Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Digdug
Level: 2194

Post Re: Dev Update 3 - Your Questions
got one ? for ya atm

can u make a locked topic here in the dev notes called "test client download"
and stikie it. Then whenever u make a new test client just update the link. that way its more then easy to find.

Pip - the link is always the same and its updated weekly, on mondays. Also has nothing to do with the topic i posted.

and did you ever notice the only thing all your dysfunctional relationships have in common is YOU? hmmm think about that one.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:14 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Xen
Level: 10035

With alot of gear seemingly going up in size, are AI going to be checked/adjusted to ensure they arent overflowing?
(specifcally all the current cappable and radexable AI, for reason of still fitting a PC in them after rebalance)

With the new limitation of only one pest control equipped per base/ship, and new parasites going in, we are expecting new pest controls (fire extinguishers, etc). Are these new pest controls going to be easy to acquire, or require dging for blueprints/etc? Obviously we dont want to get ourselves/bases pwnt starting off the new uni by the first person to pull out a new pest we dont have controls for.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:01 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3931

Two questions:

1/ The new uni will the new uni be bigger and the same shape?

With the new commod distribution bases on DF we need to know where the high DF galaxies are.

2/ If an owned galaxy loses its link to the HQ will it become unowned?

Pip - Once again, the first question asks about the new uni shape. Stop asking about it.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:36 am
Profile YIM
Team: Zephyr
Main: Starbawk
Level: 5389

1. will outposts be put in? this is a very important aspect for special gals that are not attached to normally buildable space. Also semi-related, wh can drop hq/outpost kits?

2. Will the SSphere be adjusted so that it's hull beef places it back at the top? The thatch got so much more hull that 3 80mil ships from an ai base have the same hull as my ~10-20bil sspheres.. disappointing that my return on the investement in 2 in being deminished so much

Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:06 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: Churlish
Level: 3152

Will the "hit anything in it's path" change that's currently in test be in the next uni?

If so can we change the code so we don't kill our own (or any of our own team) slaves/drones accidentally as is currently the case on test, this is esp frustrating in your own gal where every shot may kill a trading slave of some sort.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:18 pm
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

rebalance question:
Will Mercurian Bulwark Shield be worth spending 17b to make it?
Will worthless bps that we get in DGs be added to trade bay for more money than 10k per?

Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:40 pm

Will there be a consumption rate per minutes on energys that use fuel?

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq21 ... ed1555.png

Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

Not sure if this is applicable but:

1) Will we be seeing a proper (i.e. more realistic) physics engine put in? e.g. flying through a nebula without thrusting will reduce your speed by certain amounts depending on the "thickness" of the nebula. This could be made so that nebulas give varying strengths of effects, i.e. resist nebulas may give 1-50% resists depending on strength but the stronger the nebula effect the more deceleration (i.e. backwards thrust) the nebula bestows.

As well as planets having gravitational fields (small invisible pull tractors maybe?) of varying strength for planets, suns and moons.

Would add a new depth to the game, making it a better playing experience imo.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:43 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

Admins replied favorably once to a suggestion that the circling aura indicators be changed, especially the system-wide auras from bases, because of the lag they cause and the fact that they are just ugly. Will this be implemented next uni?

What are the new ownership rules? (Can't believe I had to waste my question on that one; we've been asking to have it reposted ever since the old wiki link got broken).

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:02 am
Team: Oblivion
Main: Elryk
Level: 4472

1) Can you guys post a detailed explanation of how Stats are calculated, as I asked for last weak, in a new thread before its put on the live server? Since its "This is too complex for a dev update question." All I'm asking for is a Yes/No here with a follow-up (the new thread) shortly to come in the event of a Yes.

2) ...um....er...yea, Can't think of a second question.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:49 pm
Team: Magic Mushrooms
Main: Altslost
Level: 174

why can i only equip one exterminator in test?

3 drones only for non dm right?

Nabaco wrote:
Why?

pip8786 wrote:
HAL wrote:
urjuhh wrote:
you use elec to deploy drone...

SimonV2 wrote:
Nabaco wrote:
Why?

Nabaco wrote:
HAL wrote:
urjuhh wrote:
you use elec to deploy drone...

LOL

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Main: KillerDawa
Level: 1378

Since shields on drones do not instantly get 100% shields anymore will the build cost of the Armada charge drones be reduced?

Will we get to use the new drone controllers on test before the new uni?

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:22 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

Locking to pick.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:31 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

Here are the questions picked:

1. Whats the new uni shape gonna be like?
  2. Details on new ownership rules?
  3. Has any thought been given to having a short term 1-2 week temporary universe?
  4. Will the rebalance go in a day before the uni reset so we can be prepared?
  5. Slaves will be hit pretty had with the removal of stacking. Will we get Slave Tweak 50 to compensate?
  6. Do auras and tweaks stack?
  7. Admins replied favorably once to a suggestion that the circling aura indicators be changed, especially the system-wide auras from bases, because of the lag they cause and the fact that they are just ugly. Will this be implemented next uni?
  8. Currently parasites are useless in PvE because of Ace Pest Controls being present on every ship and the majority of AI are overhulled anyway. After the rebalance and Parasites are a larger part of the game, (heat weapons) will they be a viable option in PvE and general levelling? Do enough damage to be worthwhile and be reliable against AI?
  9. Are the new pest controls going to be easy to acquire, or require dging for blueprints/etc?
  10. Why can i only equip one exterminator in test?
  11. Has something been done to prevent the Bana tank having 100 Fire Extinguishers equipped, seeing as the majority of the DPS in Bana will be from the firey parasites?
  12. Any chance of other players (healers or engineers) being able to help remove parasites from Allies?
  13. How will bases be rebalanced, and will rarity,rarity of items required to build and size be a factor in their end stats?
  14. Will base gear be made smaller?
  15. I've heard rumors that f2p cannot lay bases after the reset, is this true?
  16. Will outposts be put in? Who can drop HQ/outposts?
  17. Is the part with the drones/AI using laser weapons if they aren't almost guaranteed a shot with their pulses has been finalized, or if it's still being tweaked?
  18. 3 drones only for non dm right?
  19. Since shields on drones do not instantly get 100% shields anymore will the build cost of the Armada charge drones be reduced?
  20. Will we get to use the new drone controllers on test before the new uni?
  21. Will there be any sort of skill reset to accompany the re-balance?
  22. Will demented shields be getting a sizable beef? Currently they are pretty pointless to build since they cost a ton to build and are just by incredibly small % better than the actual thing.
  23. With alot of gear seemingly going up in size, are AI going to be checked/adjusted to ensure they arent overflowing?
  24. Another question, some things are getting changed around, so will AI levels need to be tweaked at all?
  25. Will the SSphere be adjusted so that it's hull beef places it back at the top?
  26. Will Mercurian Bulwark Shield be worth spending 17b to make it?
  27. Will worthless bps that we get in DGs be added to trade bay for more money than 10k per?
  28. Will there be a consumption rate per minutes on energies that use fuel?
  29. With the new OL code, so the unstable ones explode instead of the weapon that is being fired, will you be (drastically) beefing all the inbuilt weapons?
  30. Can you guys post a detailed explanation of how Stats are calculated, as I asked for last weak, in a new thread before its put on the live server? Since its "This is too complex for a dev update question." All I'm asking for is a Yes/No here with a follow-up (the new thread) shortly to come in the event of a Yes.
  31. Have you guys considered the implications this nerf will have on The Dark and other stealthy stuff?
  32. What are the priorities for the items left undone after the uni reset, including new drones, engine rebalance, new stealth, new content like the new UZ, additional terraforming projects, etc?
  33. Will the "hit anything in it's path" change that's currently in test be in the next uni?
  34. If so can we change the code so we don't kill our own (or any of our own team) slaves/drones accidentally as is currently the case on test?
  35. Will we be seeing a proper (i.e. more realistic) physics engine put in?

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:17 pm
Main: Stoooch
Level: 17

Wow, thats alot of questions, thanks Pip, I am beginning to love this feature.

Fuck the Cosine!

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:17 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next