap ship that trades metals between my base :D

Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:52 am
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

If anyone has any good ideas on how to make combat slaves more useful then make sure to post about. Jeff likes combat slaves himself so Im pretty sure he wants them to be useful.

Seems to me that the biggest problem is that they drift away in lag and things like that. Which is a bit tricky to fix.

Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:02 am
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

well hurray for completely killing my fleet commander's setup :D

3 frigates down the drain, now it will be nice and easy to sit in a base all day instead of leveling >_<

Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:43 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Isn't it possible to just make it so you cannot slave a ship if a non-in-built aura generator is equipped?

Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:51 am

Isn't it possible to just make it so you cannot slave a ship if a non-in-built aura generator is equipped?

/me agrees and waits for response.

Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Dev Team
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

I agree as well.

I never tough about using some aura with capital ship slaves (i dont have any aura yet), but yea, they seem to be unbalanced when you look at them this way.

But its a little too radical to just prevent them to be slaves at all. Like i said earlier, they are somewhat the only power fleet commander have...

Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:36 am

What if you leave things as they are, but make it so cap ship only aura gens cant be slaved? so, if one is equipped, you cant equip a controlbot.....that way, it suits all the ppl that use E-frigates to level and slave with, and those like me that have used em to Trade slave, and they arent able to be broken by having three slaves, with three various aura's....

Win-Win situation imo.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:54 am
Main: Lev
Level: 1591

I must say that the capital ships are the only reason that make a struggling lower level Fleet Commander like me have a chance when playing solo.

I use an entourage of Earthforce Frigates exclusively for multiple reasons -- although I had no idea bout the aura gen trick. Disallowing them as combat slaves would quite possible destroy my entire strategy as a player; and really ruin slave mastery again. It is one of the few advantages I have as a player. The change in the class structure was the main reason I came back, I don't see why one over sized bug of aura gens should be reason to completely dismantle a an entire class of players.

I agree that the best solution is to just disallow aura gens on combat slaves -- more specifically Capital ships. I also think the Capital ship fleet could be diversified more.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:04 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Making non-built in field generators not work on slaves sounds like a viable alternative. Let me think about it a bit. I might go with that.

Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:27 am
Profile WWW

+1 Good Idea for PA :mrgreen:

Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:59 am

Making non-built in field generators not work on slaves sounds like a viable alternative. Let me think about it a bit. I might go with that.

yay!

Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:18 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next