Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Colony Tick Display with Prom Limit?
Yes 80%  80%  [ 39 ]
No 20%  20%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 49

Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

Post Colony Tick Timer Display?
Do you guys want a colony tick timer display, if it means that prom sales to the colony will be limitted to 1000 per tick, to prevent abuse?

Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:51 pm
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

Post Re: Colony Tick Timer Display?
everyone wants the timer display but why do they have to be connected with prom being only 1k?

Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:27 pm

What do you mean "abuse"? How the fuck can you say selling stuff to your colony is abuse?
Com'on FFS, a colo timer has been requested by the playerbase numerous times. Using it to time prom sales is only one reason to want it.

You've done some great work over the last while pip, but I think you starting to slip, this is a retarded suggestion.

- DW

Thats because we want everyone to quit, so we have no customers and will starve!

Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:30 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

say 30sec before the tick, You go dump 100k prom on the base and Make 10x the amount you buy it for, that's abuse, and it would happen

Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:18 pm

trevor54 wrote:
say 30sec before the tick, You go dump 100k prom on the base and Make 10x the amount you buy it for, that's abuse, and it would happen

Yes, people do this every single day, I know I did, why is it all of a sudden considered abuse? Prom decays, it only makes sense to put it up for sale to your colo at the right time, adding a colo tick timer isn't gonna suddenly make common sense "abuse". Jesus, am I the only one in this entire fucking game that has functional brain cells or what?

- DW

Thats because we want everyone to quit, so we have no customers and will starve!

Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:27 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Death-Warrant wrote:
trevor54 wrote:

Yes, people do this every single day, I know I did, why is it all of a sudden considered abuse? Prom decays, it only makes sense to put it up for sale to your colo at the right time, adding a colo tick timer isn't gonna suddenly make common sense "abuse". Jesus, am I the only one in this entire fucking game that has functional brain cells or what?

- DW

Yes... cussing and telling people off is the best way to get your way.
The reasoning behind this is exactly what Trevor said, and its what all the admins agreed upon, I was not the one to suggest it. The only one who could override all of us making a decision together would be Jeff, so unless you can convince him that its ok, then thats how it will be. Or you can keep insulting us and not get anything out of it...

Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:32 pm

pip8786 wrote:
The reasoning behind this is exactly what Trevor said, and its what all the admins agreed upon, I was not the one to suggest it. The only one who could override all of us making a decision together would be Jeff, so unless you can convince him that its ok, then thats how it will be. Or you can keep insulting us and not get anything out of it...

Yes and latching on to a single word in an entire paragraph whilst ignoring my points and refusing to clarify how it constituents abuse is supposed to convince me your right and I'm wrong?

- DW

Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:48 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Death-Warrant wrote:
pip8786 wrote:

Yes and latching on to a single word in an entire paragraph whilst ignoring my points and refusing to clarify how it constituents abuse is supposed to convince me your right and I'm wrong?

- DW

Because the tick only happens every 2 hours to simulate a market without killing the server doing it every frame. Its abuse because you shouldn't have a single point where you can unload a ton of materials to sell to the colony, since its suppose to simulate it happening over time.

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:06 pm

pip8786 wrote:
Because the tick only happens every 2 hours to simulate a market without killing the server doing it every frame. Its abuse because you shouldn't have a single point where you can unload a ton of materials to sell to the colony, since its suppose to simulate it happening over time.

If thats the case then why does prom continue to decay?. If it's supposed to simulate a time frame, then prom slated for-sale to a colo, i.e. placed on the trade bay, should not decay should it?
Why should we suffer the loss of perfectly good prom and profits in order to satisfy the illusion of time? And then call it abuse when we attempt to correct the illusion by placing prom there at the right time.

- DW

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:15 pm
Team: Zonura
Main: Takuhi
Level: 966

pip8786 wrote:
Death-Warrant wrote:
pip8786 wrote:

- DW

So surely, if that was the case, the game should simulate the colony gradually buying the prom, which means that it shouldn't have a half-life at all. So in-fact, by having to simulate transactions over time, players are actually losing money due to 2 hours worth of prom decay, as opposed to none (or at least very little).

But that is beside the point. Any normal player should not be given a huge money making advantage, it would disrupt the economy too much. Things like colonies should take a certain amount of skill, and that shouldn't change. So therefore, the timer should go in and selling prom should be limited. And as always, people will find a way around that and they will use a different method to make billions.

Keep up the excellent job pip. It's people like you that make this game grow. :)

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:19 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

I agree with the points made, and thats what i thought as i was typing it. However, an influx of an extra 400mil (per our calculations) per day just from selling prom to colonies seems like a lot of extra cash. Again, if you want this to go in without the prom nerf then you will have to convince Jeff.

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:21 pm

pip8786 wrote:
I agree with the points made, and thats what i thought as i was typing it. However, an influx of an extra 400mil (per our calculations) per day just from selling prom to colonies seems like a lot of extra cash. Again, if you want this to go in without the prom nerf then you will have to convince Jeff.

I'm sorry but who's done these calculations? And what did they base them on? You say an "extra" 400mill per day? As I've already stated here and in the other threat about this, adding prom to your colo base at the right time is common practice, atleast I've done it and know of others who do the same.

It seems to me that perhaps you guys where unaware of this, to me atleast, basic practice until I pointed it out in the other thread. Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything at all in retrospect.

As for convincing Jeff to change his mind, I don't see him here arguing a case for or against it, so until he does looks like your gonna have to suffer us pip :P

- DW

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I don't have a very strong opinion on this. The other devs are worried that adding in the tick timer will bring a lot more cash into the game so suggested this. I didn't realize that some players were already doing this, but I suspect that most aren't.

One of the things that I love about SS is all the different and creative ways there are to make money, so I'm not opposed in principle to timing prom sales, just as long as it doesn't get totally out of hand. That's what I thought the proposed compromise seemed reasonable, but perhaps there are other ideas?

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team

Death-Warrant wrote:
pip8786 wrote:

I'm sorry but who's done these calculations? And what did they base them on? You say an "extra" 400mill per day? As I've already stated here and in the other threat about this, adding prom to your colo base at the right time is common practice, atleast I've done it and know of others who do the same.

It seems to me that perhaps you guys where unaware of this, to me atleast, basic practice until I pointed it out in the other thread. Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything at all in retrospect.

As for convincing Jeff to change his mind, I don't see him here arguing a case for or against it, so until he does looks like your gonna have to suffer us pip :P

- DW

I'm glad you're finally cooling down and not calling us retarded and brainless at least. It gives a lot more credit to your arguments when you don't. You didn't see me insulting you anywhere throughout either thread.

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:50 pm
Team: PrimalDecus
Main: Uth Matar
Level: 2465

Im selling 1.2-1.3k prom per tick to my colos with slaves from my prom mine . Timer sounds liek a good idea but dont make it 1k max it cna buy make it 1.2 ...

FREDOM FOR WING4+ !!! NOW !!! /viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28872&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
The Voomy One :Uth Matar is correct!

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:54 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next