Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: pantalones
Main: Illuminaughty
Level: 2232

www.starsonata.com/StarSonata_TestClient.exe

Also: omfg, awesome!! I now dont have to switch between my 4 BBGs just to find my main weapon again if I accidently pressed 'E'.

And could you guys add engines 20 somewhere? Not to put it on the main server, just test. It would be neat to try out all the tech 20 engines.

*Staring at admins for C2 preview*

Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:41 pm
Main: ban
Level: 45

One more thing while we're on the whole items subject. Would there be any way to make the items in your ship CTRL clickable? i.e. I want to dump my space oats, whiskey, peasants, workers, nukes, etc onto my base. I could hold CTRL and click them all THEN right click to transfer ALL CTRL clicked items to base.
Instead of having....to....right....click....each....and.....every.....item....I.....want....to....transfer...

That would be SOOO handy. Is it possible? Thanks :)

Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:07 pm

One of the best features ever implemented, especially now they will autostack. And if Chester's suggestion goes in, omg :shock:

Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:12 pm
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

Test seems to have went back to a far older save than it previously was. Last time I used test I had excomms now I dont.

Red target ring for enemies, nice touch

Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:01 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

I think chester's idea is supposed to be in C2 if I remember correctly.

~bach

Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:17 pm
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Klestiko
Level: 1994

I think chester's idea is supposed to be in C2 if I remember correctly.

~bach

C2? :)

Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

The inventory list in client 2 has multiple selection.

Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:25 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Spacing Guild
Main: FracOMac
Level: 3369

The inventory list in client 2 has multiple selection.

Oh come on, you can't say that without at least giving us an approximation of when that will be or at least a broad overview of what is left to be done. Please? :)

Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:28 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

We are not currently putting our main efforts into client2 because we are currently trying to fix disconnects and lag.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:17 am
Profile WWW

I was under the impression that Client 2 was being programmed by a third party. So surely any fixes for disconnects and lag you are doing wouldn't affect the progress for the client? Unless current client code is being altered to fix it and needs to be incorporated into the new one. But then that would require client patches and we'd have known? :?

Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:17 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

Client 2 is being programmed by a third party to a certain extent, after which our team has to go over it and do all the polish and add all the features we want in there. The plan is leading towards some very exciting changes :)

Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:40 pm
Team: Zonura
Main: Takuhi
Level: 966

Client 2 is being programmed by a third party to a certain extent, after which our team has to go over it and do all the polish and add all the features we want in there. The plan is leading towards some very exciting changes :)

Will we know what these changes are before the new client gets released or is it all under wraps?

Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:30 pm
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

Still I have to ask, is there an GTA (Guesstimated) for client 2? This year sometime?

I cant wait for the next patch or for client 2.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:55 pm
Main: _Emrys
Level: 1036

Post Re:
MagicSteve wrote:
Still I have to ask, is there an GTA (Guesstimated) for client 2? This year sometime?

I cant wait for the next patch or for client 2.

Yes, seconded. Just a confirmation if it will be in the 2nd half of this year, or next year? Just a choice between those 2 would be helpful.

Fri May 16, 2008 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team

Post Re: Stackers
The contractor that I hired who is working on client2 is simply porting the current client to Irrlict. So when he's done, it should look almost the same as the current client. His currently estimated finish time is in June, though that has already slipped 3 times. Once he's done, then the main dev team will add in all the new models, new special effects, and new GUI, which will probably take several months.

The new GUI elements fall in 4 main categories:

1) Multiple selection for ship and base inventory and handling of actions on those multiple selections. i.e. select a bunch of things, then right-click and choose "sell", "toss", "transfer", or whatever, and that action will apply to all selected items.

2) Icons along the top for all allies and controllable possessions. There will be information along the top for anything you can control (slaves, drones, or bases) and possibly also allies in the same galaxy with shield bars on each one. Clicking on an icon will select it, double clicking will select all of that type, and triple clicking will select everything you can control.

3) RTS-Style commands for things you can control. After selecting things in the manner described in 2), you can then right-click on things in the galaxy to give context-sensitive commands to what you've selected. right-clicking on an enemy will tell your selected controllables to attack that enemy. Clicking on an AI base will tell your selected slaves to dock and deactivate there. Clicking on a wormhole would tell your selected slaves to jump through there and wait for you. Clicking on a debris will tell a selected slave to scoop that debris. Clicking on an ally would tell your selected things to heal or guard it. etc.

4) Small icons for wormholes, AI bases, and your current target that float on the edge of the screen in the direction of these things if they are off screen. This will help orient you, keep noobs who float away from feeling lost, and be very convenient for jumping to the next galaxy and docking at an AI base, since you will be able to right-click on these icons to either AP to and jump through that wormhole or AP to and dock at that base. You will also be able to select your slaves and right-click on a base or wormhole "edge floaty" to give them the corresponding order for that thing without having to find it on your radar or requiring it to be on screen.

Sat May 17, 2008 4:02 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next