Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post Re: The new ship BPs
Denux wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
The idea was a ship to keep the guy in until ~500 where he'll drop into a T20.

Could you please show where the admins stated that this was the idea?

It was my idea. Obviously for a class locked ship, you'll want to keep the guy in it as long as possible, since it's supposed to be better than the ships everyone and their mother can use.

The limitation takes away and lot of people, so you expect it to be worthwhile. But it's not what a sniper would expect. 30% to energy+heat, with 50% to laser, and 10% to everything else would be a welcome to a sniper. The only real two damage types that would be used until level 500 would be laser and energy. Heat only if you level in bana dgs. Heat is used by Clefts, and Surg by Rosy's, however you can easily tank the Clefts and avoid the Rosy's.

You're a player, not an AI that goes: O MY FUCKING GOD THERES A PLAYER! IMA GO SHOOT AND SHOOT LIKE A COMPLETE IDIOT.

Actually, most AI's are smarter than that....
But, a high resist ship tends to be used for tanking. As a sniper, you don't have to tank. A jumper combined with a cheap afterburner allows you to escape all the 'perilous' content you'll face in w2/early w3.

If you like tanking as a sniper, you might as well go reclass to Zerker so you can tank more.

The build I was expecting was the resists, maybe shave a bit off the laser.
So, 30% to laser, heat, and energy, 10% to everything else. Add the stats of the Sniper Aptitude as in built bonus, lower the hull by 150, and vol-la.

Now we have a ship that a sniper would use for sniping, not for tanking.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:09 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Why the hell do you need shields or resists for a sniper anyway? A good sniper never gets shot.

As a sniper you should know that it's completely impossible to never get shot. When going into a new DG level for example you often take a couple hits. Shields and resists may not be the most important things for a sniper but it sure helps.

So once you get hit a few times you never do again due to the crappy ai and their TERRIBLE radars.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:59 pm
Main: Jagur4
Level: 1458

Demiser of D wrote:
Not true! As long as you warp in at or above max speed, you have a 90% chance of not hitting anything, add a witches broomstick to your setup and your chances of not getting hit rise to near 100%.

Of course, nothing is ever completely impossible, so i'll give you a bit of credit.

Statistics pulled out of your ass smell like poo. :P

Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:06 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

I think I'll just remove the sniper only tag for the ship....and the zerker only tag on the cleft. Not much point in having them locked to a class.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:18 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Doman
Level: 5611

trevor54 wrote:
So once you get hit a few times you never do again due to the crappy ai and their TERRIBLE radars.

AI radars aren't the problem. You shouldn't expect something to see something else that is trying to be stealthy from 1.5k+ out. AI just don't have the thought process of "Hey, there are shots coming from over there. We should go see what it is."

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

Myhn wrote:
trevor54 wrote:

AI radars aren't the problem. You shouldn't expect something to see something else that is trying to be stealthy from 1.5k+ out. AI just don't have the thought process of "Hey, there are shots coming from over there. We should go see what it is."

Yes but your stealthy while shooting?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:46 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

It was a personal estimate, based on my past.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:47 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Doman
Level: 5611

trevor54 wrote:
Yes but your stealthy while shooting?

When shooting from 2k+ out yes, I'm stealthy while shooting. Vis drop off is fast enough where AI can't target you long enough to make any serious attempt at coming at you. Beefing radars itself isn't the answer as you would be messing with Seers. Moving around area's while stealthed in general. And any type of PvP. I already thing Radars are to powerful when an SD can see me from several hundred away while I have single digit vis displayed. The same reasons are why beefing firing vis or changing vis decay rate would be wrong. I would suggest that DG AI obtain the ability to mark a location of where shots were fire upon them or their teammate to go look at. Much like their ability to hover over the area of a downed comrade by using loot or coins as a marker.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:06 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: -Death-
Level: 3302

The Voomy One wrote:
I think I'll just remove the sniper only tag for the ship....and the zerker only tag on the cleft. Not much point in having them locked to a class.

:) kl hehe. i got a bp today and want to make one XD becuase it will be cool lol.

although havent found prawn yet :/ no clue what im ment to kill to get that lol.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:42 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

The issue is that these two class locked ships are not following a tiered setup for the Tech range.

T5-T7
T8-T11
T12-T14
T15-T18
T19-T20
T21

Those are the tech ranges, from looking at the ships page and judging the relative power range of the various hulls. Ex. A Turtle(T14) is much weaker than an Orca(T16), due to the fact it can't use T15 augs, though it still tanks better in the long run.

Any restrictions on a ship decreases the target player count, and therefore has to make the ship better than ships aimed at a more general group. The BSS is a powerful higher tier ruin. I've seen even seers NOW use it(Because they shot my travel ships with the seer NB weapons...).

Tier 4 ships don't come into play until T20 and T21, so we can rule them out.

-Tier 1: The bottom of the list, very cheap. Stats suck for the most part, but it gives you a base to work off of.
-Tier 2: Mid line builds. Not cheap, but not super expensive. Usable for many lines of work.
-Tier 3: Advanced builds. Expensive if you have to buy the stuff. Minimum for use in the higher zones.
-Tier 4: Ultimate builds, for generic lines of work. Very expensive whether you build or buy. They are getting more common.
-Tier 5: Only found in T21's, the T5's are ridiculous expensive, and extremely powerful. The Pax Levitas is a Tier 5 ship, at least to my knowledge.

Tiered ship sheets would allow for easy balancing and organization. Just plug the ships in and fill in the missing gaps.

Plus ships tend to be a higher rank than their non plus counterpart, but only for the tech range the non plus came from. The RP is practically a T3 Ship if it was T13. It's not really suited for the work the class intended to use it for is going to do, therefore it's T2 in the T15-T18 range. The Vicar, due to its expense and unique features, IS a T3, if not a T4 ship, for the tech range it sits in.

Class locked ships are designed, at least from my viewpoint, to get the class to use it. They have bonuses unique to the class and guide the player along on the class design. They also are a bit more powerful than their non class counterparts.

The Rackham's Parsley, does not need the very heavy resists it currently has. A more balanced lower resist set would be more in tune with a class thats not supposed to get hit as often as the other class in the focus.

So, where does the power points from the heavy resist go?
It goes into the bonuses on the ship. I suggested a Sniper Aptitude because it's not the best thing on the block, but gives the player an idea on what the class is looking for. Maybe throw in some shield bonus with the Sniper Aptitude.

There, we have a powerful sniper locked ship that actually looks like a sniper ship, instead of a stealthy zerker ship.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:29 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Daggoth
Level: 3912

cgcgames4 wrote:
The Voomy One wrote:

:) kl hehe. i got a bp today and want to make one XD becuase it will be cool lol.

although havent found prawn yet :/ no clue what im ment to kill to get that lol.

Well prawn parts drop off DF400 (constantly...)

So the bp for a prawn is a rare df400/uber drop?

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:31 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2700

newman233 wrote:
cgcgames4 wrote:
The Voomy One wrote:

Well prawn parts drop off DF400 (constantly...)

So the bp for a prawn is a rare df400/uber drop?

Kanga

I got a Prawn Piece from Blob! XD

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Kame School
Main: Filthy McNasty
Level: 4064

i got prawn piece A and B from my DF400 DGs, it came from the same DG too xD

Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:22 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: -Death-
Level: 3302

i have prawn peace a and c atm. might get another who knows lol :). we doing MS 4 times lol. we have done it 3 so far.

still havent seen a bp though

Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:19 am
Main: yellow
Level: 1946

Why remove the class and make it worse? Make it better!!

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:57 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next