Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Post Re: Server & Client Patch October 11 Discussion
sabre198 wrote:
isnt the mission chain a ball ache too>?

You need to do all the missions at Brigand's Stronghold aside from the Nexus Pirate Intro mission. Then you must do EF Capship kill missions until EFBC or EFBS.

It's fairly easy for sniper, just time intensive. Same with Engineer and Monkey. SD and Seer will have a difficult to impossible time alone as the dumb Capships have Gamma Emitters at the higher levels.

FC and Gunner are fucking slow. Those missiles hurt. Zerk as a whole makes me cry.

Thats not the worst part, though. Aug Reset missions do not remove and give back any neurobound augmenters. You MUST get an admin to give you a new one. So you must do it through the support ticket paypal cashshop aug reset.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:25 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8923

Max235 wrote:
sabre198 wrote:
isnt the mission chain a ball ache too>?

You need to do all the missions at Brigand's Stronghold aside from the Nexus Pirate Intro mission. Then you must do EF Capship kill missions until EFBC or EFBS.

It's fairly easy for sniper, just time intensive. Same with Engineer and Monkey. SD and Seer will have a difficult to impossible time alone as the dumb Capships have Gamma Emitters at the higher levels.

FC and Gunner are fucking slow. Those missiles hurt. Zerk as a whole makes me cry.

Thats not the worst part, though. Aug Reset missions do not remove and give back any neurobound augmenters. You MUST get an admin to give you a new one. So you must do it through the support ticket paypal cashshop aug reset.

i can kill EFBCs easy on my panther SD that is cheap geared, can take on EFDNs on my AWC SD without much trouble

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:49 am

SD is easy to play, though the gear/augs on many of them makes me cry. Some dodo was smart enough to use a Stop shield for PvE. He walked into a bunch of Progs (let alone Hawks and MF3 Forgs) and took hours to regen (and complained to me the whole time).

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:52 am
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

Anyone not expecting a reaver aug nerf can't have played SS for very long. As soon as people realized the insane damage it can do on snipers, most of us also realized a nerf was coming. It isn't hard at all to obtain, it's just time-consuming. (As to SDs/seers have a near impossible task getting it - I did the entire mission chain as seer in a 4 t20 ship mastery aug Death Striker, a part from the last few kills when I switched to SD (in same ship) to speed up looking around.)

Aug removal mission, paying for aug removal, or just right-clicking and destroying it. There are plenty of options nowadays to work around aug nerfs.

Quite interesting patch. The /avoid command is something I bet a pirate team would have wanted for a long time.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:12 am
Profile WWW
Main: Sir Nils Olav
Level: 1423

Fixed Ambro drones?

I like the void galaxy thing.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:27 am
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

I don't understand why the Mzungu Cloak is getting a nerf.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:02 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

is 10% crit chance for us poor shms really too high?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:13 am
Profile WWW
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

Mzungu Cloak is really low tech, and increases your critical hits from every hundred shot to every ~tenth shot. That's a huge increase in number of crit hits, for extremly little effort/cost. More or less only SDs and Seers that have enough hull issues to not use Mzungu Cloaks, and they both crit a lot without it anyway. I totally support that nerf! Still increases from every hundred to every ~20th (which I can't spell).

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:24 am
Profile WWW
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

Twentieth :P

I had a hand in the Reaver aug rebalance and I can say as someone who actually uses that aug that I do not expect any current users will require an aug reset. It was always intended as a glass cannon augmenter with some really nice utility bonuses (hull, speed, range, tracking) and that is how it is going to stay. I would liken it to the Wattage augmenter which is similarly powerful for T19 and which was also rebalanced some time after its release. There was the usual bickering but things settled down pretty quickly. Of course, in an ideal world we would not have to make adjustments like this after the fact. For now you will have to be content with the assertion that we do our best and that the dev team is full of people like me who use the content we are working with on a daily basis and have the players' interest at heart.

I will also make a point of requesting a higher tech cloak with properly elevated elec cost that would give the 10% critical chance originally given by Mzungu Cloak. We'll have to see whether the rest of the dev team feels that would be appropriate, though.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:52 am

Kikale Mzungu Cloak just to fuck with Monkeys with Vazaha Culture ! :P

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:56 am
Content Dev
Main: s_m_w
Level: 1512

The reason why the mzungu cloak is getting a nerf is that its effect on DPS and utility was too significant compared to the alternatives. +10% critical hit percentage on a character with no previous critical hit bonuses will increase his chance to get a critical hit from 2% to 12%, so from a critical hit every 50 shots to a critical hit every 8 shots.

I will most likely offer to unequip reaver augs manually. It should still be a very good aug though.

Get the Beta Client here and test new features and changes on the test server

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:09 am
Main: iArcea
Level: 13267

yclepticon wrote:
Twentieth :P

I had a hand in the Reaver aug rebalance and I can say as someone who actually uses that aug that I do not expect any current users will require an aug reset. It was always intended as a glass cannon augmenter with some really nice utility bonuses (hull, speed, range, tracking) and that is how it is going to stay. I would liken it to the Wattage augmenter which is similarly powerful for T19 and which was also rebalanced some time after its release. There was the usual bickering but things settled down pretty quickly. Of course, in an ideal world we would not have to make adjustments like this after the fact. For now you will have to be content with the assertion that we do our best and that the dev team is full of people like me who use the content we are working with on a daily basis and have the players' interest at heart.

I will also make a point of requesting a higher tech cloak with properly elevated elec cost that would give the 10% critical chance originally given by Mzungu Cloak. We'll have to see whether the rest of the dev team feels that would be appropriate, though.

But who created the reaver aug in the first place, which dev is incapable of the concept of balancing. Nerfing just upsets everybody, and if it was done right in the first place then no one would complain in that sense.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:26 am
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

Very very not happy about the Reaver aug nerf... its fine the way it is. It gives a perfect amount of DPE for compromising on no effective shield bank and -5% resists.

Ill take a look at the new stats and tell you if you fucked up or not :P

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:30 am
Main: None
Level: 0

I will just quote what KC said when I gave him the stats:

"OMG HAHA such broken! ;D"

I think that sums it up, it deserved a nerf. The only negative stat was the resistance, and that is not enough to make up for such a broken DPS-wise T19 augmenter.

Next in line for a nerf: T21 augmenters with high resistance bonuses, and Hibernation Augmenters.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:32 am
Main: Fly fast kill hard
Level: 4561

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
I will just quote what KC said when I gave him the stats:

"OMG HAHA such broken! ;D"

I think that sums it up, it deserved a nerf. The only negative stat was the resistance, and that is not enough to make up for such a broken DPS-wise T19 augmenter.

Next in line for a nerf: T21 augmenters with high resistance bonuses, and Hibernation Augmenters.

You forgot COH/+.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:07 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next