Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Add a right-click option to destroy single augmenters?
Poll ended at Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:46 am
Yes 87%  87%  [ 118 ]
No 10%  10%  [ 14 ]
Undecided 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 135

Post Re: Poll on augmenter destruction
Visorak wrote:
Quote:
give a confirmation window before you equip an aug,
Woah Woah woah! Lets not do that.

and why the fuck not?

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:16 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2700

andezrhode2b wrote:
Visorak wrote:
Quote:
give a confirmation window before you equip an aug,
Woah Woah woah! Lets not do that.

and why the fuck not?

Sarcasm dude....

In relation to the thread, I have read some of the other players opinions and while I still think what I said applies, what Spatzz said about upgrading to DWatt still applies. And that this is an 'all or nothing' situation.

I agree on no limits. :o

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Main: k-2
Level: 2715

Signed, with a definite high cost.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:35 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

kilua wrote:
Signed, with a definite high cost.

Thats not an all or nothing.

It's either free to blow up any aug on any ship you have (confirmation password), or you cannot and must pay 30 bucks.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:40 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Sounds good to me.

I'm not going to use a reboot and destroy all of my augs on a ship under the current system; rather, I'm more likely to just wait and only put on the best augs I can afford within a reasonable time-span, then wait to put whatever better augs on a better ship.

Being able to destroy a single aug means it's more likely for me to use weaker, intermediate augs that are currently affordable or accessible. This should mean more aug purchases in total being done.

Replacing all augs will also still be necessary when upgrading to a new ship anyway (assuming aug resets don't remain on the player).

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:17 pm
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

I don't think this change would affect the aug economy at all. As several people have mentioned, the ability to blow just one aug would prompt them to change their setup more often, which means they would be buying / building more augs than if they just left their setup alone.

I think the people who fit into that category would probably balance out the people who would have been willing to blow all three (or four) augs to change setups but end up only blowing one due to the change.

I say implement it with no restrictions.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:54 am
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

remove aug reset missions, remove reboot modules, and do not put this in, augs are Permanent Upgrades. If you want to aug your lion differently, build a new lion.

/endgrumpyoldmanrant

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:33 am
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2414

Poll says 89%, so...

Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:58 pm
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

JeffL wrote:
Do you guys think we should add a right-click option for augmenters to destroy a single equipped augmenter on a ship or base?

The reason I ask this is as I play through the new Nexus on different new characters, augmenters are so much more abundant there now than they used to be. As a new player, I really want to keep upgrading my ship when I get more augmenters.

Augmenters were originally added to the game to get people to specialize and to make designing your ship interesting. But I think that applies a lot less in the early game when you are rapidly progressing through upgrades. I think allowing people to destroy single augmenters would be really nice for low-medium level players, but I'm not sure what exactly that would do to the end-game augmenter economy.

/signed

but it needs this

zhuang281 wrote:
Also add in a 5-step confirmation system :P

jeff mc beth wrote:
Jagur4 wrote:
Why exactly is everyone against this at the upper levels?

I don't see how it's like a free aug reset since this would destroy the aug. It's basically just a less wasteful version of the reboot modules. If the cost is the issue, then how about making it a right click up to a certain level and then requiring a special reboot module?

Maybe I'm just not seeing something everyone else is.

Semi-hypothetical situation.

My Berserker has a Lion, said Lion is augged CaZ, CaL Mastery (this is true now).

I want to replace my Mastery for a Wattage/AoD. I have no Augmenter resets.

Now: I either level and unlock my next augmenter reset mission and use that to save having to build/buy another CaZ/L or I just blow them up with the Mastery and rebuild.

With being blow singular augs: I blow up the Mastery and put on my Wattage/AoD, thus saving me an Augmenter reset or a few billion credits and a week or two building the augs.

its wasteful to force people to abandon all the augs on their ship just because they want to change one, it forces them to deal with the "FUCK, I JUST WASTED BILLIONS IN AUGS" feeling that leads to "WHY DO I PLAY THIS GAME ALL I DO HERE IS LOSE MONEY"

not wasteful in the augs, but wasteful in the players... as in they QUIT out of frustration from crap like this that is pretty much the same as forcing them to burn their own money, (not technically money, but they definetly worked for it, and destroying something you worked hard for is a really shitty feeling. definetly not what i'd call "fun")

so thanks for bringing up the point that utterly destroys all arguments against this being implemented for all tech levels (the economy will function better with more players anyway... SS's problem isnt lack of market participation, it is the lack of players and squeezing the players who are already here in order to stimulate the market will only damage it more...)

and if you're still not satisfied

Dorin Nube wrote:
I don't think this change would affect the aug economy at all. As several people have mentioned, the ability to blow just one aug would prompt them to change their setup more often, which means they would be buying / building more augs than if they just left their setup alone. 100+ internets

I think the people who fit into that category would probably balance out the people who would have been willing to blow all three (or four) augs to change setups but end up only blowing one due to the change.

I say implement it with no restrictions.

if anyone here still doesnt think its a good idea to implement this for all tech levels, then chances are nothing will ever convince you

the poorer end of the playerbase, the one actually at risk from economic bullshit which could make them quit, are the ones which need to be considered

frankly i dont give a flying fuck if this means trevor can change his augs for a little cheaper, i care about having a functional economy and enough new players that SS wont wither and die

Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:29 pm
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2700

Then why not make augs unequippable? Seems like a quicker and easier change and would solve the issues set out here!

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:43 pm
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

jeff mc beth wrote:
Then why not make augs unequippable? Seems like a quicker and easier change and would solve the issues set out here!

No, augs are not meant to be hot-switched. The difference is that this way players will have to pay to replace augs. The closest you'll get to this is OLs that are essentially hot-switchable augmenters.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:45 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

anilv wrote:
jeff mc beth wrote:

No, augs are not meant to be hot-switched. The difference is that this way players will have to pay to replace augs. The closest you'll get to this is OLs that are essentially hot-switchable augmenters.

I blew up so many excoms under the old OL system... :(

Old OL system back, please!?!? It would definitely stimulate the SS economy.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:01 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Having things like Excomms cost much more than they currently do does *not* mean the SS economy is doing better than before. Why does everyone seem to think that cutting supply equals stimulating the economy?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:03 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

anilv wrote:
Having things like Excomms cost much more than they currently do does *not* mean the SS economy is doing better than before. Why does everyone seem to think that cutting supply equals stimulating the economy?

Because for nearly everything in SS, supply greatly outnumbers demand and there is no sink through which you can permanently get rid of gear to maake people have to replace it on occassion. If people start blowing up their lincins because they accidentally equipped the wrong OL then they will have to buy new weapons every now and then which will slowly help with the collected and stagnant storages of everyone ingame.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:11 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3775

I agree with anliv.

The ability to remove a single aug would have next to no effect on the ecconomy as people would simply be more inclined to expreiment with aug setups.
Currently top end aug setups are so difficult to build and so expensive there is little incentive to innovate. As Nuromishi hinted it is easier to build a new ship than to get new augs.
Further Shawn yes most drops are junk but the AI bases are more than happy to recycle all that useless junk and convert it into nice shiny credits.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:21 pm
Profile YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next