over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Server & Client Patch October 11 Discussion
s_m_w wrote:
If a sniper is stealing a berserker's aggro because he is using an augmenter that adds a significant amount of hostility despite knowing that it's too much for his squad's berserker, it's the sniper's fault.

Nobody forces snipers to use the Reaver Augmenter.

This is my argument, Thermal. If a Sniper's augging messes up a squad, it is just as much the Sniper's problem as it is the Berserker's. No one is forcing Snipers to aug in such a way that it is not feasible to hold aggro against them. No one is forcing engineers to aug their HM's for uber drones. People still do both of these things, however, and then wonder why their costly setups don't fit into squad play well.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:39 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

There should be a tech 20 cloak that does what the mzungu cloak does now, and im all for it being Mzungu Lore locked. That being said there should be some nice Vazaha and Faranji tech 20 cloaks that give nice boost as well...

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:20 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

I added a few extra things on the list.

Support

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:06 pm
Main: None
Level: 0

I can see that problem s_m_w, but you are still making it so that the possible best setup for the squad is if the berserker can take the hostility, and the sniper still can use this augmenter. Which means that is what people would aim for, ideally. You can't deny the argument that the people that are affected by this small change in hostility are berserkers, as they counter the disadvantages, and I would guess it only takes 2-3 more *(evil) items which makes a huge stacking bonus, to counter the so-called nerf. Due to how hostility works, it seems almost easier to me to just beef up your berserker to counter the increase in disadvantages instead of choosing not to use the augmenter. This is at least what I would have done from my 2 years of experience with Olympus squad play.

And enkelin, as I said, your example was bad.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:29 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

You have described the situation correctly and I still don't see a problem with it. You can't just aug willy nilly and expect it to work well in a squad, even if you get super high DPS or other desirable stats. If anything I think it's good if the absolute best DPS Sniper setup cannot be made compatible with squad play. You may not agree, but that doesn't make your opinion worth any more than mine.

I also don't particularly mind if you don't accept my analogy. Its purpose is to communicate to you why I feel your objection is unjustified in a more straightforward context, and it is for you to present your objection in such a way that I might find more agreeable. Or you can simply agree to disagree, which is always fine with me.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:34 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
I can see that problem s_m_w, but you are still making it so that the possible best setup for the squad is if the berserker can take the hostility, and the sniper still can use this augmenter.

...and? You seem to be assuming the intent was to make it impossible or undesirable for snipers to use the aug... It apparently wasn't, so they didn't fail at what they weren't trying to do...

Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:25 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

I can still use this aug on a prawn sniper and have my zerker hold aggro the entire time no problems, so I don't see what you are trying to say? That nooby zerkers that used to not hold aggro to my 3 CaL zebra sniper now have it even harder because they especially cant hold aggro to a reaver auged prawn? lol

The thing I am not happy with is that they nerfed the Critical hit percentage a tad.. they shouldnt have messed with the dps. So now my snipers mz cloak and reaver aug is nerfed.. great!

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:57 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

paxiprime wrote:
The thing I am not happy with is that they nerfed the Critical hit percentage a tad.. they shouldnt have messed with the dps. So now my snipers mz cloak and reaver aug is nerfed.. great!

I was so happy with crit hit setup to...

Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:18 am
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

Lol...............
The 10th place team cant even BvB lol.
and BP is 21th place lol.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:17 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Power Player
Level: 2607

why was the construction tab in bases changed?

It scrolls sideways instead of downwards...

While it shows more bps at once, its abit harder to read through them all

Also i can't scroll wheel through them anymore

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:39 am
Main: Prommilypicklesomnomnom
Level: 4704

Russell wrote:
Devileye wrote:
sabre198 wrote:
miserable cunts
Nerfed Reaver Augmenter when its usage was considerably increased

When an aug is nerfed like this all ships with the aug should get an automatic aug reset.

:(

BTW I hope the developer responsible gets told to balance stuff BEFORE you introduce it into the game.

With all due respect to Devs and players alike, you can't see every possible use of an item you introduce into the game when you have either stupid, rich and bored, or revolutionary players ingame, without the Devs being a combination of the three.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:26 pm