Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Add a right-click option to destroy single augmenters?
Poll ended at Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:46 am
Yes 87%  87%  [ 118 ]
No 10%  10%  [ 14 ]
Undecided 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 135

Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

Post Re: Poll on augmenter destruction
I personally see no issue with destroying 1 aug on a ship regardless of level or tech.

Jeff's example is correct but then look, he has a CaL, CaZ, Watt. Let's say he wanted to upgrade to CaL, CaZ, Devine Watt if it were a t21 ship, he would then have to blow the 50b~ Watt aug.

This idea makes sense and should be instituted with no limits.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:55 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2700

Chaosking3 wrote:
I personally see no issue with destroying 1 aug on a ship regardless of level or tech.

Jeff's example is correct but then look, he has a CaL, CaZ, Watt. Let's say he wanted to upgrade to CaL, CaZ, Devine Watt if it were a t21 ship, he would then have to blow the 50b~ Watt aug.

This would be my Lion though, so I can use my aug reset mission when I obtain my T21 ship. ^_^

Or I could use my aug reset anyway because it's a 50b aug.

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

My main concern at higher levels is if it would harm the economy by making less demand. In other words, if on aggregate, people who were using reboot modules or just getting new ships and having to replace all their augmenters can just replace some of them instead.

However, doesn't it seem quite possible that the number of people who can do partial upgrades this way will way outnumber the number of people currently doing total upgrades, and that under an individual augmenter destruction system, far more old augs would end up destroyed and new augs built?

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Maybe Jeff's right on this and we should have an unlimited ability to blow individual equipped augmenters. I should say that in my experience, there have been very few occasions in the endgame where I would have opted for this over using a reset mission, though. These days I generally choose my aug setups to last until the next ship upgrade (Panther to AWC, for example), with a few exceptions. This change would really affect lower-level players much more than endgamers, which is in fact the idea.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:56 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

I'm for unrestricted 1 aug destruction. My Zebra for instance right now is Alby, CAL, Hera+ I've considered many changes to this, but never acted on them due to not wanting to blow a CAL. It's not that I made a mistake in my setup, the zebra works fine, but I often see vast improvements and upgrades that I blatantly ignore because my Zebra is effective enough as is, and it's not worth it to destroy all three augs for a minor upgrade on one.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:16 pm
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

shawn_mccall wrote:
I'm for unrestricted 1 aug destruction. My Zebra for instance right now is Alby, CAL, Hera+ I've considered many changes to this, but never acted on them due to not wanting to blow a CAL. It's not that I made a mistake in my setup, the zebra works fine, but I often see vast improvements and upgrades that I blatantly ignore because my Zebra is effective enough as is, and it's not worth it to destroy all three augs for a minor upgrade on one.

I currently want to switch 1 aug on my Lion set-up but also not enough to blow them. Not even that they are all that expensive, it is just not worth it to me to replace all 3 augs.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:57 pm
Main: KC trades
Level: 5

im afraid that idea makes only sense if people want to blow up augs that are of disposable value.

As far that doesnt really apply at the moment, you either go for the endgame setup u have in mind (+ version augs ) or the cheap way (normal augs, usually dropped)

Ofc this way partially upgrading will out number total upgrading people but it doesnt really matter i am afraid, especially not as low lvl person since u switch to higher end tech ships quite soon and fast.

Im afraid that change will in frist place benefit endgame and longterm f2p's.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:09 pm
Main: Jagur4
Level: 1458

JeffL wrote:
My main concern at higher levels is if it would harm the economy by making less demand. In other words, if on aggregate, people who were using reboot modules or just getting new ships and having to replace all their augmenters can just replace some of them instead.

However, doesn't it seem quite possible that the number of people who can do partial upgrades this way will way outnumber the number of people currently doing total upgrades, and that under an individual augmenter destruction system, far more old augs would end up destroyed and new augs built?

This is what I was thinking.

As Spatzz just pointed out, sometimes people will avoid destroying all their augs in order to replace one because it is too expensive. So it is true, that with this, people who could afford to not care about the cost of augs over having a slightly better set up would be buying less. However everyone else would be buying the individual augs that they would otherwise not be without this change.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:12 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2414

Chaosking3 wrote:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:51 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

In the end what it boils down to is that because it's all or nothing, my zebra still has it's original 3 augs. When, in fact, if I could blow specific augs I probably would have run at least 10 augs through it by now.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:58 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Just remember to put in a confirmation question, "Are you sure you wish to destroy this aug?"

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:08 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

The Voomy One wrote:
Just remember to put in a confirmation question, "Are you sure you wish to destroy this aug?"

At the very least, it should be like the confirmation when item-forming a ship, or even a box that you have to type "yes" into like when you suicide. Incidentally, would this mean that the Reboot modules in Lyceum will be discontinued?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:13 pm
Main: Bone Shroud
Level: 40

SwiftDeath wrote:
Yes how ever make it something like only to T15 augs?

I think this is the best idea.

[quote="JeffL"]Come have sex with me in space, my lord.
[/quote]

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:27 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: MathNerd
Level: 3282

2 more things: give a confirmation window before you equip an aug, and make just one reboot module, tech zero, works on all ships

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:55 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

Quote:
give a confirmation window before you equip an aug,
Woah Woah woah! Lets not do that.
Quote:
and make just one reboot module, tech zero, works on all ships
This however, is absolutely fine.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next