Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Team: Red Faction
Main: Daggoth
Level: 3912

Post Re: The new ship BPs
The Voomy One wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
The RP disappoints me. It's a Parsley that has 10% more energy and heat resist, thats T16. It's almost better than a BSS.

Almost better then a BSS? Do you actually have any idea at all what you are talking about?
RP has 200 more hull, MUCH better resists, 1 more weapon slot, 25 juicegen (compared to 0). BSS is faster and has lower vis, other then that the RP is superior.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
40% to energy, 40% to heat, 60% to laser, 30% to physical and mining. Thats a lot? A Basil has more.

Basil has 50% to energy, 30% to heat, 40% to laser, 0 to physical, 0 to mining. And RP actually has 60% to energy, not 40%.
RP wins and you once again do not seem to know what you are talking about.

/pwned

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:53 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

The Voomy One wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
The RP disappoints me. It's a Parsley that has 10% more energy and heat resist, thats T16. It's almost better than a BSS.

Almost better then a BSS? Do you actually have any idea at all what you are talking about?
RP has 200 more hull, MUCH better resists, 1 more weapon slot, 25 juicegen (compared to 0). BSS is faster and has lower vis, other then that the RP is superior.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
40% to energy, 40% to heat, 60% to laser, 30% to physical and mining. Thats a lot? A Basil has more.

Basil has 50% to energy, 30% to heat, 40% to laser, 0 to physical, 0 to mining. And RP actually has 60% to energy, not 40%.

Trolls getting Trolled, epic.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:56 pm
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

Voomy you're my hero now.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:58 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

newman233 wrote:
The Voomy One wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:

Battlecruiser23 wrote:

/pwned

Kanga

lol, lovin it

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:08 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

I have both a BSS and a RP(2). I like my BSS more. The Sup Combi built into the ship is a major difference. I expected a more specialized ship than just a Parsley+. Something like a Vicar being more specialized than a Seraph

Hull. I have more than enough hull in my BSS. What is the higher hull of the RP going to do? Loot room? Face it, the only reason more hull would be there is for a bigger capacitor.

Defenses. I get 40k Shields in my "little" BSS. I don't need much, since I actually am smart enough not to go guns blazing into a brawl where other classes have the upper hand, or right into a nest of AI that I can't escape. If I was to do that, I'd have reclassed to Zerker long ago.

Specialization. The inbuilt bonuses of a T19 aug, or an aura generator, is more useful to me. I see the Sup Combi is practically another T16 aug affected by AT. But it's really a T19 aug, better than my T16 ship. So it doesn't get AT.

The ship gives stuff to a person that has enough. Imagine giving a ShM's Rhino an extra 1k hull because it 'may' scoop a Tardis...on top of the 4k free space it already has, or giving a Zerker more DPS, on top of the 1st place DPS it has over any other class. Perhaps you'll give a SD more speed on a Hera+, when it already has 700 speed and the cap is 700 too.

It's just not the effort. An inbuilt Sniper Aptitude would be more fun.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:33 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Oh Im sorry, I didnt realise the ship was made for you and only you :roll:

Just because you feel you have enough hull doesnt mean that everyone does, hull space is one of the most important things on a ship.

Resists....well what can I say, 60% resist is MUCH better then 10%.

Use your BSS if you wish, Im sure others will use the RP. The RP is a very good alternative to those who prefer the 200 extra hull over the 15 extra speed.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:14 am
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

The Voomy One wrote:
Oh Im sorry, I didnt realise the ship was made for you and only you :roll:

Just because you feel you have enough hull doesnt mean that everyone does, hull space is one of the most important things on a ship.

Resists....well what can I say, 60% resist is MUCH better then 10%.

Use your BSS if you wish, Im sure others will use the RP. The RP is a very good alternative to those who prefer the 200 extra hull over the 15 extra speed.

I... I.. I.. Love you. lol Voomy for Emp!!!!!

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:16 am
over 9000!

I'll go on what I've been using, to make a point. I'm assuming the sniper thats using this ship as a main ship has ~T16 gear.

Shield. I haven't found any shield that doesn't have 0 regen or kills your vis that has stats about the same as or better than a Hell's Gate/Heavenly Gate that is considerably bigger than ~70 size.

Energy. Without killing your vis(again), and still keeping a decent amount of regen and bank(low bank is cured by capacitor), I haven't found an energy thats over ~60 size.

Engine. This may be a doozy, as you can use a ton of engines for PvAI. As for PvP, we'll have to wait until C2. If a Seer used a MFC(~400 vis), then a sniper could do with something similar.

And mind you, I do carry fuel.
Weapons. I currently use an Excomm and an Urqa'ka. While I could use much more space for weapons, I don't feel that another similarly level sniper would need to do what I did with the space.

Capacitor. I use one about 70 size. I could get rid of it altogether. I have enough shields as it is for a level 400. I could plug the space saved with the cap and put a weapon in its place. Though I do like the idea of a Resonating low tech cap.

The thing is that I use gear suited towards being stealthy, while still keeping up with shields and energy demands. I still have to say my setup may be a bit OP, as I'm getting about 5.5x the damage of a single weapon per shot for about 1.8x the elect used at base stats. But then again thats what I get for overdoing it.

Now, other snipers may not use as stealthy gearz. But if they're going to try for a brawler setup, why are they sniper in the first place? Doesn't Zerker do the brawling, while sniper takes pot shots?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:37 am
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

Why the hell do you need shields or resists for a sniper anyway? A good sniper never gets shot. :roll:

This is clearly not a sniper ship.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:40 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2700

Demiser of D wrote:
Why the hell do you need shields or resists for a sniper anyway? A good sniper never gets shot. :roll:

This is clearly not a sniper ship.

Because it's for a Sniper in training. :P

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:54 am
Profile WWW
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Quote:
Why the hell do you need shields or resists for a sniper anyway? A good sniper never gets shot.

As a sniper you should know that it's completely impossible to never get shot. When going into a new DG level for example you often take a couple hits. Shields and resists may not be the most important things for a sniper but it sure helps.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:16 am
over 9000!

The idea was a ship to keep the guy in until ~500 where he'll drop into a T20. This thing makes me want to use my Porp+'s instead. Those things are vastly superior.

They'll make good slaves, and possibly a "good" sniper ship, if the sniper doesn't learn about the Sidhe, BSS, and Porp/+.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:32 pm

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
The idea was a ship to keep the guy in until ~500 where he'll drop into a T20.

Could you please show where the admins stated that this was the idea?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:49 pm
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

New ships are always welcome, thanks Voomy and the Devs who were involved.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:52 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Why the hell do you need shields or resists for a sniper anyway? A good sniper never gets shot.

As a sniper you should know that it's completely impossible to never get shot. When going into a new DG level for example you often take a couple hits. Shields and resists may not be the most important things for a sniper but it sure helps.

Not true! As long as you warp in at or above max speed, you have a 90% chance of not hitting anything, add a witches broomstick to your setup and your chances of not getting hit rise to near 100%.

Of course, nothing is ever completely impossible, so i'll give you a bit of credit.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:58 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next