Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

Post Pip's January Update
I've been mostly working in the background on maintaining the site and billing/marketing stuff lately.

Here is what I have planned for the next patch, and I'll update as things get done:

- Multiple Constructions (Done):
This is where you double click on a BP, it asks you for a quantity, and it will build that many, giving you a discount on large orders. The downside to the discount is that they will all finish at the same time (you have to wait till all of them are finished before you get them). For things like expanders and such though, the fact that you have to wait a bit longer before you get 1 won't matter much since you're saving creds and metals and your hands :).
Update: .9^log(X) * X is the total price for X quantity
Credits: Pip+HAL

- Extractor Limits (Done):
You can add an extract limit to the Add Trade Good screen, and the item will only be extracted or produced to that number. See post in thread for details.
Credits: Pip+SAL

- Docking Permissions (Done):
Three permission categories: Docking, Construction, Management.
+Docking: allows to dock (anyone, peon, soldier, etc, me (as in the owner))
+Construction: allows transfer of money TO base, setting description, transfer of UNEQUIPPED items to and from base, starting and pausing constructions. (peon, soldier, etc, me (as in the owner))
+Management: allows everything but changing of permissions and team ownership (peon, soldier, etc, me (as in the owner))
+Owner can change permissions and team ownership. Base has to be teamed for docking by team if docking is set to peon or higher.
Note: Characters of the same account and team will be able to control bases like the owner.

- Base Transfer Options (Done):
Have the same options for transfers that ships have currently.

Bonus if I have time:
- /showcrit
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28594
- /sethome and /ap Home
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28641
- Slave Mining Limits
Both on base and on slave itself.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:47 pm
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

Post Re: Pip's January Update
yay.... lol
Can you also add Space blue betas, alphas, gammas, monochrome tints, goldenboy statues, bars, etc to ai base trade so that we can sell them for 1 credit each?
(helps with capping)

Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:10 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

kunta wrote:
yay.... lol
Can you also add Space blue betas, alphas, gammas, monochrome tints, goldenboy statues, bars, etc to ai base trade so that we can sell them for 1 credit each?
(helps with capping)

Not the same type of stuff, so no :P And this isn't do a ton of stuff that ppl want done list. Its pretty much fixed.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:11 pm
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

aww ok, but it seems easy
Nice updates pip, when will they be put in? now? i hear the server was down (i am at school)

Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:37 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

kunta wrote:
aww ok, but it seems easy
Nice updates pip, when will they be put in? now? i hear the server was down (i am at school)

Did you actually read what I wrote? It says that they're not done and that I update on the progress. Also, as everything else, they will be put in with the patch on the reset.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:47 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

pip8786 wrote:
I've been mostly working in the background on maintaining the site and billing/marketing stuff lately.

Here is what I have planned for the next patch, and I'll update as things get done:

This is where you double click on a BP, it asks you for a quantity, and it will build that many, giving you a discount on large orders. The downside to the discount is that they will all finish at the same time (you have to wait till all of them are finished before you get them). For things like expanders and such though, the fact that you have to wait a bit longer before you get 1 won't matter much since you're saving creds and metals and your hands :).

- Extractor Limits:
You right click on a commod in your bases inventory and set the max of that material. The extractors will run until that limit is reached, then only run if the material is goes below the limit again.

- Docking Permissions:
I'm going to add Officer and Councillor docking privileges. This will work the same as the Team privilege works for Operators.

- Base Transfer Options:

Bonus if I have time:
- /showcrit
- /sethome and /ap Home

Love it, but could you possibly add a way to set the max of a commod that slaves will mine and put in a base, as well? For example, my mining base. I use it to make base gear and transdims, but it quickly fills up with other crap. I toss all nuke waste but 100k and all silicon every time I am there, since I really don't need that. Maybe have the slaves still mine it, but it just vanishes when they try to x-fer it to the bases. That way, it will not cause lag to have a crapload of debris floating around, which would be caused if slaves either refused to scoop it or tossed it upon docking. :D

Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:47 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Daggoth
Level: 3912

yugioh124 wrote:
pip8786 wrote:

- Extractor Limits:
You right click on a commod in your bases inventory and set the max of that material. The extractors will run until that limit is reached, then only run if the material is goes below the limit again.

- Docking Permissions:
I'm going to add Officer and Councillor docking privileges. This will work the same as the Team privilege works for Operators.

- Base Transfer Options:

Bonus if I have time:
- /showcrit
- /sethome and /ap Home

Love it, but could you possibly add a way to set the max of a commod that slaves will mine and put in a base, as well? For example, my mining base. I use it to make base gear and transdims, but it quickly fills up with other crap. I toss all nuke waste but 100k and all silicon every time I am there, since I really don't need that. Maybe have the slaves still mine it, but it just vanishes when they try to x-fer it to the bases. That way, it will not cause lag to have a crapload of debris floating around, which would be caused if slaves either refused to scoop it or tossed it upon docking. :D

Good Idea.

I love these updates/updates in progress, these will all be super beneficial.

I look forward to them coming out.

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:57 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

yugioh124 wrote:

I will try to look at it.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:03 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

All looks good pip, Except the fact, when is the next patch, Next uni?

Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:35 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Next patch = next uni

Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:58 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: WillyWonka
Level: 2437

Awesome stuff man! You rock my.. never mind :D

First account :)
Swingarm shocks the world

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:23 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: XTech
Level: 2544

Awesome stuff Pip! Can't wait till next uni comes in, sounds like its going to be very different!

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:49 pm
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

yugioh124 wrote:
pip8786 wrote:

- Extractor Limits:

- Docking Permissions:

- Base Transfer Options:

Bonus if I have time:
- /showcrit
- /sethome and /ap Home

Related to this, can you make mining slaves fill their inventory before they deposit it? Its annoying seeing my slave with a capital core fire 1 shot then spend about 10 seconds scooping and depositing. He should fire at every asteroid he can until his hull is full. It would really raise slave efficiency and make it worthwhile to not use an armada of low tech slaves.
Just a thought.
Awesome work. Your updates never affect me much so I dont feel the need to whine and bitch at you :P

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:06 pm
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

MagicSteve wrote:
Related to this, can you make mining slaves fill their inventory before they deposit it? Its annoying seeing my slave with a capital core fire 1 shot then spend about 10 seconds scooping and depositing. He should fire at every asteroid he can until his hull is full. It would really raise slave efficiency and make it worthwhile to not use an armada of low tech slaves.
Just a thought.
Awesome work. Your updates never affect me much so I dont feel the need to whine and bitch at you :P

but then ferm slaves would let all their ferm decay....

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:44 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

then let you set a set value for goods say "Scoop 100 metals before dumping"

Or "100 Materials"

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:22 pm