Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post Re: Iq' Qa'uuu: UrQa UZ Update 7.08
i think Hyperion gives some insight on how to beat this thing. the wreakage in hyperion contains unique commods. this boss lvl will contain at least one of them: crack urqa shield matrix. we will be required to mine the belt to find this commod and use it to defeat the boss. i bet, like Hyperion, the other commods would be there to make it harder to find the cusm's.

Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:38 pm
Team: MAD+
Main: Yurble
Level: 1967

Damn, that boss just looks like pure evil

~Lots of love and cookies and blue fur
~Yurbs

Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:02 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
i think Hyperion gives some insight on how to beat this thing. the wreakage in hyperion contains unique commods. this boss lvl will contain at least one of them: crack urqa shield matrix. we will be required to mine the belt to find this commod and use it to defeat the boss. i bet, like Hyperion, the other commods would be there to make it harder to find the cusm's.

im guessing they would use HUGE NASTY asteroids like the one found in Enigmatic sector that take forever to kill if you don't have good mining dps.

just make them produce auras and the way to beat the critter becomes threefold.. one group runs for the asteroids and starts bashing them in. and a second group gets agro from big boss nass and keeps it from pulverizing the mining group wile a third group fights spawn to keep the mining group safe.

at least thats what it looks like to me. any other cool ideas that might just guess what is running through Cael's brilliant neural pathways? XD

Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:06 pm
Main: Beelz
Level: 1

only problem i see is that there would only be one squad counted in the final kill. are squads getting a beef in numbers they can hold?

Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:40 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

Asmodeaan wrote:
only problem i see is that there would only be one squad counted in the final kill. are squads getting a beef in numbers they can hold?

depends on if it is "kill" based, he could just drop a key to enter. makes a lot more sense to me.

because increasing squad size means you can get tons of people weps 20,sheild20 ect at the same time. so realy it doesn't help anything.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:44 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

id suspect that it would be made that onlz one person can get it at a time, so at to make it harder.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:57 am
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

with this new zone, They will have to increase squads , to 15-20, if its as hard as ceal says it is, Then they will have to do that. Or, you have to be in lyceum(if thats where the warp to the new uz is) To make a Squad of 15-20 to solve the W20 , shileding 20 problem.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:02 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

quite literally

cool gear

Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3931

I hope that the new material will not require huge squads. It is hard enough getting a squad of 5-6 together.

As a related issue SS is a global game, but some time zones have less people in them. If you are in one of them currently is is very difficult to get squads together to do even the current content.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:33 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ivelios
Level: 6452

Russell wrote:
I hope that the new material will not require huge squads. It is hard enough getting a squad of 5-6 together.

As a related issue SS is a global game, but some time zones have less people in them. If you are in one of them currently is is very difficult to get squads together to do even the current content.

When Iq'Bana was first implemented, no one tried doing the boss for 6 months. When UZ was launched it took a year to amass enough firepower for the top teams to be able to kill Emperor. I think Cael is trying to make this zone as hard as the previous uber zones used to be, so don't think we'll be able to get in and do the boss the first week it's released ;)

Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot

English Romantic poet John Keats.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:38 pm
over 9000!

Ivelios wrote:
Russell wrote:

When Iq'Bana was first implemented, no one tried doing the boss for 6 months. When UZ was launched it took a year to amass enough firepower for the top teams to be able to kill Emperor. I think Cael is trying to make this zone as hard as the previous uber zones used to be, so don't think we'll be able to get in and do ANY OF the bosses the first week it's released ;)

cael said there was to be 9 of these nasty ai

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:24 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Ivelios wrote:
Russell wrote:

When Iq'Bana was first implemented, no one tried doing the boss for 6 months. When UZ was launched it took a year to amass enough firepower for the top teams to be able to kill Emperor. I think Cael is trying to make this zone as hard as the previous uber zones used to be, so don't think we'll be able to get in and do the boss the first week it's released ;)

I remember when pants posted a screenie of 20 some people in high end ships getting owned by princess about a few weeks after UZ first came out

now they do princess like its their job

Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:27 am
Profile WWW

Ivelios wrote:
By the way, the secret to avoiding the burst damage is hiding behind the sun, right ;)?

I thought of 5 ways to prevent getting burst damage 5 seconds after i read it.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:14 am
over 9000!

Hokage wrote:
Ivelios wrote:
By the way, the secret to avoiding the burst damage is hiding behind the sun, right ;)?

I thought of 5 ways to prevent getting burst damage 5 seconds after i read it.

so you know how to avoid an ada superlaser on a range, dmg and radar augged ada base? because thats practically what this first boss is

Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:21 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next