Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

Post Pip's Update - 10/7
Hey Guys,

As mentioned earlier I've been putting most of my efforts lately into the external chat client. For those who don't know its a program that people without access to a windows box or who can't be on the game at all times will still be able to chat with their teammates etc in a manner similar to AIM/Yahoo/MSN. I finished cleaning most of the bugs out last night but couldn't test it cause we had issues with test. I will be able to test it tonight and hopefully, if all goes well release it tomorrow or thursday.

The other thing I worked on last night was I made it so the chat input line in the game itself will now scroll with the cursor, so if you type a long line you will still be able to see what you're typing. I haven't been able to test it yet either but it should be in next patch as it is a pretty simple fix.

Jeff has assigned me to Client 2 Lead so that's what I will be putting most of my efforts into in the coming months, hopefully producing results that I can update you guys on. Once I get far enough, I'll be posting a demand for a small number of beta testers to play around with it and give me feedback, that way the client will be polished before it hits the mainstream. More news on this soon :)

Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:55 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Diabolus
Level: 2300

Location: Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Sol, Milky way, Universe, Admins computer
Post Re: Pip's Update - 10/7
pip8786 wrote:
Hey Guys,

As mentioned earlier I've been putting most of my efforts lately into the external chat client. For those who don't know its a program that people without access to a windows box or who can't be on the game at all times will still be able to chat with their teammates etc in a manner similar to AIM/Yahoo/MSN. I finished cleaning most of the bugs out last night but couldn't test it cause we had issues with test. I will be able to test it tonight and hopefully, if all goes well release it tomorrow or thursday.

The other thing I worked on last night was I made it so the chat input line in the game itself will now scroll with the cursor, so if you type a long line you will still be able to see what you're typing. I haven't been able to test it yet either but it should be in next patch as it is a pretty simple fix.

Jeff has assigned me to Client 2 Lead so that's what I will be putting most of my efforts into in the coming months, hopefully producing results that I can update you guys on. Once I get far enough, I'll be posting a demand for a small number of beta testers to play around with it and give me feedback, that way the client will be polished before it hits the mainstream. More news on this soon :)

me! pick me! pleaseee
and way to go pip ^^

~Diabolus

Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:24 am
Main: norrath
Level: 1951

Its always good to hear updates from the dev team. Its also good to hear some smaller things like the chat bar are being tinkered with, just gives it a more finished feeling imo.

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:03 am
Main: Minch
Level: 2357

Awesome job ..

I mean really awesome ..

- Minch

Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:31 pm
Main: Jumpen Jack
Level: 2585

Congrats Pip!!!!!! I can't think of a better man for the job. =D

Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:14 pm
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

Great changes so far pip and hiring betatesters is an awesome idea

Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:18 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

pip8786 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I love you.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:30 pm
Team: MAD+
Main: Yurble
Level: 1967

pip8786 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Id say Moderators get a free spot aye?

Besides that, Awesome updates and uber stuff you add. including both new and old futures that have been reqeusted many times..

Keep up the good work

~Lots of love and cookies and blue fur
~Yurbs

Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:44 pm
Team: Twilight
Main: Sailor Galaxia
Level: 1625

Ceno wrote:
Id say Moderators get a free spot aye?

Surely (read: hopefully) that's a given? :lol:

Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:42 pm
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6687

kick ass! let me know if you need more beta testers. :wink: :D

Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:50 pm

pip8786 wrote:

a demand for a small number of beta testers to play around with it and give me feedback

Me! Pick me when you actually can pick people! PICK MEE! Hehe.

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq21 ... ed1555.png

Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Assassinat3r
Level: 2460

Pure Pipness, Pip!

Awesome is too lowly a word.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:47 pm
Main: MasterComp112
Level: 656

Well, I rarely post now.

BUT, finally adding scrolling lines when your text reaches the end of the text box is godly.

Wonder why it took so long.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:44 pm
Main: Immortal Paladin
Level: 207

I love how people keep screaming pick me. Has that ever worked in gym class?

Great updates. Can't wait to use them.

*Staring at admins for C2 preview*
Everyone join in!

Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:04 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

The input line thing is tested and waiting for patch.

About the beta testers, I will only take about 5 at first of very dedicated ppl who can write well thought out bug reports and feature requests every time i submit a new client. The requirements I'm thinking about is P2P, aged 17 or above, and has shown maturity on the forums as well as activity. This will not happen for a few months so don't get too crazy, but I'll take a list right now if you want to (forum) PM me (more then 1 pm will disqualify :P). That way I can see who's interested and pay attention to how the communicate with others, as well as the type of things they suggest.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:51 pm