Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

Post Neuro Bound Items
Next patch we will begin adding some items that are Neuro Bound - this means that you will not be able to transfer the item to another player. Constructed Neuro Bound items that are transferred off of a base will be permanently bound to the character that took them. Generally speaking, bound items will be acquired through building or by mission rewards. If any existing items become bound, we will give fair warning in advance.

That being said, (Unclean) Imperial Seals will be Neuro Bound starting next universe, and a new portable polishing machine will be made available so that unclean seals can be cleaned outside of a base.

I think we have prevented all of the possible ways to transfer Neuro Bound items, however if you do find a way to exploit the system please report it to an admin ASAP. You will be rewarded, and of course you don't risk getting banned if we catch you exploiting.

Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:30 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

When is this mythical "next patch" gonna arrive, anyway?

And did you think of putting it in a zebu or similar ship, waiting for it to go spaceship in a far-away galaxy where noone would be, then having the person wanting it cap the zebu? This is the most outragous, creative one I can think of, but it would be worth it for imp seals.

Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:40 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Pear
Level: 5670

U thought about putting the item on a slave and transfering?

Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:56 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Domeshot
Level: 4475

Does this mean it won't be scoopable by anyone else or you wont be able to drop it in the first place?

Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:00 pm
Dev Team

Does this mean it won't be scoopable by anyone else or you wont be able to drop it in the first place?

You won't be able to drop it, voluntarily or by force. If you want to get rid of it, you can sell it to an AI base.

You won't be able to transfer a slave with neuro bound items on board, and neuro bound items will get destroyed on death (or radiation death), so you while you can capture a ship with these items in the inventory, they won't be there when you get control of the ship.

Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:15 pm
Main: Pear
Level: 5670

Are they going to be like weapons, sheilds energys and such or just tweeks and general equipment?

Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:17 pm
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

keyboard wrote:

You won't be able to drop it, voluntarily or by force. If you want to get rid of it, you can sell it to an AI base.

You won't be able to transfer a slave with neuro bound items on board, and neuro bound items will get destroyed on death (or radiation death), so you while you can capture a ship with these items in the inventory, they won't be there when you get control of the ship.

if i die with a neurobound weapon equipped in mah zebu, it wont dissappear. the ship will go into stasis. The ship will leave stasis and become a SpaceShip. This SpaceShip does not need to be shot with radiation to be capped. It just needs to be shot once with a prismatic conversion. In that whole process the neurobound item did not decay and the new owner of the ship has my old leet weap.

Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:34 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

HAL wrote:
keyboard wrote:

if i die with a neurobound weapon equipped in mah zebu, it wont dissappear. the ship will go into stasis. The ship will leave stasis and become a SpaceShip. This SpaceShip does not need to be shot with radiation to be capped. It just needs to be shot once with a prismatic conversion. In that whole process the neurobound item did not decay and the new owner of the ship has my old leet weap.

Exactly, this is what I was trying to say! Someone can cap it without irridiating it, therefor getting an unclean imp seal!!!

Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:46 pm
Dev Team

Exactly, this is what I was trying to say! Someone can cap it without irridiating it, therefor getting an unclean imp seal!!!

It still shouldn't matter, since neuro bound items also get nuked on stasis time out. Yes I was extra thorough to make sure that it is impossible to exploit the system, I would suggest waiting until the items actually become available to start coming up with strategies for transferring them as right now anything you can come up with is purely speculation.

Also, we don't plan on making any neurobound weapons, at least for now, most items will be either unique mission rewards or items that wouldn't have dropped anyways (such as shield, augmenter, energy, engine). We don't want to make it possible for someone to build a ship with all the items permanently glued to their hull so that they can't lose anything ever.

Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:21 pm
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

HAL wrote:
keyboard wrote:

Space ships need radded anyway.

I like this idea but kinda harsh on someone who gets an unclean seal as a reward for reporting a bug and cant do anything with it

Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:08 pm
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

Space ships need radded anyway.

no they don't.

Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:54 pm
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

As long as you make the mobile seal cleaner availble to everyone and be more expensive to use then the station one, then havign unclean imp seals be neurobound woudl work.

Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:15 pm
Main: PhysicalAbuse V
Level: 2006

Can i just ask why? why do we need or most importantly, why do we want this?

Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:49 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

how do I go about moving my neuro bound stuff from ship to ship?

will I need gg to hold my stuff if it never falls off?

what if I cant support the tech or..... size/elec useage, how do I "not" use my neuro bound stuff?

its stupid the items can be destroyed, what if we want another? repeatable missions or bp's?

the "rollback mission bug" would need fixing if these were put in mission form

can we put them in bases? because remember, we CAN transfer bases...

Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:14 am
Profile WWW