Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

Quote:
Dying to a player will reduce your infamy.

Did you read that part Lich? It means we have total control over infamy and thus can choose what the consequences will be, we can choose them to be zero.

That being said, once again, declaring war on someone because you do not like the way they are playing means you're paying just to do something they can do to you. "And grief them back", WHAT!? There should be zero griefing from either side.

Find a balance, being able to get zero glory and be invincible to players, or be required to pay for war declaring (not very original btw, only you forgot to copy one part that makes it realistic) just to do what someone's doing to you for free and having ZERO shown support for PvP-Support classes such as healing players = A crap system.

I say no, and I'm not even playing anymore. This is simply an objective point of view from an ex-chat mod with enough pvp experience in and out of SS.

We want to hear about PvP support classes that want in but do not deal much damage (yet are fundamental in many pvp fights.) We want to hear about more balance.

We want to hear about bigger consequences to glory and infamy, like dying with infamy to your alt being harder(or not existent at all, find another way.), not being able to dock at stations with certain infamy or being open to bigger pvp ranges, infamy increasing your visibility or lowering your exp by half. And we want to see them be implemented with glory and infamy, and not months later when exploiting has been done already.

Make some changes, minor or major, just don't make glory or infamy just another useless stat, just like 'maestro' or 'teampoints' or level 1500 vs level 1000 have for many years said just about nothing.

mmmmhmmm

that green bit sounds great.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:36 pm

Jeff_L once said that a player with High Infamy may be auto aggro'd by Sol and that team.

And yes, I think high infamy should make you have a more open player versus player range from other people.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:01 pm
Team: Zygort Traders
Main: Trouble
Level: 4461

Jeff_L once said that a player with High Infamy may be auto aggro'd by Sol and that team.

And yes, I think high infamy should make you have a more open player versus player range from other people.

The trouble with that is that either you can then attack even more players (Infamy isn't a reward) or there will be players that can attack you that you can't attack back, which no matter how much of a jerk you are is broken

Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Tengu
Level: 866

How about a small vulnerability tweak for every so many levels of infamy. So some one who insists on picking on weaker players will take more damage if some one bigger catches them or some one who stood a small chance now is on an even playing field.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:26 pm

Problem with infamy is that it totally screws over a high level like me. Most people will keep their base glory because tbh, nobody PvPs. If i kill someone like level 1500, its going to increase my infamy, and whats the real difference in power? 0, most people around that can easily be as strong as me, if not stronger.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:27 pm
Main: Tengu
Level: 866

Problem with infamy is that it totally screws over a high level like me. Most people will keep their base glory because tbh, nobody PvPs. If i kill someone like level 1500, its going to increase my infamy, and whats the real difference in power? 0, most people around that can easily be as strong as me, if not stronger.

Good point.

Maybe implement a glory system where over level 1500 and any PvP kills only count toward Glory points and Infamy can't be gained from those kills. Level 1500 would make sure they could max out there Focus, Class, and Sub-class skills and more than likely have the core skills maxed.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:31 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

Imo, the rate that you can loose your imfamy by dying.... as in the ratio of your deaths to 1 point going down should be a lot higher. Maybe even progressive.

And teh higher your infamy score is, maybe even have 'levels of infamy' (in the sense of degrees), you'll get effected negativly as a result.

So if your going to go ahead and get a high infmamy score

1) it should be hard to work down

2) there should be some noticable effects

3) should close pvp ranges you can attack, but not to others from attacking you.

~bach

Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:53 pm
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

Infamy should have 0 sidefects, only to reduce your ability to pvp people.

Currently the only side effect that I know of is that Vigilante (and other bounty hunters that may or may not be added at some point) may decide to try to pick a fight with you if you are infamous.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:54 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: NukeACow
Level: 7563

sweet, so real pvp asses can get pwnt by Vigi if they decide to be nubcakes

Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:02 pm
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

scorch should be a bounty hunter, and other bounty hunters with their own weapons or ship blue prints.

Perhaps a bounty hunter in a Rosemary so that can finally be a player ship

Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:06 pm

Sol should also be aggro to infamous people.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:45 pm

Sol should also be aggro to infamous people.

No. This system is about encouraging PvP but not Griefing, that would just totally destroy it.

Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:20 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

if galaxies were to become auto agro, they shouldent be allowed to have adums closers and "docking denides"

Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:07 am
Profile WWW
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3931

I think most of the posters have MISSED the point.
Read what New Hope said.

Infamy can be lost through dying to a player

This alone renders the "infamy" argument moot as you can arrange to lose infamy.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:13 am
Profile YIM
Team: Traders
Main: mrwoo
Level: 8291

Idea if p1 kills p2 rather than creds dropping the same amount from p2 goes to a bounty on p1

p1 gets gg and what else or turn the gg into a gg token to be exchange for creds

only thing i see wrong is that ie reaver in a ship with inbuilt laser doesn't require high level gg if any at all ?

oh edit of course bounty creds must drop and not go on and on as bounty lol

Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:53 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next