Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Post Re: Easter Patch 03/04/12 ~ Discussion + 4/4/12 Content patch
Bonecrusher wrote:
* Added x5 and x10 turn in missions for Easter rewards

Why not just look at the total commods on a player's ship and issue X rewards with out the hassle of doing the silly time wasting missions.

That's not possible in the current code for missions.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:58 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Thermal
Level: 5942

And I think issue X rewards will result in X rewards out of whatever X is. I think the way Bobbo explained it to me, you would get X times the item you get. So if you turned in 300 Easter Mentions because that is what you had on your ship, then you could end up with 300 Medium Chocolate Eggs.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:00 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Bonecrusher wrote:
* Added x5 and x10 turn in missions for Easter rewards

Why not just look at the total commods on a player's ship and issue X rewards with out the hassle of doing the silly time wasting missions.

... You think I wouldn't have done that if I could? It's something on my wishlist though.

Support

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:03 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2414

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Fix patch will revert most of the changes to PBF & the AoG.

Heathens! :cry:

o_o

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Griffin wrote:
Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Fix patch will revert most of the changes to PBF & the AoG.

Heathens! :cry:

o_o

Ye, it's the next patch.

But, PBF will retain a small speed bonus (50 > 65) and some of the minor bonuses (+thrust, crits for the non-missile users) and be stuck at 750% bonus to shield / energy.

AoG will return to prior incarnation.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:20 pm

AoG's stats pre-beef are worse in every respect than GMast except for elec, and negligible amounts of range/dmg.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Griffin wrote:
AoG's stats pre-beef are worse in every respect than GMast except for elec, and negligible amounts of range/dmg.

Then you all should have been a whole lot more supportive and less critical.

AoG gets +2.5% hull > Gmast, an extra +2.5% speed (that's from 0% to +2.5%, it doesn't keep the Gmast bonuses, so you just lost 10.5%), looses the 10% weap hold, regains the 10% elec and that's it. Range went back up to 40%.

When you're onto a good thing, don't mess it up by whining. I was really, really hoping aspiring gunners would chip in with a variation that would benefit them ~ you know, maybe some suggestions that helped their class.

Newsflash: The AoG was already a Gmast+ before I started buffing the damn augs. Without the speed buffs on the Gunner class augs, they're the SAME apart from weapon hold > elec. It's the worst class balanced spread aug in the game, and the buffs are unbalanced because they buff all the best stuff because the class is shitty atm and so needs that to balance it.

Stupidity, total stupidity.

And here was I trying to destroy your setups. OH, wait. No. Trying to make the class viable. Well done. Hope you enjoy the missiles: oh, wait, multiple gunners don't even use them apparently according to my PMs.

p.s.

If you aug a PBF [*deleted due to request of user who obviously exploiting*] you're an idiot. Yes. Change class as a gunner. That's one of the worst setups I could ever think of as a gunner. Get a DS and play a SD already. There's few words to describe how bad this setup is, barring:

I think you should aug it three minor docking

Last edited by Aurora Ex Machina on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:14 pm
Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

:P

It's not that we don't WANT to use them, it's that we can't due to budgetary constraints. That's why I don't, anyways. I'm a poor mofo, believe it or not. Guns and fuel cost infinitely less than missiles! So of course gunners aren't going to use them if they don't have to.

But that said, I LOVE missiles when I run into a situation I cannot handle normally. But THAT said, I use the AoG aug because it's awesome with it's pre-patch stats. The trouble here is not that you're trying to make the class more viable(which nobody minds), it's that you're messing up setups that previously worked perfectly fine.(which everyone dislikes)

If you, for example, made a NEW aug and ship with the stats you wanted, then you could actually get a good sampling of which ship people prefer based on their numbers in six months or so. And that would have been fine, because choices are the shiznugget. But removing choices will always result in backlash.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't take it too hard. People like what you do; just don't make them sacrifice things to get to your dream-nexus-point. Thing.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:24 pm

And so Stabby affects the game for everyone again. That's up to 3 now. :mrgreen:

But seriously, just give AoG +10% speed and beef the damage up as far as possible. (50% seeing as how it has no rof bonus?) That would be my suggestion to fix it.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:24 pm

Cygnus wrote:
:P

It's not that we don't WANT to use them, it's that we can't due to budgetary constraints. That's why I don't, anyways. I'm a poor mofo, believe it or not. Guns and fuel cost infinitely less than missiles! So of course gunners aren't going to use them if they don't have to.

But that said, I LOVE missiles when I run into a situation I cannot handle normally. But THAT said, I use the AoG aug because it's awesome with it's pre-patch stats. The trouble here is not that you're trying to make the class more viable(which nobody minds), it's that you're messing up setups that previously worked perfectly fine.(which everyone dislikes)

If you, for example, made a NEW aug and ship with the stats you wanted, then you could actually get a good sampling of which ship people prefer based on their numbers in six months or so. And that would have been fine, because choices are the shiznugget. But removing choices will always result in backlash.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't take it too hard. People like what you do; just don't make them sacrifice things to get to your dream-nexus-point. Thing.

I don't care how "poor" you claim you are: you're flying a 10 billion+ ship, if you can't even play the class I loose sympathy.

And yeah ~ just did 6 run throughs of builds, and there's nothing there that's not totally stupid.

Grats on (450 * %160) + (10%*perhaps 100% at AT25) hull.

Real smooth. Hope your specific build is working out for you as you condemn other gunners due to selfishness. Plus points for knowing, as you play your class, that most gunners require ~ 1.4k/1.6k hull [HF] or 2 - 2.4k [Capital] before they crack out the missiles.

Griffin wrote:
And so Stabby affects the game for everyone again. That's up to 3 now. :mrgreen:

That's not one in the positive column, trust me. That's one in the "meh, why do I bother" column. Aka, you just won a "special medal".

#lookingonwithamazementattheselfishnessofthehumanrace

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:31 pm

That was sarcasm. :roll:

But yeah, AoG needs changing some way or another. It's not on par with GMast.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Griffin wrote:
That was sarcasm. :roll:

But yeah, AoG needs changing some way or another. It's not on par with GMast.

Bad luck. That ship has long sailed.

For the record:

Cyngus is claiming that a PBF with a base hull of 1483 as a gunner is not using either a MC'd ShM or exploits to be effective. That's using the new % hull of the AoG, not the old 10%, so he's using less. (13%*assumed AT25 vrs 10%*AT25).

Any Gunner class setup I've seen would beg to differ. In fact, most HF Gunner setups use more hull than that, coming in @ 1.4 - 1.6k. Dreads rack up 2 - 2.4k.

Honestly: If you're attempting to post, please don't be a cripple. Or a troll. Or just stupid. [and, for the record, his other two augs were both T16].

#lovebeingliedtoitsreallyusefulasadev

Last edited by Aurora Ex Machina on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:44 pm
Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

If you really want to look at how I operate, you can go right ahead. I seriously don't mind. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. There's really no need for randomly accusing people of all sorts of things.

Also: 10 billion credits? Seriously?

I bought the dread for 700m. I built the pax for 800m and a pittance of prom. It takes commods and 200m to build it.

I do not comprehend.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:54 pm

So why can't the aug just be changed again? We'd have to wait until next patch, I know, but it doesn't have to be stuck, right?

And why did it have to be changed back? Apart from the wep hold, it was perfectly balanced and my setup would in no way be OP. I said myself that it would make the PBF have an alternate playstyle than what the Dread offers, not be more powerful.

@Cyggles, I paid 25b for my PBF because my teammate decided that since I was looking for a PBF bp, he would buy one without my consent off a guy for 15b, and thus was scammed. So I decided to pay my teammate back even though he was an idiot. Anyway, going off market prices (aside from bp) the ship is worth about 10b.

Last edited by Griffin on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Cygnus wrote:
If you really want to look at how I operate, you can go right ahead. I seriously don't mind. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. There's really no need for randomly accusing people of all sorts of things.

Also: 10 billion credits? Seriously?

I bought the dread for 700m. I built the pax for 800m and a pittance of prom. It takes commods and 200m to build it.

I do not comprehend.

So ~ you're actually a sniper who solo'd mother for the BP, and shoved it on an alt?

Ok, thanks. Got you.

#cluelessandnotactuallyagunnertroll

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:59 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next