Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:05 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Reducing colony tick time might result in similar problems coming earlier. No idea how efficient the colony system is.

Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:50 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

i personaly dont like the short unis, i like them long, as last uni what was it 3.5-4months?

i loved it, i think once u get the new coding in for lag, it will be fine....

Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:16 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: WillyWonka
Level: 2437

2.5 month long uni sounds a bit short to me, I mean it's not only the DG loot and player sold items that have become very expensive, its also the ruin items and ships/ship gear you build that now costs bumloads. Shortening the universe that much will undoubtedly cut a huge chunk out of the profits that can be made and hence people will be able to buy less gear and build less ships. However, reducing the colony year a tad to like 90 minutes as Biz suggested would allow the colonies to grow a bit faster and counteract the shorter universe time. Then again it could be the colonies that cause the server so many problems at uni end for all I know :)

First account :)
Swingarm shocks the world

Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:25 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6561

Then again it could be the colonies that cause the server so many problems at uni end for all I know

this is true. but isnt it also true that once a colony reaches max size it no longer grows? therefore colony size doesnt change and should remain constant and shouldnt take too much power. at least thats my idea about the colonys. their purchasing and such remains mostly constant once it reaches a point.

reducing colony tick would work and so would changing the way colonys grow. right now many colonys just get max pop or have only had it for a couple of weeks by the time a reset would be called if the time was only 2.5months.

colonys just dont grow fast enough for a profit with that short a uni. and with the new commods on hiatus...

Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:31 am

another reason why the uni should be long is bc, Being emp takes a while even with 5%, bc Ais Control a massive part of the pop, Did some checking, and with E-Sector+Earth Central=30bill pop, NOT counting Whats in the rhino lvl....

So, take that away or keep the uni long

Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:53 pm
Dev Team
Main: JackFrost
Level: 620

I believe the population at the end of unis is in the 500 billion to 1 trillion range. The AI won't be controlling more than 10% of the universes population.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:58 am

I believe the population at the end of unis is in the 500 billion to 1 trillion range. The AI won't be controlling more than 10% of the universes population.

o u hit it right on the DOT!, AT THE END OF THE UNI, Being emp at the end of the uni gets us nothing...

Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:25 am
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

yeah you want to be emp for as long as possible to have time to produce imp seals and gain an adantage from the emperaura and the credit tithe

IF someone gets emp one week from the end of the uni they will only be able to use that aura one against each uber ai

Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:55 am
Main: _Emrys
Level: 1036

Post What the fuck...
The Voomy One wrote:
2.5 months or 3 months, the difference is 2 weeks. That wont really matter much.

I think 3 months would be much better. Then they can actually use the whole 10 weeks before for building, and prepare to take shit down in the last 2 weeks.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:13 pm
Profile WWW