Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

Post Re: Semi-weekly update 11-10-08
LichG wrote:
JeffL wrote:
We decided today that we will be adding an extra aug slot to many of the ships since aug slots are less powerful now. Which ones exactly are still to be decided.

I do suggest you do that carefully, because the number of aug slots is the most powerful determining factor on the power of the ship, tech being the next powerful factor.

Well now that inbuilt stats arent multiplied by either augs or by skills now the only thing setting ships apart is the aug slots. That extra 10% dps on a rossy will mean jack squat after augs now.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:36 pm

Yup thats what I said, aug slots are the primary one, and tech being next, because it determines what augs you CAN use.

Augs = Power.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:19 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

IMO, augs play too much of a part in this game.

Augs should be there to improve your efficiency, not shore them up.

The ships should be the ones that go for mutlibillions, not the augs. :roll:

(I am NOT talking about EndGame ships, because those seem to be very, very worthwhile from what i have heard from endgame players.)

Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:58 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

MasterTrader wrote:
IMO, augs play too much of a part in this game.

Augs should be there to improve your efficiency, not shore them up.

The ships should be the ones that go for mutlibillions, not the augs. :roll:

(I am NOT talking about EndGame ships, because those seem to be very, very worthwhile from what i have heard from endgame players.)

if you wants augs out, suggest beefed ship stats....which the admins wont use anyway

Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:16 pm
Main: LoneWolf
Level: 1458

IMO Augs should stack with *some ship stats* IE

Ship stats:

Shield +50% (non stackable)
Shield Recharge +15% (stackable)

But I do believe that both ship and augs should play a major role in making a setup. Customization in SS is a good thing and I wish it was much more.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:39 pm
Main: RocksnMud
Level: 2

id be happy with more hull space...

Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:34 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: GeneralMayhem
Level: 1878

One option could be classify augs and limit the number of augs of each "class" to be loaded. Thus light fighters,frieghters could have a "capacity" only aug slot added while some capitals get a "normal" aug slot.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:44 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: BaRR
Level: 2416

Brightneon wrote:
One option could be classify augs and limit the number of augs of each "class" to be loaded. Thus light fighters,frieghters could have a "capacity" only aug slot added while some capitals get a "normal" aug slot.

I have to disagree. What if I'm happy with my tiny hull on a LF and want to use an aug other than capacity in that slot?

Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:00 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Tank
Level: 3703

Jeff why add gear higher then tech 20? Seriously this sounds bad, i don't see how this isn't a nerf, beefing all the lower tech gear is going to make the higher tech gear less powerful; Just because the stats are the same doesn't mean it's just as powerful. Were going to be taking alot more damage and giving alot less in comparison. Whats the point of adding a higher tech level of gear? It's just going to be scaled down to that of tech20 gear once everyone gains acess to it. I don't see why you just don't make more gear, seriously the reason things are nerfed is because you keep changing the game structure then going back and make it 'fair' for everyone whenever someone becomes too powerful. Why should i want tech 21 gear after my tech 20 gear is 2nd best? whats the point they'll just make t22 and you'll have to do the same shit all over again. The primary skills should stop at 20. If you want more content fine but keep it inside of the same structure for example.. add new gear(there really arn't many useful items in ss most of it is useless shit), new skills that cost lots of sp but allow for further player diversity, new bosses and ai.

I don't believe what i'm hearing...are you nerfing augs AGAIN? augs are the reason there was any diversity in ss in the first place.. hell its the whole structure from which this game was founded. This game has become steadily more goofy as augs have become less essential i don't see what sort of challenge your trying to give players when they don't need to think out there setup since only a few augs are actually useable anymore not to mention you can just get a re-do any time you mess up. I don't like it when you touch my augs..

Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:17 am
Profile YIM
over 9000!

Tyler_TDA wrote:
Jeff why add gear higher then tech 20? Seriously this sounds bad, i don't see how this isn't a nerf, beefing all the lower tech gear is going to make the higher tech gear less powerful; Just because the stats are the same doesn't mean it's just as powerful. Were going to be taking alot more damage and giving alot less in comparison. Whats the point of adding a higher tech level of gear? It's just going to be scaled down to that of tech20 gear once everyone gains acess to it. I don't see why you just don't make more gear, seriously the reason things are nerfed is because you keep changing the game structure then going back and make it 'fair' for everyone whenever someone becomes too powerful. Why should i want tech 21 gear after my tech 20 gear is 2nd best? whats the point they'll just make t22 and you'll have to do the same shit all over again. The primary skills should stop at 20. If you want more content fine but keep it inside of the same structure for example.. add new gear(there really arn't many useful items in ss most of it is useless shit), new skills that cost lots of sp but allow for further player diversity, new bosses and ai.

I don't believe what i'm hearing...are you nerfing augs AGAIN? augs are the reason there was any diversity in ss in the first place.. hell its the whole structure from which this game was founded. This game has become steadily more goofy as augs have become less essential i don't see what sort of challenge your trying to give players when they don't need to think out there setup since only a few augs are actually useable anymore not to mention you can just get a re-do any time you mess up. I don't like it when you touch my augs..

the reason for T21/22 gear is taht Titan gear is T20, Merc/Venu gear is T20, urqa/uz gear is T20.

Titan is T20 in their mind, merc/venu si T21, uz/urqa is T22. and they have other stuff planned for T21/22 that need extra content to fill.

it's like having no reason for p20 if teh izer is the only T20 ship in game

Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:57 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Muffasa
Level: 7608

would make more sense if merc/uz gear would stay t20... possibly venu too...
and make titan gear t19

or venu to t19 and titan to t18

Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:26 am
over 9000!

urjuhh wrote:
and make titan gear t19

and then we'll see dockable BG slaves, limpa if titan gear was T18

Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:40 am
Main: Muffasa
Level: 7608

theres always the option of putting a piece of extra gear on ai ship to prevent capping it...
like item...

"Adum's Bird"
tech 30
size 1

Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:59 am
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7799

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
urjuhh wrote:
and make titan gear t19

Gear tech doesn't determine dockability. You wouldn't be able to dock them cause they stay wild, just like slumbers, rosies and everything else for that matter.

I have reasons for why I do things.

Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:26 am
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

Qu4NtuM wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
urjuhh wrote:
and make titan gear t19

Gear tech doesn't determine dockability. You wouldn't be able to dock them cause they stay wild, just like slumbers, rosies and everything else for that matter.

By your logic Churchill what skill is it that is preventing us from docking Big Greens? We dont have engi... oh wait we do have engines 20... The ship itself would still be tech20 or whatever it currently is, RC only goes to 18... I am struggling to see how you conjured the idea of dockable BGs because of titan gear.

Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:16 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next