Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

Post Re: Tell us what you would like to see in revised galaxies.
SPAZ is on of the most unbalanced games ever that i ever played at least.
there like mission where your still unable to have a low tier fleet and your like a group of 1 tier 2 ship and 2 tier 1 ships following you vs like 1 tier 3 and 3 tier 2 ship against you just rick rolling you lol. but yeah SPAZ has so nice background graphics.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:53 am
Team: Traders
Main: playerboy345
Level: 3084

SPAZ was fun and addicting till you finished the story line.

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:27 am
Main: badaboom
Level: 2793

Cygnus wrote:
Could empathy field and empathic biology actually have some sort of visual cue that engines aren't working? Maybe some sort of grid of static points or something, you could get some interesting conflicts between the grid and the nebula in emp bio.

I think by what he means by that is maybe like an electrical grid that appears on the screen as the background, so you can actually see like.... lightning bolts? perhaps all over the place so it looks realistic

Bada

Visorak wrote:
PvB uber.

Thanks. :D

This post was edited a total of 1,000,000,000 times.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:04 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

I was thinking in the Enigmatic Sector where there's the ai fighting, have in the distance little explosions of light, like there's fights going on a fair way away. Or like a heap more ai, cause atm it's not the most intense fighting scene i've ever seen before... but it should be

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:37 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

I want a gal that Has a giant bullseye that if someone stands in the middle they spawn 1000 zebus.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:43 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

goett wrote:
I want a gal that Has a giant bullseye that if someone stands in the middle they spawn 1000 zebus.

I'm tempted to take a screenshot of a gal and photoshop that in just for the lolz... cba tho

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:16 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: iArcea
Level: 13267

thebattler35 wrote:
Gravity and galaxies with black holes.

Possibly make the black holes warp you randomly to another black hole somewhere in the universe?

Love this suggestion ... and nearing the uniset black holes should become more common ! :D

Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:49 am
Main: SirDraygon
Level: 230

List of Inter/Extragalactic Ideas:

1: Eclipses (Medium+ Resolution)

2: Comets (all resolutions)

3: Orbit Paths ( :D )

4: Asteroid Belts (most resolutions)

5: Anonymous Comet Spawning+Path+Event Drops

I was also thinking comets could drop a set amount of XP, or an item when blown up. Would help a little.

Orbit paths are amazing when you think about it - You'd be able to see where your base planets are, and be able to find them more easily by just following the little ring thing going around the nearest star.

Asteroid Belts... I don't see an asteroid in the Sol system. Something isn't right here.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:38 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Not sure if you are just looking for suggestions on graphical ideas, or actual game concepts with regards to systems, but here is one:

Make exploration worthwhile. Right now it mainly consists of adding a new colorful blob on my main map when I find a new system.

In games like SS which are in space it becomes hard to make each system unique and not just a copy of each other. But despite that you guys seem to have done a good job on this from a look and feel stand point. Many of the galaxies seem quite different and unique based on their Sun type, planets and moons, station locations and orbits, and other celestial objects. It would just be nice if all this meant something in terms of actual game play. Right now it doesn't except for base building purposes, which excludes all of Earthforce space which is where most people spend their time in. But it would be awesome if there was even more than this.

While I didn’t much like EVE online I did like what the did with scanning, and making it into a more involved aspect of the game. Here is my proposal to SS:

Add in some sort of scanning/surveying/archaeology skill (whatever you want to call it), which may or may not be related to a characters radar skill. Then give the ability to scan every single planet or moon in the game much like you can already do now with a planet scanner. But this would be an "exploration scan" vs a "resource scan." Then upon scanning either nothing comes of it,,, or something random happens. Maybe your scanners upset some local planet-side aliens and some ships pop out and attack you. Or you a discover a lost long crash site and some interesting items or blueprints. Or maybe you find some recently lost adventurer who rewards you with some credits for finding him or decides he will hang out and be your buddy (slave ship) for the next hour or so. Perhaps you find some local alien natives who decide to join you and give you a few “super workers.” Regular workers but who can operate 3 things on a base per ration instead of one. Etc, etc, etc… The possibilities are literally infinite and endless. This would basically add in a “random event concept” to the game. Higher scanning skill could be required to scan higher warp sectors or increase your chances of a rare find. Certain ship hulls which are “scout themed” could give bonuses to this.

Basically if you have ever played anything like Master of Magic or Heroes of Might and Magic, think about the random dungeons and caves and how fun it was to try and discover what was in all these. The addition of these random event spots was probably minor from a design point of view of these games, but nonetheless allowed for near infinite replay-ability and added variability to the game. The programming for scanning planets already exists through the planet scanners. The scan result could just be done through a text pop-up window description that appears after you scan to let you know the result. So ideally this suggestion wouldn’t require major new programming overhaul or anything. And even if you are limited to scanning each planet only once, given the sheer number of systems, Earthforce, CG, Wild, and Peri space that would keep most players busy for a long time. You could even get a small number of xps for a successful scan, thus enabling advancement through exploration.

You could even take this a step further. You could even make it so you can scan systems upon entering them and then discover unique “hidden” celestial objects that could only be found by having a high enough scanning skill. And then after that you still have a chance at finding something unique when actually scanning/surveying them.

If you did this, it would also provide something else which I think is missing right now in SS: an incentive for people lower than level 1000 to activate a paying subscription. It would give F2p players an incentive to risk danger in order to go to Wild and Perilous space to discover all the possible riches and unique events waiting for them on all the planets and moons there.

Anyway this is a bit more ambitious than maybe what you were looking for but thought I would throw it out. Thanks for reading.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:39 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I like your idea and if they hopefully add in some galaxies that are so dangerous that even endgame players have to be careful entering them alone, what you are describing could extend to the endgame as well.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:10 pm
Main: Evo
Level: 34

Less clouds.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:32 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3931

Planets going through suns/ planets orbits intersect

Where this happens move planet to new orbit or remove and replace with an asteroid ring

Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:47 am
Profile YIM
Main: Mew Meeow
Level: 5238

Planets whit small astroid fields around them( from a smashed moon).

Both extremely boring
Both make pointless walls of text / paragraphs
Both never stfu
Both need serious mental help
Both know far too much about SS

Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:39 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3931

Any gravity effect should not effect the piloting of a ship. I have played in a simulation with large gravity wells and it made ships hard to handle.

Also arn't wormholes black holes already.

Finally make the galaxy graphics contollable by the user. There are certain features of graphics that I dislike and would prefer toswitch off. For example, clouds and sun sounds.
Further not all people can afford the new graphics cards that can handle all the wizbang effects. I propose that you allow us to customise the graphics effects.

I expect most of us have experienced lag in high intensity combat due in part graphics. By making the graphical effects customisable the players can chose to have a bare bones setup and get less lag when it counts.
Currently lag killer does not seem to effect those graphical effects.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:05 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Zephyr
Main: XxFrostfangxX
Level: 3923

sabre198 wrote:
planet with rings like saturn, so when you go over the planet and it bumps you over it, the particles wake round ur ship and return to the ring.

I like this one,saturn has allways been my favorite planet after all

Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:36 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next