Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Main: BlackLotus
Level: 3430

Post Re: Nice little tweak
A warp 4 layer, so it is no longer only needed for juxta / UZ?

Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:00 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chemo
Level: 3621

dasilentone wrote:
A warp 4 layer, so it is no longer only needed for juxta / UZ?

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:29 am
Profile YIM WWW
Main: Richard B Riddick
Level: 2274

I like the idea of more buildable space with the way things currently are the uni is overstuffed. Also the idea of a pure w4 layer is epic, make higher lvl roaming ai, new ai, more difficult DG's even a few new ubers perhaps, also this would make a good spawning point for the invasions that are planned.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:36 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Selfish Act
Level: 704

I would like to see a pure warp 4 perilous area.

I also suggest a pure warp 4 build-able area. Would be large, would make it so only the end game high end teams would be able to build there as all/most of your members would have to have warp 4. Make it better than wild space of course, this would also free up more wild space for the newer, smaller, weaker teams - giving them a shot as you would have to choose to build in the warp 4 area, or wild space (if you plan on owning the gals anyways).

thats how this game was made

Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:24 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

Selfish Act wrote:
I would like to see a pure warp 4 perilous area.

I also suggest a pure warp 4 build-able area. Would be large, would make it so only the end game high end teams would be able to build there as all/most of your members would have to have warp 4. Make it better than wild space of course, this would also free up more wild space for the newer, smaller, weaker teams - giving them a shot as you would have to choose to build in the warp 4 area, or wild space (if you plan on owning the gals anyways).

This sounds great. Make the W4 with some badass AI. Still expand wild space.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:48 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: Churlish
Level: 3152

So if you are no longer doing any processing on empty gals expanding the uni will actually probably not eat up that much more resources, in fact you could increase dramatically with very little impact.

I would not want the uni to get too big though, many wars are by necessity and a vast bountiful uni will make us all fat and temporarily happy, though eventually bored.

If you are going to increase the size of the uni you should do it with the base cap or team player cap increasing.

the best way to use up all these new found processor cycles would be to increase the playerbase ASAFP.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:28 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: HUN-Lightfighter
Level: 3935

how are you going to connect cpu capacity with playerbase? that one needs money for ad.-s

Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:41 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: ArrowHate
Level: 1210

Lightfighter wrote:
how are you going to connect cpu capacity with playerbase? that one needs money for ad.-s

There is a direct relationship to the number of players and the amount of resources used.

Who's watching who?

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:41 am
Main: k-2
Level: 2715

i got an idea, instead of putting in more buildable space,, make the galaxies bigger, i mean.. RL galaxies got over 9000 solar systems, loads of planets & suns & roids..

Make SS galaxies look like this,, at least 20 solar systems per galaxy, so it'd make more sense.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:49 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Threaten
Level: 5964

kilua wrote:
i got an idea, instead of putting in more buildable space,, make the galaxies bigger, i mean.. RL galaxies got over 9000 solar systems, loads of planets & suns & roids..

Make SS galaxies look like this,, at least 20 solar systems per galaxy, so it'd make more sense.

galaxies that we KNOW of :P

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:27 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

"Galaxy" in Star Sonata is more of a technical meaning rather than reflecting real life. In this game, it simply means a collection of solar systems, and each random galaxy has 1-3 solar systems in it.

Adding more solar systems per galaxy is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure it would actually make the game play any better and I am sure it would make many aspects of both the server and the client less efficient.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:21 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: phil
Level: 7668

JeffL wrote:
In this game, it simply means a collection of solar systems, and each random galaxy has 1-3 solar systems in it.

0-3*

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:12 am
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Maybe instead of increasing the number in every galaxy, you could have the uni generator make 1 in 20 or so galaxies in Wild Space have 4 or 5 "solar systems" in it? They would be coveted as HQ galaxies, could lead to interesting developments on uni reset.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:49 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

yugioh124 wrote:
Maybe instead of increasing the number in every galaxy, you could have the uni generator make 1 in 20 or so galaxies in Wild Space have 4 or 5 "solar systems" in it? They would be coveted as HQ galaxies, could lead to interesting developments on uni reset.

I think a few super galaxies might be cool also.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:12 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: Teh Haxzorz
Level: 2443

Not sure if this has been said somewhere, or if its just obvious to people, but increasing the amount of solar systems in a galaxy would be pointless unless the base slot cap in gals was either removed or increased. Even with 2 solar systems in my galaxy, 25 bases is nowhere near enough to reach the potential of what is offered.

The solution may sound simple; just lift the base cap and woo thats it! But it also throws in another issue. Since there are more slots free for StMast's to build in the galaxy, it becomes even more harder to assault by an enemy team. Even with the cap at 25 bases per galaxy currently, a well defended and thought out galaxy is near impossible to kill as it is.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:21 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next