Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

Post Re: Proposal for Team XP and Team Skills
General wrote:
Here a idea to fix the market in ss put a skill in to limit the number of colonies a single team can make.Stops colony whores

i can tell you that 20% of the players will quit, all the other colo whores will set up an alt team to get thier money from colos
it will only make things worse

Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:05 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

@colonies

advantages of colonies
1. lack of upkeep
2. not much input
3. good profit
4. constant profit

disadvantage of dungeons
1. combat is really, really dull
2. AI's are not challenging
3. raw profit is low
4. MCing is powerful

side effect of MCing is that you get more colonies.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:37 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Jey123456 wrote:
The debt is there in the form of old teams (pre team skill) were given a set of free levels so that they would get enough roster for the 150 members, and enough gc for most galaxies. New team dont need nearly as much work to get said gc levels, or the first few roster level either, since their cost increase with the level (and old team were given lvl 10 in both).

But yes, team level does indeed give an advantage to older team... i mean thats kinda what level are (the more time you spent on working, the higher youll be)

So the plan was to use team skills and experience to inherently weaken, and eliminate incentive to start or join a newer team? Who is doing QC for SS's development? Virtually all of the incoming changes, while well intentioned, have also been extremely short sighted.

For every single one of these incoming changes there should be a meeting where the entire purpose is to do nothing more than spend an hour brainstorming ways in which it can be broken or bent into serving demographics unevenly, or how it could of it's own merits scare off new guys.

Consider the fact that each of these changes takes hours and hours to code and implement, so how much more pain would it cause to thoroughly examine them to make sure they are not immediately a detriment to the game?

Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:31 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

As an example, WoW implemented all of these and didn't negatively affect anyone anywhere in the game regardless of guild level, and did not give anyone a hard advantage over others. And all the while, they made each and every one useful.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Guild_perks

The best part is that this cannot be dismissed with "Oh they have a much larger budget, and dedicated development team.", because none of that matters here. They just brainstormed ways to help certain players without fucking over other players, and put it in practice.

SS seems to think that any advantage will do, and because of the lack of thought in this process virtually all changes come with an ever increasing gap in the power of a new player, and an established player. No other game on the earth has a marketing strategy of "If you stay really long you are automatically strong." So, why does SS seem to think it is a financially sound base?

Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:41 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

thats because they are perks and not necessities to survive. Our team points should be similar, perks not necessities.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:37 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

So much trust being laid down in this thread. Looks like Jeff has been studiously avoiding it.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:37 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

jeff never participates in a thread past the first page you should know that by now :)

Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Just so i can post
Level: 3587

Kinda feels like I am reviving this thread but since it’s important I have to do it.

sabre198 wrote:
thats because they are perks and not necessities to survive. Our team points should be similar, perks not necessities.

The idea that these skills are perks not necessities is the main thing to consider.

The Galactic control skill should be removed completely since teams are already limited in this area by the amount of bases they can place.

Roster should start at 150 so it’s like in the old system and add on top of that not 100. With the proposed system it will take a new team 150- 200 days to get to 150 chars. The cost of the skill can be increased if implemented this way.

The skills to get extra outposts and councillor slots are probably the only ones that are truly perks more than necessities so these I like. Some of the others are similar and hence might be useful.

As long as the skills are used to enhance a team rather than limit it this system can be a great addition to the game, if used to limit any team progress then the system will not serve to make the game more enjoyable.

Wed May 22, 2013 4:49 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11