Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

Post Re: Update on the rebalancing
Demiser of D wrote:
Im just wondering, will the PD REALLY be size 85? 'cause if it is, it will NEVER be used again. seriously. Well, maybe not never, but only for kicks and giggles, not serious use. Sorta like the faranji side blast.

its normaly an ai weapon. the only other people who use it are people who are using radx or f2p. and since everything is being rebalanced im sure that ship hull will be balanced proportionatly so that we have enough hull for things like base gear on freightors,sheilds,energy,weps space for loot and maybe a bit extra space for shits and giggles..

i see this as a HUGE fix, everything is being balanced accordingly and everyone is getting their class fixed so it wont be too overpowering, wont be underpowered.

Big Plus. thanks for the update Jeff, i was getting tired of screaming at noobs who are in a state of panic over a partially done rebalance with nothing solid or finished to base their opinions on as of yet. :lol:

carry on! Jeff's cookie Jar +1 cookie

Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:51 am
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

Thank you very much for the update, we love hearing progress reports!

Also like hearing numbers and formulas :D

Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:45 pm
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

saran wrote:
Demiser of D wrote:
Im just wondering, will the PD REALLY be size 85? 'cause if it is, it will NEVER be used again. seriously. Well, maybe not never, but only for kicks and giggles, not serious use. Sorta like the faranji side blast.

its normaly an ai weapon. the only other people who use it are people who are using radx or f2p

It got hit by the all powerful balance sheets.

Fast RoF
Good Tracking
Long Range
Ethereal

All that adds up to, huge size. Mini Kaspers will be uncappable if this is kept that size lol.

Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:03 pm
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

MagicSteve wrote:
saran wrote:
Demiser of D wrote:

its normaly an ai weapon. the only other people who use it are people who are using radx or f2p

It got hit by the all powerful balance sheets.

Fast RoF
Good Tracking
Long Range
Ethereal

All that adds up to, huge size. Mini Kaspers will be uncappable if this is kept that size lol.

NOOOOOOO! THE HORROr! i hope they get a cap increase on the ship.

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:17 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

It's not on test yet, but I've changed the size class of the PD to "nano" so it's now size 8 or something. I also added a bunch of higher tech PD lasers to drop as DG loot and BP's that will combine them into a line of gatling lasers that are similar but shoot out the front only and do a lot more damage.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:18 am
Profile WWW
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7816

What I find funny is that primal panther fangs, weaponry with a considerable build cost, have been made useless. I sure hope the current 5 size vs the whopping 375dmg/4sec is just a script gone wrong and the stats are not final

I have reasons for why I do things.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:02 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

JeffL wrote:
It's not on test yet, but I've changed the size class of the PD to "nano" so it's now size 8 or something. I also added a bunch of higher tech PD lasers to drop as DG loot and BP's that will combine them into a line of gatling lasers that are similar but shoot out the front only and do a lot more damage.

Please consider giving them tracking.

Because how is it Point Defense if you cant shoot something down with it...

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:25 am
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

JeffL wrote:

The no tracking is a good thing, do you realise how broken a point defense with rad control is at low levels? My alt is a zerker in an Artemis+ Hotrod with 3 point defenses at level 250 and rad control 25. He takes out gammas in a few seconds without getting shot, and I could probably do the same to Big Greens if I had warp3 on him.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:55 am
Main: norrath
Level: 1951

MagicSteve wrote:
JeffL wrote:

The no tracking is a good thing, do you realise how broken a point defense with rad control is at low levels? My alt is a zerker in an Artemis+ Hotrod with 3 point defenses at level 250 and rad control 25. He takes out gammas in a few seconds without getting shot, and I could probably do the same to Big Greens if I had warp3 on him.

First, anything with a PD involved should be extramely fast RoF, low damage, and atleast moderate tracking depending on RoF and damage.

Second, updates ftw. Whether you hate writing them or not your loyal SS addicts get off on them.

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:04 pm
Main: Immortal Paladin
Level: 207

Heh, I have found a couple goodies concerning weapons I use. And suffice to say, I'm getting pumped for the rebalance.

*Staring at admins for C2 preview*
Everyone join in!

Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:34 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

MagicSteve wrote:
JeffL wrote:

yeah, no tracking means they become an ethereal Fgat that you build

Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:14 pm

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
MagicSteve wrote:
JeffL wrote:

yeah, no tracking means they become an ethereal Fgat that you build

I am really at a loss with what you're trying to accomplish... i don't see how that went along with the discussion in any way other than to make yourself look like a jackass...

I don't think subtracting tracking will do anything, if you're adding damage. just means you have to press A or D while holding space... especially with mas damage.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:53 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

if you notice correctly, i clicked the wrong "quote" button. now if you put my post after a quote if yu quoted the post that vill has, you'll see mine fits better, but obviously you are just as an idiot as me, for not noticing people make mistakes.

at least there are people who call me idiot who are not idiots, like stooch.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:37 pm
Main: Immortal Paladin
Level: 207

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
if you notice correctly, i clicked the wrong "quote" button. now if you put my post after a quote if yu quoted the post that vill has, you'll see mine fits better, but obviously you are just as an idiot as me, for not noticing people make mistakes.

at least there are people who call me idiot who are not idiots, like stooch.

So if we just assume every post you make was quite possibly a mistake, it should make you look smarter.

You shouldn't just assume that people will know that you clicked the quote button willy nilly and didn't bother to check the quote.

*Staring at admins for C2 preview*
Everyone join in!

Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:51 pm
Main: Jagur4
Level: 1458

Update heavily appreciated, and another kudos for the overhaul.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:49 pm