Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

Post Re: Weekly Update 10-27
The Voomy One wrote:
Because you wont be seeing any +100% damage overloaders anymore. So if the best ones that blow up only has +50-60% damage we cant have a stable one with +40% damage or more since no one would ever bother using those that blow up then.

Does that mean inbuilt OLs are gonna get nerfed?

Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:11 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Depends on their stats. The best overloaders will be the ones that blow up of course.
I dont know what the stats will be on the best tech 20 non stable overloader yet, if I knew that it would be easier to get was the stats on all the others will be.
Overloader stable 5 is only tech 16 with +40% damage so I expect that one to be nerfed atleast. I also expect Titan overloader to be pretty much cut in half.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:20 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Qu4NtuM wrote:
So slave users are getting screwed over once again cause I bet 100% they will have no clue how to swap exterminators, use overloader crates or anything like that...

All nice stuff, but I'm glad my gunner is almost done.

well, that'll suck for Fcs. Q's slaves, assuming they are hit by more than one typr of parasite will die quite quickly, as slaves cant switch cleaner(just like the solar panel thing cael was going to put in). and it gets worth when you guys figure out that capships are high bank/low regen things...

Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:25 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Actually, many of the stable overloaders have been made slightly more powerful, but also a lot bigger in size, since the alternative to a stable OL is a stack of unstable ones.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:30 am
Profile WWW
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Hmm....I'll save my comment for when I see the actual stats.

I guess the change to aug stacking will leave a little room for better stats on overloaders.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:32 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

The Voomy One wrote:
I guess the change to aug stacking will leave a little room for better stats on overloaders.

That's right.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:30 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Muffasa
Level: 7608

JeffL wrote:
HAL has finished the new code for scooping and deploying drones, where each drone remembers how much shields it has and charges at a fixed rate while in item-form.

if i have 10 drones, deploy 5, let em shoot... take damage.. w/e... then scoop the 5.. will the first ones to be in line for deployment be the "full" ones or the ones that need a break. and does re-deploying a halfassed drone still require full amount of energy ?

JeffL wrote:
He has also added a 10-second window to debris, where only the person who did the most damage to the enemy it came from or people on their team/squad can scoop the debris. After that 10 seconds, the loot is open for anyone, just like before.

make it 30 seconds and extend the privileges to squad

JeffL wrote:
Matty has coded the new overloaders stacking and exploding rather than the weapons code,

think there was an update for critical hits some time ago... that didnt let a player to do too many critical hits over time... is there some sort of protection for overloaders too ? or blowing 100 OL's with 100 shots will be considered just a bad beat ?

Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:53 am
Team: Twilight
Main: Sailor Galaxia
Level: 1625

Blowing 100 overloaders in 100 shots is bad luck, yes. :p

Also scooping is already extended to squads, it says that in your quote even ;)

Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:05 am

blah... thats what you get with too much information in foreign language...
still... 10 seconds is not enough ...

and if you ain't gonna add protection for "overloaders blowing up too often", remove the "control for doin too many criticals"

Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:23 am
Team: Twilight
Main: Sailor Galaxia
Level: 1625

Scoring too many critical hits over a certain amount of time is a balancing issue. I'm not sure if there is a control over it, but if there is, it's so we have a better control over what maximum crit damage over time will be.

Overloaders don't have the same issue in terms of balance that way, we don't need to regulate it, so there won't be a control on it.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:27 am

so player doing too much damage over time is a no-no...
but player losing too many overloaders over time is okay ?

Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:35 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

urjuhh wrote:
JeffL wrote:
HAL has finished the new code for scooping and deploying drones, where each drone remembers how much shields it has and charges at a fixed rate while in item-form.

if i have 10 drones, deploy 5, let em shoot... take damage.. w/e... then scoop the 5.. will the first ones to be in line for deployment be the "full" ones or the ones that need a break. and does re-deploying a halfassed drone still require full amount of energy ?

It will pick the drones with most shields first, and yes, all drones will require the normal energy. The point of this is to make it so scoop-redeploy is not a viable healing strategy. You'll need support of ShM or charge drones.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:39 pm
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

Well it will be a viable strategy if you carry a ton of backup drones with you, but that isn't always an option.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:48 pm
Main: Immortal Paladin
Level: 207

A solution for the slaves and parasites could be slave only exterminators. They attack all types and players can't undock with them equipped.

*Staring at admins for C2 preview*
Everyone join in!

Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:08 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: anubus2112
Level: 3375

JeffL wrote:
Actually, many of the stable overloaders have been made slightly more powerful, but also a lot bigger in size, since the alternative to a stable OL is a stack of unstable ones.

So you will be making the rosmary larger so that people can still use the zebra overloaders? or are the zebra overloaders and UZ/Ubar overloaders being left as is because they are harder to get then the stable overloaders?

I think I need a bigger thatch

Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next