Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

Post Re: Pip's January Update
http://www.starsonata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30276

Do you like any of the idea's expressed in this topic?
(making base augs (OR EVEN SHIP AUGS) 0 size when equipped?

Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:47 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

kunta wrote:
http://www.starsonata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30276

Do you like any of the idea's expressed in this topic?
(making base augs (OR EVEN SHIP AUGS) 0 size when equipped?

That's not something I can decide about.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:55 pm

pip8786 wrote:
MarketForces wrote:
Pip... please, please, please, PLEASE add a colony tic timer to bases while you are doing these other mods.
PLEASE?

Market

What's the usefulness behind knowing the tic time?

Adding a bunch of prom just before the colo ticks over, meaning maximized profits and less micro-management. And thats enough to make this usefull in itself IMO.

- DW

Thats because we want everyone to quit, so we have no customers and will starve!

Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:52 pm

This looks great and very useful, however I still don't see an "account only" option there, very much needed IMO.

- DW

Thats because we want everyone to quit, so we have no customers and will starve!

Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:56 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Death-Warrant wrote:

This looks great and very useful, however I still don't see an "account only" option there, very much needed IMO.

- DW

By account only you mean all the chars on your account? I think thats what SAL had planned. I'll ask him if thats how he ended up doing.

About the colo tick, that sounds like you just want to abuse the system, so i'd say no.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:23 pm

pip8786 wrote:
By account only you mean all the chars on your account? I think thats what SAL had planned. I'll ask him if thats how he ended up doing.

About the colo tick, that sounds like you just want to abuse the system, so i'd say no.

Yes I do mean granting access to a base for all characters on an account.

I hardly consider wanting to make a profit off ones colony "abuse". Knowing the tick cycle simply gives more of a chance to make something from your colo, after all people do exactly what I said right now. The difference being now you have to sit around for up to two hours waiting to figure out when a colo ticks and then again every time the server crashes, patches etc. The server tracks the cycle anyway, it can't be that difficult to display this on the base itself.

- DW

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:41 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Death-Warrant wrote:
Yes I do mean granting access to a base for all characters on an account.
- DW

This has been done. We didn't add an "account" setting, just the characters on that same account and team (to prevent abuse, like avoiding blockades during war) will be able to dock and control your base the same way you would.

Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:15 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Valtyda
Level: 7107

Death-Warrant wrote:

- DW

There's no 'officer' option in that menu...

~Valtuda

Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:42 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Valtuda wrote:

There's no 'officer' option in that menu...

~Valtuda

pip8786 wrote:
gunner2476 wrote:
Pip this is a great idea overall. It should work for all involved and save us from many problems that have occured. But I did happen to notice that Officer was not listed. Was this an oversight or intentional??

Oversight. We caught it a bit later and fixed it. As I said in that post, things are subject to change :P

Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:45 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

Players often have accounts on other teams pip, would be useful if they could still actually access the base. And there isnt really anyway to blockade anymore, since chokepoints are almost literally non-existant.

Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:12 pm

thebattler35 wrote:
Players often have accounts on other teams pip, would be useful if they could still actually access the base. And there isnt really anyway to blockade anymore, since chokepoints are almost literally non-existant.

Well TBH I'd probably prefer granting access to all alts on an account. However restricting it to alts on the same team seems to me to be an acceptable compromise here, considering there is certainly potential for abuse.

My biggest reason for wanting this is to do with operator status been given to people who have yet to prove themselves trustworthy. People who build across all their alts and therefore require access to a base owned, say by their SD main, but managed by their support / engineer alt with the necessary gear hauling capability.

- DW

Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:58 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

thebattler35 wrote:

That's what was decided, and I agree with it, so we won't be changing it. Too easy to avoid wars and such if we allow it.

Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:30 pm

pip8786 wrote:
MarketForces wrote:
Pip... please, please, please, PLEASE add a colony tic timer to bases while you are doing these other mods.
PLEASE?

Market

It lets you track sales. It helps you maximize profits. It makes it possible to keep track of it and not have to stay online to watch for a cycle occuring. With all the rb's that have occured there is no way to track a colony cycle. When I started them I knew when the cycles were. Now I don't.
A timer will make rb's immaterial as far as colony cycles go.

Market

Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:39 pm

pip8786 wrote:
MarketForces wrote:
PLEASE?

Market

Would make the balance between supply & demand (--> transportation capacity, storage space , price finding) more comfortable.

Main issue here is the long time between ticks - 2h - when you're trying to balance stuff out.

Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:42 am
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

y'know what would really be pretty cool, is an addition to the chat client that shows a wiide variety of info on your bases, within limits. So you can be working, and you can watch your colonies timers, and you bases credits, etc. However, it shouldn't show if you're under attack, and if you want to make it a bit more balanced, make nothing but credits in bases update except for when a colony tick goes bye...

not exactly a necessary addition, but it would be cool if, say on vista, you could put a thingy on the right with some info...

EDIT: as shown

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:19 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next