Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

Post Re: Initial Holiday Feedback: 10.28
Caelestis wrote:
Has anyone found an 'Undead Rat Breath' yet?

Teammate has 2, but didn't want to tell me the stats of them :(

Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:42 am
Team: Electric Sheep
Main: Rogue Amoeba
Level: 2591

Same here regarding the drop rates. I spent 2 hours in the highest level of a PS and got a spiritstream and a pumpkin drone.

Back to DG'ing :?

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:23 pm
Main: flo02
Level: 2631

i camped the last lvl of plague space for 2 hours and my little brother did it for 4 hours and all i got was a pumpkin drone and werewolf bites :|

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:36 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

I'm going to keep the drop rates low, but I'm also going to decrease the wait time between rats and increase the number in the higher levels of Plaguespace.

You'll still have to kill a lot of rats to get good drops, but there you will be able more rats in less time increasing your chances of better drops.

The loot table is getting a minor rework too, some of the most valued items are dropping in a lower level of Plaguespace.

Caelestis

Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:14 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: norrath
Level: 1951

while your tweaking things could you please nerf the drop rate of both kinds of rat kittens?

Or does that fall into the "keeping drop rates the same"?

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:26 pm
Main: Assassinat3r
Level: 2460

I was gonna tell you Ing but I dced right after you asked :x ...

And yeah, I got two :) , only spent like 20 mins killing the rats also.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:26 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Caelestis wrote:
I'm going to keep the drop rates low, but I'm also going to decrease the wait time between rats and increase the number in the higher levels of Plaguespace.

You'll still have to kill a lot of rats to get good drops, but there you will be able more rats in less time increasing your chances of better drops.

The loot table is getting a minor rework too, some of the most valued items are dropping in a lower level of Plaguespace.

Caelestis

I think the spawn rate is fine as-is, I usually don't have time to finish off a broodmother in between the aggroed spawns while fighting in the farthest level of plaugespaces so far.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:29 pm
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

Caelestis wrote:

Caelestis

I kill them fairly quickly, about 10 seconds shooting for each rat in perilous plaguespace and it still takes a while before I empty the level. The respawn is fast enough, and they arent aggro to me so im fine.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:07 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Denoan
Level: 2035

MagicSteve wrote:
and they arent aggro to me so im fine.

that's the other thing that should be changed . . . . .
at least in the dangerous/perilous plaguespaces

Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:39 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Zero Gravity
Main: Zotowan Q
Level: 479

The first level of Plaguespace is insane, as to why I will explain.

If memory serves you told us that the first level of Plaguespace was level 20+ material. Emphasize the 'plus'. As it is, if you're level 20, if those rats are hostile, if you leave the safety of the wormhole, you're dead and that's that. I know some level 50-110 folks who would have an incredibly hard time in there. Yes, their setups may suck, but take note that while most of the folks posting here have enough cash for decent augmenters, the newer players do not. I've died there a couple times as well (although I was able to kill a couple rats), but so far everything I've gotten was crap.

The damage those rats deal is somewhat high, but not outrageous for their levels; it's the shields that are somewhat of a problem, and of which lower-leveled people have a harder time dealing with. Taking down the bank a notch could help, or else upping the rate of somewhat decent drops to make them actually worth some GG for. Either that, or remove their ability to swarm on the target - which is probably the most 'broken' of my suggestions, but it would help.

Bottom line is, Plaguespace is NOT level 20-100 material without a good setup, and then some.

Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:08 am
Profile WWW

Correct it isnt SSgamer, but the rat scouts that spawn from cheese are level 20 material. There is a rat for every level.

Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:13 am
Team: Zero Gravity
Main: Zotowan Q
Level: 479

MagicSteve wrote:
Correct it isnt SSgamer, but the rat scouts that spawn from cheese are level 20 material. There is a rat for every level.

Very true.

And I stand corrected, Caelestis said Plaguespace was level 100 material, so forget the level 20 stuff and whatnot - still, it's difficult for those who can't afford some decent augmenters and things.

Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:42 am
Profile WWW
Team: Zephyr
Main: Zaehlas
Level: 2946

Well, the percentages might still need to be looked at. I fought outside the plaguespaces a bit (East Vindia) and got drops off every rat / every other rat for an hour. Nothing to cry home about, but not bad, overall. I did level 2 / 3 of the plaguespaces for 3 hours, and got alot less while killing alot more rats.

Also, no ZRQ augs drop at all in the plaguespaces. The commods also have a much lower droprate (if you're looking to get restless spirit ships, etc.)

Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:36 am

Zaehlas wrote:
Well, the percentages might still need to be looked at. I fought outside the plaguespaces a bit (East Vindia) and got drops off every rat / every other rat for an hour. Nothing to cry home about, but not bad, overall. I did level 2 / 3 of the plaguespaces for 3 hours, and got alot less while killing alot more rats.

Also, no ZRQ augs drop at all in the plaguespaces. The commods also have a much lower droprate (if you're looking to get restless spirit ships, etc.)

Thats cos there is no zombie rat queens in the plaguespaces. They only spawn in vapouris... and I have enough of em now that I could make 500mil from selling them to the ai base.
I think its bad that the low level rats have a high chance of dropping low loot and a very low chance of dropping high loot. But the high rats only ever drop high loot and that is very rarely. I wouldnt mind getting a few ghostly magics and caramel apples in between toasters and phantomstreams.
High level rats should have a high chance of low level loot and a moderate chance of high level loot to make them more worthwhile than the low level rats.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:09 pm