Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Post Re: Server & Client Patch October 11 Discussion
Sounds a lot of hastle to gather all those *evil weapons (and probably sacrifice some tank as well).

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:02 pm
Main: Shadow Wolf
Level: 3550

Can't wait until p19! sounds awesome

Since f2p can now get piloting 19, and several of the t19 ships require some sort of ancient culture skill, there should be some way to either get that or make it a different requirement in order to fly those ships (unt faranji wingship, bule abadi spectre, mzungu frigate.)

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:21 pm
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

xcrunner5 wrote:

Since f2p can now get piloting 19, and several of the t19 ships require some sort of ancient culture skill, there should be some way to either get that or make it a different requirement in order to fly those ships (unt faranji wingship, bule abadi spectre, mzungu frigate.)

Or we could just not give ftps powerful t19 ruin ships.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:26 pm
Team: White Star
Main: xXxIrishKnightxXx
Level: 20

The Salty One wrote:
xcrunner5 wrote:

Or we could just not give ftps powerful t19 ruin ships.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:31 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Alpha2Omega
Level: 6850

yclepticon wrote:
Twentieth :P

I had a hand in the Reaver aug rebalance and I can say as someone who actually uses that aug that I do not expect any current users will require an aug reset. It was always intended as a glass cannon augmenter with some really nice utility bonuses (hull, speed, range, tracking) and that is how it is going to stay. I would liken it to the Wattage augmenter which is similarly powerful for T19 and which was also rebalanced some time after its release. There was the usual bickering but things settled down pretty quickly. Of course, in an ideal world we would not have to make adjustments like this after the fact. For now you will have to be content with the assertion that we do our best and that the dev team is full of people like me who use the content we are working with on a daily basis and have the players' interest at heart.

I will also make a point of requesting a higher tech cloak with properly elevated elec cost that would give the 10% critical chance originally given by Mzungu Cloak. We'll have to see whether the rest of the dev team feels that would be appropriate, though.

or maybe even higher than 10% for a giving cost to pay for it.
5% more or less as a shm just a little diff., at least from my point of view for my fleet.

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
Pre-nerf:

Speed +9%, Damage +27%, Thrust +27%, Hull Space +9%, Tracking +9%, Range +9%, Hostility +27%, Critical Hit Percentage +27%, Critical Hit Strength +27%, Resistance to Damage -5%

Post-nerf (given stats on test server is accurate)

Speed +9%, Damage +27%, Thrust +27%, Hull Space +9%, Range +9%, Hostility +40%, Critical Hit Percentage +27%, Critical Hit Strength +27%, Resistance to damage -7%.

So you will loose the tracking bonus, get more hostility, and less resistance to damage.

Now to wait and see if test server stats is the same as the post-patch stats.

still broken, resistance to damage is not really important for a sniper

didn't KC laugh about the new stats ?

Last edited by muemin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:39 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Add in a Neuro Doc for the Lore Skills also -.-

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:45 pm
Team: Eternity
Main: Gold Spacer
Level: 3614

Tomzta09 wrote:
Add in a Neuro Doc for the Lore Skills also -.-

/signed please!

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:58 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: Devil'sEye
Level: 5406

and it doesn't colors the circle as red around targeted enemy

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:59 pm
Profile YIM

One more thing. I don't get it why hostility should play a role in determining the choice of augmenter. Other stats such as shield, resist, regen can be positive nd negative by which person can judge whther he should use it or not (Ideal example is WCoA+).
This thing is just like u are offered a hefty full of meal but u cannot eat because its poisonous.
Stealing someones tactic shouldn't be the way, like if in middle of battle sniper steals aggro, it'll fuck up the whole run :S...

Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:11 pm
Profile YIM
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

my zerker used to do over 1.1million before i changed to sd

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:16 pm
Main: None
Level: 0

On the Reaver Augmenter, I am going to argue that the nerf seems to not hit where I would want it to hit.

Argument #1 is that the way hostility bonus on augmenters works. As I have pointed out before, a change in 13% more hostility is actually not a lot at all.

Argument #2 is that this is not a nerf to the people using the augmenter, it is the nerf to the people that counter the disadvantages that comes with the augmenter. And we all know the answer to who that is. Olaf, berserker!

So good job making it even harder to be a berserker. You can counter the disadvantages in the new stats, but only by making your berserker even better, which means more *(evil) items.

So good job, you just made it even more of a must for berserkers to spend billions and billions on *(evil) gear, and when they get there, this change will not have affected the people who use the augmenter at all.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:35 pm

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
So good job making it even harder to be a berserker.

Exactly what I meant. And the solution to it won't be by just saying 'Then don't use it' bcuz greed for more dps will overcome ur senses! :P

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:04 pm
Profile YIM
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

So you're saying... this makes Snipers take even more hostility which makes it harder for a Berserker to hold aggro. That's like complaining that you augged your DM for drone DPS and now your squad has no one to hold Heph. If you gear a ship that doesn't fit well into your squad, that is your fault.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:09 pm
Main: None
Level: 0

anilv wrote:
So you're saying... this makes Snipers take even more hostility which makes it harder for a Berserker to hold aggro. That's like complaining that you augged your DM for drone DPS and now your squad has no one to hold Heph. If you gear a ship that doesn't fit well into your squad, that is your fault.

No enkelin, that is not the same, that is a very ignorant example to compare with. Read my old post in the topic about berserkers where I posted some numbers to see what I mean. Augmenting a berserker for taking hostility from T21 snipers is so much more complicated than just augmenting a ship to tractor another ship, so please refrain from using examples like that in a serious discussion.

Now, can you come with a serious counter argument, or do you agree that this only changes things for berserkers, because they are the ones that deal with the disadvantages of the augmenter? Because then we can work out from that and bring up the post I made to shed some light on how maths works for hostility, and how terribly painful it is for berserkers to keep up with the hostility holding.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:38 pm
Content Dev
Main: s_m_w
Level: 1512

If a sniper is stealing a berserker's aggro because he is using an augmenter that adds a significant amount of hostility despite knowing that it's too much for his squad's berserker, it's the sniper's fault.

Nobody forces snipers to use the Reaver Augmenter.

Get the Beta Client here and test new features and changes on the test server

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:48 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next