Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Post Re: Nice little tweak
If you decide to go with "Wilder" space (with a better name than that, of course) make it completely open PvP. If you want to build in the space with the most abundant distribution of resources, you should be expected to be a good, high-end team that can defend themselves.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:10 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: HUN-Lightfighter
Level: 3935

I think the capacity could be used for handling more features later in C2.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:38 am
Team: Traders
Main: Alpha2Omega
Level: 6850

The only problem i see in having more galaxies is, most obvious u will have just more empty galaxies in your team territory -> u have to built a dumb base in it, loose more base slots for owning the gals that have actually a planet in.
Maybe owning a galaxy with just owning ALL galaxies sourrounding it with having only drones in it would make sense.
U just put a temp base to own everything, drop some drones in there and demolish the unneeded base.

Else having in a way more gals is nice, it looks like ss is growing and the buildable space is more or less full the last 2-3 unis.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:21 am

muemin wrote:
The only problem i see in having more galaxies is, most obvious u will have just more empty galaxies in your team territory -> u have to built a dumb base in it, loose more base slots for owning the gals that have actually a planet in.

Since it's meant to be a higher resource distribution, couldn't they set a minimum limit on planets per galaxy in said layer? Every galaxy has at least 3 planets would be a quick example.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:09 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I actually like the idea of more empty galaxies. Seems like it might be annoying, but more strategically interesting. They could also work like natural borders. Hard for a neighbor to bvb you if you have an empty galaxy next to your owned space -- you could counter-attack that empty galaxy more easily than a galaxy with planets.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Red Faction
Main: Selfish Act
Level: 704

JeffL wrote:
I actually like the idea of more empty galaxies. Seems like it might be annoying, but more strategically interesting. They could also work like natural borders. Hard for a neighbor to bvb you if you have an empty galaxy next to your owned space -- you could counter-attack that empty galaxy more easily than a galaxy with planets.

Should code it so that the universe spawns with a cluster of nice galaxies, so you don't just have nice gal, shit gal, nice gal, shit gal. Instead it would be nice gal, nice gal, shit gal.

thats how this game was made

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:01 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

It would be nice if the uni map would arrange itself with denser galaxies closer to eachother, and gals with no planets much further from eachother. If they were made in clusters, then it would be more obvious where your cluster is and whatnot.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:05 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

Selfish Act wrote:
JeffL wrote:

Should code it so that the universe spawns with a cluster of nice galaxies, so you don't just have nice gal, shit gal, nice gal, shit gal. Instead it would be nice gal, nice gal, shit gal.

yeh, "strategically annoying" isnt a good idea, but if the galaxies were clustered, with the empty gals as a boundary to too much expansion, then it might make it better, but, it still falls to the "IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FIX IT"

id be happy to try it for one uni, as long as we had the option to vote on wether to return to the old system

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:26 am

JeffL wrote:
Amazon EC2 has a High-Memory Quadruple Extra Large Instance that we could get with 68 gb of memory. That one would have enough memory to grow the universe by 15x without needing to even implement any kind of sharding. Our scaling problems for the foreseeable future have just been magically vanished. We can now scale up to about 18k p2p's I think before we have to implement sharding. Time to start advertising again.

Now we'll have to figure out what to name those 500 other or so galaxies, and imagine how difficult it would be to get the Universe ready for an Emp run :roll:

And iWin would be so happy about the new 18k P2Ps, they'd probably overtake DM as being #1 in Wealth :o

Color coding ftw

Rats in RL don't fling poop at you.

Techno Forever!!!

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:55 am
Profile YIM
Team: Imperium
Main: Getsuga Tenshou
Level: 3713

Higher speed cap and more buildable space is my vote

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:08 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Test has been running the new code for over 3 days now without any crashes or problems I can see. Please log into test and check on your slaves and bases and see if they seem to be operating correctly. If no one can find any bugs, we can probably try this on live soon.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:31 am
Profile WWW
Main: yellow
Level: 1946

Jeff_L i suggest to increase size of Wild Space by 2x Perilous by 1x Ancient space on top of Perilous(I WANNA SEE BULE AND VAZAHA AI!!). Increase All the player performance and such by 4x and then lift the account base slots cap. :DDDDDDDDD. I hope that this is good for every one!!

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:52 am

I love test, I am getting 0 lag, and that was when I agro'ed my stm bases on the rest of the gal! That was ftw ;)

Kanga

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:48 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

blacker2359 wrote:
Jeff_L i suggest to increase size of Wild Space by 2x Perilous by 1x Ancient space on top of Perilous(I WANNA SEE BULE AND VAZAHA AI!!). Increase All the player performance and such by 4x and then lift the account base slots cap. :DDDDDDDDD. I hope that this is good for every one!!

Don't remove the cap but give it more room. More buildable space, extra layer above perilous space, alien evasions, and then rest is just devoted to enhance server speed.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:35 pm
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Bowman
Level: 1495

i like the bigger uni idea

sinewave v2 wrote:
rand4505 wrote:
Adapt or Die.

/me dies

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:50 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next