Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8518

Post Re: Proposal for Team XP and Team Skills
I like the idea of using creds to purchase team skills.

This would allow developed teams a faster way to get some real needed returns from this system.

And, it would provide the possibility for a ridiculous credit sink.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Imperium
Main: Odd One
Level: 523

erman wrote:
I like the idea of using creds to purchase team skills.

This would allow developed teams a faster way to get some real needed returns from this system.

And, it would provide the possibility for a ridiculous credit sink.
^May help remove the initial jolt. Also allows teams to get started.

Glad this isn't exponential. Also, you may want to give current teams some initial skills... Other than that I see no glaring problems. Defense bonuses may eventually be a problem, but you would have quite awhile to see that problem coming. Not to mention that that's an easy fix.

targeting my OWN slave because... reasons, and then MIRVing it.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:51 pm
Main: Bonehead
Level: 2447

The biggest problem with this is the total miss on teams that must be split, at present, to accommodate all of their members, SP, Traders, etc. There must be enough alt slots to accommodate all of a team's members.

There MUST be a way of recombining these teams without loosing tons of GC points.

Split teams should be able to petition Support and have all of their scores and members combined into one team BEFORE the end of the uni, so they will have correct values at the beginning of the next uni. (Say 24 hrs)

If necessary teams should be able to buy additional player/alt slots when joining multiple split teams before the new uni.

It is absolutely necessary that teams be able to communicate with ALL members within the structure of SS, and not have to use a non SS chat and forum.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:10 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

syberian wrote:
Quote:
HQ Filling station / 1 / Ships docked in their team HQ gain +50/s regen and +50/s elec.
Super Cannon / 30 / Newly deployed team HQ's will have one super cannon per lvl of included super items

HQ Filling station- Does this bonus work only in HQ gal or everywhere?
Super Cannon - 1 cannon per lvl, does that mean that 2 lvls would make it multifire?

HQ Filling station is only when you dock in your actual team HQ base. It gives some advantage to people defending their HQ gal, and if you're nearby to your HQ and low on shields/energy with a bank setup, you might swing by.

The super cannon's would just have multiple super items included in the newly deployed HQ for multiple levels of the skill. Kind of like how the Helga has the two super items -- they charge and can be used independently.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

You guys are right about the galactic control stat. It definitely needs to give more. I think 2 per level might not even be enough really, now that it's pointed out. 3 per level might be more appropriate?

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

Yup, and Roster should be at least 10 per level

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:25 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Don't see the point of shield regen bonus as the gal will heal you fully before you even get to the hq.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:58 am
Profile WWW
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

sabre198 wrote:
Don't see the point of shield regen bonus as the gal will heal you fully before you even get to the hq.

Also don't see the point of +50/level vision either. A station master base, unless the team is idiots and use radars not up to the same level of the base, will have a pretty good time at finding and crushing the living daylights out of seers in the same galaxy.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:09 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

JeffL wrote:
You guys are right about the galactic control stat. It definitely needs to give more. I think 2 per level might not even be enough really, now that it's pointed out. 3 per level might be more appropriate?

Galactic Control:
Teams start out with 5 galaxies ownable with zero GC. Additional galaxies are purchased in bundles of 5. Legacy teams receive enough skill points to boost GC to 30 galaxies. That's 15 free TSP -- they would need to accumulate 13 for 40 galaxies (~1.5 week), and 66 for 60 galaxies (roughly a whole uni's worth of TSP, I doubt anyone would go for this in the short term).

I assume the escalating cost system is intended to keep teams from boosting their scores through the roof. The possible problem is that if we calibrate it so that 40 galaxies can be achieved by a legacy team in a week, 60 galaxies will be achievable by a strong legacy team in a uni and perhaps 80 galaxies in two unis. I submit that this may not be a huge problem since they would be forgoing lots of more valuable team skills and simply being able to own a ton of territory is not that powerful if you can't defend it.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:54 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 4762

Yes^ Listen to the guy with the maths

Edit: Just did a count. SP has 65 galaxies and BP has 41. Difference of ownership is 100 vs 63, so i'm guessing most other biggish teams are between that. Even if it was 3 galaxies per level of GC (Giving a total of 30 at the uni start), that won't be enough. Particularily if you consider many galaxies are connectors.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:08 am
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

erman wrote:
Oh, and you have seriously got to be kidding that you have no intention of removing "connector" gals under this idea of limited number of ownable gals.

That is truly laughable...

-ERMAN

Truth in these here words.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:00 pm
Main: Evo
Level: 34

Quote:
Warmongering / 5 / Teams may declare this many simultaneous wars (replacing old player skill -- with no levels of this, team may not declare war)

Will warring team take as many war slots as warring player? Maybe make it so 1 lvl of warmongering gives 5 war slots, warring team takes 5 slots and warring a player takes 1 slot.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:12 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Trading score is broken, kill it.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:59 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3931

syberian wrote:
Quote:
Warmongering / 5 / Teams may declare this many simultaneous wars (replacing old player skill -- with no levels of this, team may not declare war)

Will warring team take as many war slots as warring player? Maybe make it so 1 lvl of warmongering gives 5 war slots, warring team takes 5 slots and warring a player takes 1 slot.

There is very little difference in effect between warring a player and warring a team

Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:11 pm
Profile YIM
Main: KC trades
Level: 5

most of those "features" are new restriction to teams, which can be outruled over time right ?.. whats the point ?

And progressing costs seems another bad idea, in the longrun all the teams after 2+ unis will be more or less the same too ?
Not to mention that some of those "skills" have reduced utility at higher levels.

So at the end we end up with all established teams ignoring most of the new restrictions thanks to their skillpoints spend, and the new teams will be either screwed.. or sitting in CG gathering points too dont caring about it at all.

Whats the benefit ? i only see restrictions. (in general, i dont want anyone to come up with "but u can get +100k shield on this and that base")

Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:27 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next