Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Post Re: Nice little tweak
OMG!

Niiice on Jeff.

I think speed cap could be moved up to 1k or something?

And then rof cap doubled, and the uni set to grow by *1.2 per uni, (This way it should get bigged in line with the growth of the playerbase, so there isn't a sudden influx of 'over 9000' gals :P)

Kanga

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:38 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Monty's alt
Level: 2794

Wow! A good day for SS :).

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:11 am
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

If you do grow the uni, please make sure to increase the number of juxtas and subspaces as well. We don't want to go back to the old ways, where you could have an AP course of 50 jumps or more. :P

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:20 am
Team: Zero Gravity
Main: Nessiah Redemption
Level: 1112

yugioh124 wrote:
If you do grow the uni, please make sure to increase the number of juxtas and subspaces as well. We don't want to go back to the old ways, where you could have an AP course of 50 jumps or more. :P

Yes, very yes. Larger unis, with more planets per gal!
And I really hope this "solution" doesn't end up like the server quick-save addon...

Ware wa messiah nari!

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:24 pm
Main: KillerDawa
Level: 1378

Dorin Nube wrote:

Now, for the big one: Will it finally be possible to use some of the extra performance to lift the current account base slot restrictions? I'd love to see a bigger uni AND have the ability to use the base slots from all of my alts, or at least a larger percentage of them. .

YES! Even if you only change it so it decreases by 1/4 this would awesome. Instead of Full slots, 1/2 slots.. ext. You get Full, 3/4s, 1/2, ext.

Would be perfect to go with an increase in build able space.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:28 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

i think what needs to happen is a restructuring of the way the uni is shaped, it would probably be better if it had a bunch of sectors, about 100 galaxies each, and there would be 2-3 juxtas from each sector, to the next, and rather than the "layers" being ontop of each other, they would all be on the same level.

each sector would be classified as either EF protected, wild, or perilous

most sectors would be wild, one or 2 would be earthforce, and there would be about 3 different perilous sectors, each of which would link to one type of boss AI, there would be one full of bana stuff, including iq' bana(only normal bana roamers though, and iq' bana would be in the lowest DF, while the new bana UZ would be at the very highest, there would be one peri sector full of normal AI, and with a warp into the UZ (and some roamer UZ ships about 2-3 gals around the UZ warp), the last perilous sector would be filled with very new, extremely strong AI

the main REASON for this, is with this system, admins can simply add in new sectors as new players join, WITHOUT making the structure of the universe look wierd or thrown together, and it can finally mean that

the wild space sectors would be grouped with the main warps out located roughly in the middle of the areas, and the gates between sections would be artifical, and defended by earthforce personell (in areas leading to or from earthforce space, and the only way into the perilous galaxies is by using one of the rare juxtas that go there, or by using the main warps which go from EF space to perilous. these warps would be guarded by HOSTILE AI, (not including the bana one, but the UZ one would definetly have a "zebra armada advanced scouting party", and the new AI perilous space wouldnt really have gate guards, since the density and difficulty of the new AI in each galaxy would be stronger than the UZ gate guard galaxy

there would OFC be juxtas leading from one wild space sector to another (just enough that there is 1-2 juxtas from each area, to each other area, to improve transit times.. because APing for hours isnt fun)

UZ would still be on a different layer, as it is now

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:41 pm
Main: Myth
Level: 3194

if the universe gets even x2 bigger can the player base support that amount of gals. also there should b more scout ships / at least 1k speed cap for AP throw the bigger universe.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:40 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Selfish Act
Level: 704

Demonblood, that would fuck over BvB as very few teams would have gals right beside eachother, would be juxes in between.

thats how this game was made

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:22 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

More space is a pretty obvious one...more build able space, and more perilous space, i personally think that earth force is fine.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:55 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: Yarra Valley Wines
Level: 4690

I'd also like to see the account base-slot restriction relaxed, just a little. It's barely worth having SM skills on 4th & 5th alt atm, even though your never going to build anything with them, yet you have to...the slots are so tight.
Thumb's up for actually finding the Tweak, always worth having a look outside the box occasionally.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:40 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: x0xhellx0x
Level: 3915

yup id like to see the base slot restrictions lifted cos that really kinda sucks..and a bigger universe without slots to build in said bigger uni would suck as well

I WOULD RATHER DIE FIGHTING THEN LIVE LIFE ON MY KNEES...

DRINK FIGHT FUCK

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:36 am
Main: BlackDiamond
Level: 34

I vote for doubling speed cap and ROF cap!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:29 am
Main: Lord Blaster5
Level: 2171

BlindSide wrote:
I vote for doubling speed cap and ROF cap!

Just shut the fuck up already.

Julian wrote:
if a gust of wind knocks you over in real life are you going to rage quit that to?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:41 am

Selfish Act wrote:
Demonblood, that would fuck over BvB as very few teams would have gals right beside eachother, would be juxes in between.

really? you know teams that can take 200 galaxies? these sectors would be much too big to be blockaded by a single team, maybe like 5-6 teams, but even then, coordination is too difficult
(the perilous and EF space sectors wouldnt be quite as big, but would still be a fair amount bigger than currently)

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:44 am

JeffL wrote:
So tonight we figured out a little tweak that causes the server to run roughly 10x faster than it does now. One of those things that is totally not obvious, but in hind sight seems like it should have been.

So... do we want rof cap to be 10x more and responsiveness to jumping and docking 10x more, or the uni 10x bigger, or some combination? (Though we will likely add in some kind of artificial rof cap so people don't get client lag from too many bullets.)

I think it would be fun to make the next uni 2 or 3 times bigger by adding more layers, what do you guys think?

just out of curiosity, what was the trick?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:48 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next