Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Which is exactly what I said. You saying team caps will be on live will stop this, so er what on earth was the point in testing something that didn't really need to be tested because that wasn't the major flaw?

Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:12 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

I just want to point out, when the team caps come into play; and you still see teams working together, dont be surprised by the results.

~bach

Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:56 am
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

I just want to point out, when the team caps come into play; and you still see teams working together, dont be surprised by the results.

~bach

Exactly, team caps arent going to solve much, Teams can and WILL split up and work together towards the greater good.

There is no way to keep the whole huge teams from happening unless you put severe restrictions on huge teams, or give large bonuses to small ones.

There will always be people trying to break the game, thats the way games are, so your gonna have to adapt.

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:55 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6552

denedin707 wrote:

~bach

Exactly, team caps arent going to solve much, Teams can and WILL split up and work together towards the greater good.

There is no way to keep the whole huge teams from happening unless you put severe restrictions on huge teams, or give large bonuses to small ones.

There will always be people trying to break the game, thats the way games are, so your gonna have to adapt.

just tell em that if it is not in fact a single team working together they dont get the bonuses an take emp from em or take away a portion of the bonuses...bitchslap them for being crude, obnoxious and utterly irritating. otherwise there is realy no other way to restrict it and make them play the way its supposed to. if you limit teams..it just means that pants will help traders outside of it, or visa versa. it stops nothing at all when you limit teams. you should limit available actions instead.

Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:35 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Lich, we wanted to see that everything was working as it should. Apparently it did.

Quote:

Sure they will but they wont be able to join up on the same team. The team that actually gets emp will get benefits while the other teams gets a penalty.
Dont think we want to stop working together totally, we just want to promote more conflicts.
All the teams will want to be emp to get the benefits, none of the others teams will want anyone else to be emp because of the penalties.

Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:33 am
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

theres a Big Diffrence in Test and Live, One team well 5 People Tried to stop us from Gettin emp, on live it would be Everyone else in SS

Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:30 am
Main: Charles Foster Offdensen
Level: 3706

i have a question about the "Unclean Imperial seals"........ what exactly do you do with them? i haven't been around long enough to see an emp so i don't know much about this whole thing... please explain

~Razgriz~

Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:42 am

You get em cleaned (Not sure how) and then you can use em for Seal Skills, to check em out go to the special base in Glass Matrix, its the skills that require an Imperial Seal... :lol:

Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:04 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6552

Lich, we wanted to see that everything was working as it should. Apparently it did.

Quote:

Sure they will but they wont be able to join up on the same team. The team that actually gets emp will get benefits while the other teams gets a penalty.
Dont think we want to stop working together totally, we just want to promote more conflicts.
All the teams will want to be emp to get the benefits, none of the others teams will want anyone else to be emp because of the penalties.

if players can manage to setup a deal where they get cheap imp seals your "penalty" wont mean shit, they will team up in large masses anyway totaly negating any penalty effect you might enforce. and since imp seals are very VERY handy...... yea.....heh.. ill let your imagination wander into the depths of dispair at the unfortunate friendlyness teams have with eachother reguardless of what admins have thrown at us. :P

Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:55 pm
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

The Voomy One wrote:

Quote:

if players can manage to setup a deal where they get cheap imp seals your "penalty" wont mean shit, they will team up in large masses anyway totaly negating any penalty effect you might enforce. and since imp seals are very VERY handy...... yea.....heh.. ill let your imagination wander into the depths of dispair at the unfortunate friendlyness teams have with eachother reguardless of what admins have thrown at us. :P

not totally, granted, there will still be some sharing and deal making... but I dont see it happening with every team or most teams for that matter. There are alot of factions and tension within SS and the teams atm... I dont see as many deals being made as u might think.

~bach

Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:02 pm

They said the Emperor base allows only team docking, so the seals can't be sold outside of the team since if a player removes it, its neuro bound to em.

Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:37 pm

Yes because its so hard to leave your team, join the emp team, get your emp seals then leave, even with team caps.

Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:46 pm
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

The emperor team can't invite new players.

Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:55 pm

Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:08 pm
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

The emperor team can't invite new players.

kinda stupid no?

yeh it does avoid the exploit but still...

yay get emp, you cant recruit...

Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:42 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next