Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

Post Hal's November Update
The following features have been finished and should be available sometime within the next week or two on the test server:

- Changes to augmenter math
- Changes to Drone skills
- Drone Controllers
- Drones remember their shields
- Loot limited to the killer for 10 seconds
- Fixed a number of bugs
- Stasis ships will get carried over on universe reset
- Some code optimizations that should improve the speed of the server a bit

There's a bunch of other stuff too, note that changes aren't final and a lot of the actual item balancing hasn't been done yet. I'm not sure if we will be doing all the item balancing before putting this on the test server or not.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:08 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ivelios
Level: 6452

Post Re: Hal's November Update
Repent sinners, for the day of reckoning is upon us.

Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot

English Romantic poet John Keats.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:19 pm
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

Even if it means delaying it I would make sure the item rebalancing has been done on the test server. There is already alot of people moaning, how are people going to test things out when they cant fit their weapons in their shrunken ships?

Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:04 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

MagicSteve wrote:
Even if it means delaying it I would make sure the item rebalancing has been done on the test server. There is already alot of people moaning, how are people going to test things out when they cant fit their weapons in their shrunken ships?

I knew there was going to be a misunderstanding about this when he posted. I tried to fix it up but apparently ppl dont read thoroughly.

He is saying that this code in particular is going to go on test possibly before the item rebalance. The item rebalance will go on test before it goes on live regardless. It just may be after this stuff is pushed on test. You will have time to test things before everything goes live.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:16 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

pip8786 wrote:
MagicSteve wrote:

I knew there was going to be a misunderstanding about this when he posted. I tried to fix it up but apparently ppl dont read thoroughly.

He is saying that this code in particular is going to go on test possibly before the item rebalance. The item rebalance will go on test before it goes on live regardless. It just may be after this stuff is pushed on test. You will have time to test things before everything goes live.

what he may have meant is that the universe is delayed until the rebalanced stuff is finished and its had some time to sit on test and be experimented with and debugged a little.. nobody likes RBs or crashes..and iv certainly lost plenty of galaxys due to this in the past. lets be careful and use caution and not have a repeat of this last reset or previous ones. :wink:

Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:44 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Denoan
Level: 2035

Query: How will drone ops augs effect the proposed aura drones?

another Query: Will the +shield bonuses from the protection drones stack with additional drones?

Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:57 pm
Profile YIM
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

pip8786 wrote:
MagicSteve wrote:

I meant dont update test until the whole package is ready to test. How can an unfinished package be tested and you would just be hit by loads of complaints and suggestions about the things already on your to-do list.
I know that the whole thing will be on test at some point before going live, but it is my opinion that test shouldnt be changed at all until the full package is there.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:53 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3931

Well Said Saran

However all the indications are that thew development team are taking a much more professional attitude than in the past. I dont think they will be rushed into premature implementation.

I am optimistic :)

Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:54 pm
Profile YIM
Main: Immortal Paladin
Level: 207

MagicSteve wrote:
pip8786 wrote:
MagicSteve wrote:

I meant dont update test until the whole package is ready to test. How can an unfinished package be tested and you would just be hit by loads of complaints and suggestions about the things already on your to-do list.
I know that the whole thing will be on test at some point before going live, but it is my opinion that test shouldnt be changed at all until the full package is there.

By implementing in stages, they can see what is still broken, what needs beefs, and what not.

*Staring at admins for C2 preview*
Everyone join in!

Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:23 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

We use test for internal testing too, since our testers dont have access to the code we put it up there for them to play with. No one ever goes on test unless we tell them to so it won't be much of an issue im sure.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:46 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

HAL wrote:
The following features have been finished and should be available sometime within the next week or two on the test server:

- Changes to augmenter math
Im glad, this will make the game SO much more balanced and easier to make things
- Changes to Drone skills
- Drone Controllers
- Drones remember their shields
- Loot limited to the killer for 10 seconds
cool gear
- Fixed a number of bugs
woot I guess?
- Stasis ships will get carried over on universe reset
very needed- Some code optimizations that should improve the speed of the server a bit

There's a bunch of other stuff too, note that changes aren't final and a lot of the actual item balancing hasn't been done yet. I'm not sure if we will be doing all the item balancing before putting this on the test server or not.

Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Press Corps
Main: DragonGod (Slaver)
Level: 4233

Ivelios wrote:
Repent sinners, for the day of reckoning is upon us.

Alas must we all suffer for the sins of a few.

Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:34 pm
Dev Team

Extremely minor fix that is up coming that goes along with Hal changes and fixes.

Expired drones/unscoopable in Arena galaxies are put back into the owner's ship if they are still in the galaxy. This will make it less expensive people who use drones in pvp tests in these special galaxies.

Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Main: norrath
Level: 1951

JonC wrote:
Extremely minor fix that is up coming that goes along with Hal changes and fixes.

Expired drones/unscoopable in Arena galaxies are put back into the owner's ship if they are still in the galaxy. This will make it less expensive people who use drones in pvp tests in these special galaxies.

YAY! :lol:

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:35 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

any way to make fighters/missiles return to the hull, too?

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:34 pm