Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Zonura
Main: Takuhi
Level: 966

So now that we have some more restrictions/additions to PvP, mind taking PvP range away?

Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:53 pm
Team: Light Commerce
Main: Sharky99x
Level: 2766

So now that we have some more restrictions/additions to PvP, mind taking PvP range away?

You mean so a lvl 2K can attack a lvl 21 ??? I dont think so

Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:17 pm
Team: Zonura
Main: Takuhi
Level: 966

Takuhi wrote:

You mean so a lvl 2K can attack a lvl 21 ??? I dont think so

Not quite like that, but like the original rules. It can get frustrating when someone is just below your PvP range during a war. Maybe change the rules for War so that PvP ranges don't apply at all.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:25 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

No, the PvP range is staying. Glory for now is mostly just trophy but also will help to keep people who don't like PvP at all safe. If you get killed a bunch of times but you never kill anyone, your glory will drop to zero and then it will become very expensive for pvp'ers to attack you, since it would raise their infamy. People who *do* like PvP can easily identify other people who also like PvP and are at a similar skill by finding people with similar glory.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:02 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bizman
Level: 11051

Really not fond of this PvP/Glory change. SD is so dominant in PvP and people in their Dark Freighters that get killed get punished for base-building... I can hardly stop thinking of exploits to this. I'll probably take an alt and kill all my basing chars repeatedly to lower their glory to 0 so they cannot be touched. It rewards people with free Gear Glue that run around hitting anyone unsuspecting. Stealth Speed Demons become the bane of the game as they float around killing everything they come in contact with. Hopefully my cynicism proves unfounded, but lots of holes in this one. The real root of the issue is that SS has a lot of variety in ship types, and someone in their PvP gear has no limitation about attacking someone not in their PvP gear (Basing, AI, Base-killing). Traveling the universe becomes quite tedious under these environments, and war-mongering someone who is being a jerk now costs ME money to do. Time will tell, of course - I'm probably wrong!

Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:31 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3931

Some classes are superior to others for PvP and it also makes no distinction between Joe in his bulk or Flash Harry in is augged out speedy/stealth Panther.

Further, since u gain glory by leveling higher levels are always going to be attracting unwanted arrention from glory seekers. So Joe in his bulk is going to be spewing his cargo all over the galaxy.
Also if Joe gets mad and hops in his fighter and goes after the lower level, slighly lower glory, pirate he is at a disadvantage as if he kills the annoying !@#$% he will gain infamy points

Finally if you are in a non pvp team you have no chance of doing an Emperor run as with glory points contributing to team score you are never going to be in the tops 3 teams.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:31 am
Profile YIM
Team: Aidelon
Main: Teh Haxzorz
Level: 2443

Lorac and Biz have basically summed up what I was going to say.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:08 am
Team: Evil Empire
Main: Outcast
Level: 2205

Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:30 am

Finally if you are in a non pvp team you have no chance of doing an Emperor run as with glory points contributing to team score you are never going to be in the tops 3 teams.

I believe thats the general idea. Admins dont want peaceful emp runs, hello, emperor. Violent struggle to take over the universe. The entire emp run system was changed to reduce the likelyhood of diplomacy making it a peaceful run, however even on test Traders have just merged and became a super team. If you want emp, you have to pvp, which is fair.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:09 am

Post Re: Wars & PvP
HAL wrote:
You will get Infamy as well for killing players with less glory than you, if you are too Infamous it will prevent you from aggressively killing players with less glory than you. Dying to a player will reduce your infamy.

Did you read that part New Hope? I'm not quite sure how that will work though, how do you determine too infamous?

Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:41 am
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

Well so far Glory is just a way to put a number on things. Inmoral players will not be discouraged by infamy or anything, especially as they have full control over it.

If you don't like the way they are playing, declare war on them and grief them back.

Quote:
How do you determine too infamous?

If their Infamy is greater than your glory, they can't aggressively attack you.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:18 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

how about infamy/glory is muyltiplied by skill and current ship?

like SD gets a 2x glory bonus, because they are so roxxors in PvP, and say MF's with SM 23 etc in a DF get negative glory multipliers, so they become attacked lesss often, but say a MF in a rosy gets soem glory multiliers because in thyat ship they are more able, but not as able as a SD.

see what im getting at?

summed up: Current Ship AND fighting skill/trading skill (along with ship) affect glory multipliers.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: NukeACow
Level: 7563

so an MFM in a zebucart wouldn't be able to be attacked?

Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:39 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next