Post Re: Update on the rebalancing
MagicSteve wrote:
The no tracking is a good thing, do you realise how broken a point defense with rad control is at low levels? My alt is a zerker in an Artemis+ Hotrod with 3 point defenses at level 250 and rad control 25. He takes out gammas in a few seconds without getting shot, and I could probably do the same to Big Greens if I had warp3 on him.

At his lvl he can shoot 5 PDs with maxed Rad control - if you choose his skill wisely.
On a Hotrod he can easily take out BGs (~ 50sec, Forgones ~2min+, Icepicks 2 - 3 min (icepicks only if they're not regen, resist, .. augged).
btw the usual SBG takes ~ 27 sec.
If you do it right he will not die - with the exceptions of Vultures and stuff like Grim (sometimes if you just jump into a gal and get ambushed you may be doomed ofc).

It is indeed a very strong setup for low lvls utilizing rad control and low rad. resists fully and gaining possiblity through the elec wise free dps from rad cont..
But you also should take into account the shortcomes of the whole PD & Rad. cont. approach.

All in all it's a funny and neat concept with a very limited use and therefor the importance of that pretty much doubtable.

If you want to consider changing the Lagrange Damage Control skills, same true for the Zen skils, as a whole that is ofc a different story.
The impact of dam control in setups like excoms on SDs is considerable.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:56 pm

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
if you notice correctly, i clicked the wrong "quote" button. now if you put my post after a quote if yu quoted the post that vill has, you'll see mine fits better, but obviously you are just as an idiot as me, for not noticing people make mistakes.

at least there are people who call me idiot who are not idiots, like stooch.

no i just simply don't like you, and it doesn't matter you clicked the wrong quote button, you're still retarded.

I really liked the idea of an FgatIII or point defenses when I was a lower level, with the control skills. became too tedious though for the mediocre results I was gettin.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:26 pm
Team: Terran Empire
Main: Fool
Level: 3024

I went poking around test again- Is the new formula for lasers supposed to result in + lasers being bigger size than the normal versions? An example, the Jade Ion laser is 115, but the Jade Ion + is 145.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:34 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

I'm interested in what is going to happen monks when the aug change comes in, as ShMs need to aug for shields and regen and the trans and efficienty powers. Which means most monks use 2 masteries and another aug (either PtE for extra regen, another mastery or ares+) if they dont multiply we'll have much less bank, we'll take more dmg when we heal, we'll have less shields, we'll heal less. I hope monks are not overlooked or screwed in the process of this. We are already underpowered when it comes to most of the other classes and we have been overlooked a great deal on class specific gear.

I was also wondering if anything was being done about making charge drones usable by ShMs, i mentioned it to pip and he seemed to like it.

Could we get more class specific gear? shields, a decent OL (GVMO is only a tiny bit better than OS5 and does less DPS than OS6 and it's like 2-3x more, and a lot more if u do missions)

Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:50 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

thebattler35 wrote:
I'm interested in what is going to happen monks when the aug change comes in, as ShMs need to aug for shields and regen and the trans and efficienty powers. Which means most monks use 2 masteries and another aug (either PtE for extra regen, another mastery or ares+) if they dont multiply we'll have much less bank, we'll take more dmg when we heal, we'll have less shields, we'll heal less. I hope monks are not overlooked or screwed in the process of this. We are already underpowered when it comes to most of the other classes and we have been overlooked a great deal on class specific gear.

I was also wondering if anything was being done about making charge drones usable by ShMs, i mentioned it to pip and he seemed to like it.

Could we get more class specific gear? shields, a decent OL (GVMO is only a tiny bit better than OS5 and does less DPS than OS6 and it's like 2-3x more, and a lot more if u do missions)

I'm sorry, but while I agree with the aug stacking problem, you have nothing to complain about gear-wise. You have a huge choice in weapons and other stuff, we Gunners (at least the ones in cap ships) can either use a T13 laser, T16 laser, or T18 laser that are all from the same weaponry line.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Or you can rethink what you're doing completely instead of being a stubborn whiny asshole

Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:01 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

yugioh124 wrote:
thebattler35 wrote:

I'm sorry, but while I agree with the aug stacking problem, you have nothing to complain about gear-wise. You have a huge choice in weapons and other stuff, we Gunners (at least the ones in cap ships) can either use a T13 laser, T16 laser, or T18 laser that are all from the same weaponry line.

huge choice sorry? we have 2-3 weapons and a few aura gens like every other class.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:54 pm
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

thebattler35 wrote:
yugioh124 wrote:
thebattler35 wrote:

huge choice sorry? we have 2-3 weapons and a few aura gens like every other class.

You have 4 healing weapons just out of the Uber Zone (incidentally, Venu and Merc trans ftw) and aura gens. Gunners have 1 capital ship weapon and no aura gens.
To FlyTed, "stop being a stubborn whiney asshole" the only reason to use capital ships is the 60% mining damage bonus, if we werent to use capital lasers the next best thing would be excomms, and I defy anyone to aim excomms reliably against AI from a dreadnought.
But, that said, can we all stop bitching until we actually see something changed. Making guesses and suppositions when you havent even seen anything, never mind something half finished, is just pointless.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:01 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

Sounds great, if you look at it, it is actually a LOT harder to level level 20-100 than it is to level from 300-900(i tried it out on a teammates char, so dont accuse me of knowing nothing), so making it a bit easier wont be a bad thing.

Only thing to complain about, is the advertisement :P
I really dont like how the text just appears, it would be much better/more refined if it did something cool, specifically, make it fade in, WHILE getting bigger....y'know what i mean? yeah, that. Other than that, no complaints.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:26 am