Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Post Re: HAL's January Update
Quote:
I am concerned about the fate of fighters and missiles, I'm still not sure what to do about them, perhaps they should be immune to secondary fire (along with escape pods) because they are so small.

Imo this would be a good idea. It wont take many fights before you have lost all your fighters if they will be hit by secondary fire.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:25 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
I am concerned about the fate of fighters and missiles, I'm still not sure what to do about them, perhaps they should be immune to secondary fire (along with escape pods) because they are so small.

Imo this would be a good idea. It wont take many fights before you have lost all your fighters if they will be hit by secondary fire.

We decided during the dev meeting yesterday to speed up missiles and make them inherit ship velocity to make it easy to shoot them at an angle so they will avoid shots.

Jey himself said it was not necessary to make secondary fighters miss shots since fighters are suppose to be disposable. He's arranging that by making the smaller in size so you can carry more. Since Jey is one of the heaviest fighter users in the game, i think we can trust him on this issue.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:09 am
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

pip8786 wrote:
The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:

We decided during the dev meeting yesterday to speed up missiles and make them inherit ship velocity to make it easy to shoot them at an angle so they will avoid shots.

Jey himself said it was not necessary to make secondary fighters miss shots since fighters are suppose to be disposable. He's arranging that by making the smaller in size so you can carry more. Since Jey is one of the heaviest fighter users in the game, i think we can trust him on this issue.

Missiles inherit ship velocity so I can fire them at an angle? I really hope you have improved the missiles aiming system, because if the missile is not fired head on to my enemy then it misses.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:18 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

MagicSteve wrote:
Missiles inherit ship velocity so I can fire them at an angle? I really hope you have improved the missiles aiming system, because if the missile is not fired head on to my enemy then it misses.

Jon is going to take a look into make them viable in the new system. He will update you this week on his progress.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:23 am
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

pip8786 wrote:
MagicSteve wrote:

Jon is going to take a look into make them viable in the new system. He will update you this week on his progress.

shiny :D

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:46 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3931

Russell wrote:
HAL it is obvious that you are going to implement these changes. I only hope u get the balance right :)

New question: I have nearly 500k of "FunkY Furniture" produced by the Iquea Workshop (which is built from a bp). The furniture takes 2 bobs and some cash so 500k is worth about 1b in commod prices alone. It was promised to be implemented as a colony commod but was later defered by Jeff. My question is: Is there any plan to make the items usable?

Currently you cannot even sell them.
I did hear a rumour that they were to be used in the new terraforming projects to be implemented this reset?

Another Hostile fire Query

Will hostile fire (aimed at a hostile target in pvp range but impacting on another hostile ) comply with the pvp conditions.

or if you are not in pvp range are u non hostile.

Another query/suggestion

With all these new options for PvB are bases going to have their AI modified to cope with them or have a manual override got targetting.

And the old chestnut with the changes in size and weight of gear will bases finally get tractoring and scooping ability?

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:43 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

pip8786 wrote:

I hope this is enough. AI tend to always do their best to run straight at you while firing, so their projectiles will pretty much always be pointed at your missiles anyway. It's not as though a capship can get around behind them or on an angle to fire missiles. Also, there is the pvp issue. A solid wall of excomm bullets from a zerker will still render missiles and fighters useless. Please don't take this as a complaint. I'm just putting my two cents in since I probably use missiles as much as anybody.

And don't take Jey's word for anything! He is so uber that no matter what you do to capships he will find a way to break them. Have mercy on us poor players who can only hope to achieve some level of barely respectable mediocrity in his shadow!

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:05 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Russell wrote:
Russell wrote:
HAL it is obvious that you are going to implement these changes. I only hope u get the balance right :)

New question: I have nearly 500k of "FunkY Furniture" produced by the Iquea Workshop (which is built from a bp). The furniture takes 2 bobs and some cash so 500k is worth about 1b in commod prices alone. It was promised to be implemented as a colony commod but was later defered by Jeff. My question is: Is there any plan to make the items usable?

Currently you cannot even sell them.
I did hear a rumour that they were to be used in the new terraforming projects to be implemented this reset?

Another Hostile fire Query

Will hostile fire (aimed at a hostile target in pvp range but impacting on another hostile ) comply with the pvp conditions.

or if you are not in pvp range are u non hostile.

Another query/suggestion

With all these new options for PvB are bases going to have their AI modified to cope with them or have a manual override got targetting.

And the old chestnut with the changes in size and weight of gear will bases finally get tractoring and scooping ability?

PVP is taken into account (that was stated earlier in this thread, i remember that).

Base AI has already been changed to cope with these changes.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:18 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Yeah base AI is pretty good.
Well my achilles bases raped a whole galaxy by itself, so i assume it is.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:55 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3931

That proves absolutely nothing.

These things need to be TESTED properly.

Sorry but changing some script and hoping for the best is not testing.

I believed Jeff then he said nothing is going live until it has been throughly tested.

I see check lists of things being completed that even a cursory glance can detect mistakes in.

I do hope that Jeff has some regard for his credibility and reputation, its on the line.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:22 pm
Profile YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11