Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

Post Dev Update 2 - Your Questions
Hey Guys,

Post up to 2 questions in this thread, and if they haven't been answered before or deemed obvious, I will ask them during the development meeting. I will pick the best 3 questions (in my mind, completely arbitrary) and pose them on monday during our regular meeting time.

Try to keep them simple and easy to read. You have a max of 1 post in this thread... if I see two posts from the same user I will delete them and you will have to wait til next week to ask your questions. Same goes for questions that are already asked, so make sure to read the thread before posting. Things asking about "how long before ..." will most likely not be taken.

Philippe

PS. I will comment in red on your post if I want more clarification. You can then edit your post and let me know.

PPS. I will lock this thread midday Sunday so I have time to look through all the questions and pick. Sunday night is when I'll tell you the picked questions so you can look forward to the answers Monday evening.

PPPS. The questions are....:

• What of the Drone controllers for the drone re-balance?
  • Are there any plans to have a one off mission to remove augs from our ships without destroying them?
  • Will we ever have a return to more complete station log system that record player activity?
  • Will any weapons be changed in the way they function? (Merc Pulse and BB4)
  • Is there any info on the new slave/drone/fighter control for C2 such as how it will function...?
  • What will happen with cap ships?
  • Will we ever get a proper trading and banking system which matches all other successful MMO's?
  • Will combat focus get a small hull bonus for HF/LF or anything for snipers, at least?
  • Will their be a window mode option for this client or client 2 in the near future?
  • After the rebalance, engineers will only be able to use 6 drones no matter what tech they are, so will you take under consideration the fact that each and every damage type is not available at least at tech 20?
  • BeanSidhe's junkyards looked very interesting, from the previews, is anything being done with them despite her absence?
  • Will the Momentum Missile thing be implemented ingame?
  • Will ShM be seeing a boost to combat capabilities?
  • Are there any plans to regulate commodity prices?
  • Secondly, is there going to be any changes to ruins so that we won't be without certain ruin items for universes on end?
  • When c2 is released will c1 still work?
  • What exactly are the calculations for stats in the new system?
  • What is the reasoning behind limiting the total number of drones someone can deploy?
  • Are there any plans to make them more available (eg ada, StM, w4 commods)?
  • Will you be able to simply 'get rid of' ships like release slave, but without it being a slave?

Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:47 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Phoenix Rising(CA)
Level: 2028

Post Re: Dev Update 2 - Your Questions
When and will there be a fix to the economy of SS market any time soon?

Pip - What makes it currently broken? Can you elaborate a little bit?

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:47 am
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

What of the Drone controllers for the drone re-balance; IE. if implemented, what kind of slot will they take (Overloader, Weapon, Custom slot etc.), and what will the build req. be (Mission, 20 Std elec augs for t10 Elec drone controller, 20 Sup Dmg augs for t20 Damage boost controller, Engineer base, Player base BP etc. etc.)?

Pip - Heh, did you do it on purpose to only have 1 '?' in that whole "sentence" so it looks like a single question? Just kidding though... good question.

Yes i did :)

Last edited by biggee531 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:53 am
Main: Turbinia
Level: 3134

Not sure what questions you are looking for, but heres mine.

What options to graphical performance will be available in client 2? Such as shadow, reflections, AA - especially AA (because that is what bothers me most about screenies) and etc. Basically what sort of things can we expect to see graphically besides '3d' in C2 and which of these things will be optional or able to be scaled.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:07 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: Churlish
Level: 3152

As there are going to be many changes to how our existing setups are working, are there any plans to have a one off mission to remove augs from our ships without destroying them?

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:34 am
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

What is set to occur with mercurian gear? I spent alot on some items and I just want to make sure my efforts won't leave me with a mercurian bulwark that is worse than an ai dropped shield

Will bonuses like the mzungu clap's 20% range for example be added to higher teched items ( merciruan gear demented gear) etc?? :)

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:37 am
Main: LoneWolf
Level: 1458

Will we ever have a return to more complete station log system that record player activity such as player buys Giga Yallow for 800m, and it records just as the logs record base credit withdrawal / deposits?

Are there any plans to further expand colonies to have more "basic, eg metal not prom" commodities?

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:52 am
Main: Stoooch
Level: 17

When is client 2 being released?... just kidding.

Jeff has released all the power modifiers for us to view but even now there are clear outliers from that formula. Thoraxes do higher dps than most weapons, are smaller than most weapons, use no elec and are easy to obtain for example. Torpedoes seem to be functioning outside the formula as well.
How will these weapons be absorbed into the rebalance? Will they be normalised or will they continue to be against the norm and ignore the balance sheets? (if you tell me that they are already in the balance sheets already I wont believe you :P)

Okay question 2
Will any weapons be changed in the way they function? Like Merc Pulse and BB4 with huge damage for stupid DPE making them unusable. Is there a plan to make these expensive weapons have decent stats and be usable?

Sorry for the long post, but it is only 2 questions.

Fuck the Cosine!

Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:21 pm
Main: RocksnMud
Level: 2

will light fighters get any hull increase? seeing as the gear going into them are now huge...

thats all i got

Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:37 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7799

Is there any info on the new slave & drone control for C2 such as how it will function, will we have a window to see their status like glue/shields/energy and the overall control options?

With the coming of the new client will you remake the game(C2), web, forum and wiki interfaces to be more attractive, intuitive and under the same style? (someone once hinted something about this, just wanna know y/n)

I have reasons for why I do things.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:33 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

Two questions for Pip to ask at the meeting:

#1 At one point, Jeff_L (or possibly another admin) stated that he would consider adding a 3rd aug slot to capital ships as part of the big rebalance. What are the planned changes for capships at this point?

#2 Hey, Jeff_L, can you grab me another beer?

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:51 pm
Main: BlackDragon
Level: 1875

How will aug resets be dealt with next uni? Seeing as the whole way augs are calculated is being changed will we be compensated?

~BD

Pip - This question was already asked in a similar form.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:06 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

What will happen with cap ships? Will it stay the same, so we lose a crapload of shields since the inbuilt bonuses no longer stack with class skills and/or augs, or will you guys fix it somehow?

Also, you said pulses are getting tracking and mags are getting range. Just curious, what are the IonCannon and the bana 3-shot weapon considered to be, magcannons or pulses? Their speed is determined by your ship speed, like with pulses, but they have tracking like with magcannons.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:27 pm
Team: Zonura
Main: Takuhi
Level: 966

1. In an earlier post this week, Jeff had mentioned that Client 2 will come with an XML file which will allow users to modify the GUI. To what extent can we modify and change the GUI? And more specifically, is it possible to change the positions of individual parts of the GUI or even add whole new parts?

2. Will we ever get a proper trading and banking system which matches all other successful MMO's? Or do we have to keep using such a rudimentary system?

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:53 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

1 - What are the plans for increasing PvP in the game, and when i say PvP i really mean Player Versus Player as in 1 player attacking another player, Piracy.

2 - How will fighters work under client 2, will they be controlled the same as slaves, or when we launch fighters and have no control over them after launch?

Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:49 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next