Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

Post Referral System Live
Comment here about the referral system or any bugs.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30567

Thanks,
pip

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:18 pm
Main: Stoooch
Level: 17

Post Re: Referral System Live
A question. I refer someone and he signs up for 6 months. I get 4 points. These 4 points can be redeemed for two 1 month subscriptions. Could I exchange the 4 points for one 3 month subscription?
Basically can the points only be used for a 1 month sub? No matter how many you points you have amassed.

Fuck the Cosine!

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:47 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ivelios
Level: 6452

If I make a second account and buy a sub for it, can I use my other account's referral link to get the points?

Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot

English Romantic poet John Keats.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:01 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

the link appears not to work for me, I clicked it(nothing happened), copied and pasted, and it returns me straight to the forums.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:22 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

trevor54 wrote:
the link appears not to work for me, I clicked it(nothing happened), copied and pasted, and it returns me straight to the forums.

lol, first its not a link, its a URL... its to be pasted elsewhere for others to use. Secondly, it brings you to a registration page, but since your logged into the forums, it will skip it. Try doing it on a diff computer/browser, or logging out of the forums first.

Stooch wrote:
A question. I refer someone and he signs up for 6 months. I get 4 points. These 4 points can be redeemed for two 1 month subscriptions. Could I exchange the 4 points for one 3 month subscription?
Basically can the points only be used for a 1 month sub? No matter how many you points you have amassed.

No. The exchange rate is 2 points for 1 month. That's it.

Ivelios wrote:
If I make a second account and buy a sub for it, can I use my other account's referral link to get the points?

Yes.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:36 pm
Team: Spacing Guild
Main: FracOMac
Level: 3369

Awesome, I just picked up my SS offline fangame again with the intention to complete it this time. I WAS going to put a link in to the to that spiffy welcome page but I like the idea of using this link and getting free subscriptions better :P

Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:32 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Muffasa
Level: 7608

add some counter to it... to see, how many peeps actually have clicked the damn thing :p

Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:43 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

urjuhh wrote:
add some counter to it... to see, how many peeps actually have clicked the damn thing :p

Once I know the system is stable, I'll be adding to it and making it look better, etc. A hit counter might be something I add.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:11 am

You pip, are the best!

Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:22 pm
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

ok so heres my comment

From what i understand:

Someone clicks on my link and it takes them to the account creation page. They create an account and then they play for 5 months as a f2p. When they finally do decide to go p2p, i get 1 point for their 1 month sub.

If i convince a f2p to go p2p who already has an account, there is no way to get points from that.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:53 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

SimonV2 wrote:
ok so heres my comment

From what i understand:

Someone clicks on my link and it takes them to the account creation page. They create an account and then they play for 5 months as a f2p. When they finally do decide to go p2p, i get 1 point for their 1 month sub.

If i convince a f2p to go p2p who already has an account, there is no way to get points from that.

A "mentor" system will be put in place when we have time, which will be where an f2p makes you a mentor, and if they pay for 2 months you will get a spacepoint during the second month.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:10 pm

pip8786 wrote:
SimonV2 wrote:
ok so heres my comment

From what i understand:

A "mentor" system will be put in place when we have time, which will be where an f2p makes you a mentor, and if they pay for 2 months you will get a spacepoint during the second month.

ok, thats what i was curious about.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:42 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Mmm, mentoring sounds like a workaround to buying subs with in-game creds. You pay a few random newbs a few hundred mil each just before they go P2P, they allow you to become their mentors, easy month-long sub. There is nothing outside of SS involved, so it is not against the (current) rules, either.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:18 pm

yugioh124 wrote:
Mmm, mentoring sounds like a workaround to buying subs with in-game creds. You pay a few random newbs a few hundred mil each just before they go P2P, they allow you to become their mentors, easy month-long sub. There is nothing outside of SS involved, so it is not against the (current) rules, either.

nothing wrong with that, it also encourages you to encourage f2p to go p2p no matter what the cost, either way, more subs for SS ^_^

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:11 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

SimonV2 wrote:
yugioh124 wrote:

nothing wrong with that, it also encourages you to encourage f2p to go p2p no matter what the cost, either way, more subs for SS ^_^

Actually, it is quite the contrary. You see, with the old system, a new player would pay the subscription for the old player in exchange for in-game creds, and also pay his own. With this, noone pays for the old player's sub, he gets it for free just because he gave money to a newbie before they went P2P, which they were about to do anyway. Then again, I may just be seeing the worst-case scenario.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:44 pm