Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Team: Remmembering 89
Main: Titan Mk I
Level: 258

Post Re: 18th Dec Patch Discussion Thread
in the words of a child Are we there yet ?

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:29 am
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

One of my major disappointments is the nerfing of things and not putting in another item to compensate for the said nerf.

The prawn was used by some zerkers, nevertheless a sniper ship, and now you just made it more useless for zerkers. As stated, when designing oly did you ever think about a zerker ship?

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:35 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: DownAndBelow
Level: 6885

server been almost 2hours who dropped the ball? hehe

DAB

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:57 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

Quote:
Prawns resists didn't need nerfing at all but heh, Reaver aug users, you are fucked ^_^

Why?

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:50 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

jack the ripper wrote:
Quote:
Prawns resists didn't need nerfing at all but heh, Reaver aug users, you are fucked ^_^

Why?

Maybe because Reaver aug reduces resists? Prawns should have always been a kind of glasscannon, that literally melts as soon as anything touches it (in naughty places).

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:00 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

MonsterHunterXYZ wrote:
I don't see the disintegrator missile fix. Did you alter them like you said you would?

-Nevermind, I'm going to guess that it's under "various other fixes".

No, that isn't included, this was a micro patch that only pushed in stuff needed for christmas (and anything else that depended, as such, massif etc), warheads weren't included in this patch.

As for AI/missions not being around, apologies. I overslept my alarm! Now working on fixing everything up!

Support

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:01 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

wheres the bonus xp weekend

edit: just saw that seperate post...its a whoppa weekend yay!

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:28 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: ahileus
Level: 3759

Dear Star Sonata leadership,

After playing this game for while now i have seen good and bad things. I was really excited when T21 content was introduced. I expected lot of new things for all classes. Sadly, i have to say that you finished T21 content. And now you rush into introducing T22 content...why?!?

The list of unfinished content is long...but ill bring up one of few major things.
First of all is forgotten Zerker Class who needs a new ship, revamp of subskills etc. Lot of players gave superb suggestions about new ship for zerker. I demand that you should listen playerbase much more!

Then line of Oly ships regarding reistances. What were you thinking?!? First you add them and then nerf them. This isnt the way how to add content! Oly ships are to broken. I suggest nerf the resistances of all Oly ships.

Prawn ship was balanced in my opinion. And you nerf Prawn just bcs of Reaver aug and other minor things. Just great!

Im not throwing any tantrums. I know you are staff with limited resources and working as volunteers mostly. But if you listen players more, you would get more satisfied playerbase.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:11 am
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

aeljuga wrote:
Dear Star Sonata leadership,

After playing this game for while now i have seen good and bad things. I was really excited when T21 content was introduced. I expected lot of new things for all classes. Sadly, i have to say that you finished T21 content. And now you rush into introducing T22 content...why?!?

The list of unfinished content is long...but ill bring up one of few major things.
First of all is forgotten Zerker Class who needs a new ship, revamp of subskills etc. Lot of players gave superb suggestions about new ship for zerker. I demand that you should listen playerbase much more!

Then line of Oly ships regarding reistances. What were you thinking?!? First you add them and then nerf them. This isnt the way how to add content! Oly ships are to broken. I suggest nerf the resistances of all Oly ships.

Prawn ship was balanced in my opinion. And you nerf Prawn just bcs of Reaver aug and other minor things. Just great!

Im not throwing any tantrums. I know you are staff with limited resources and working as volunteers mostly. But if you listen players more, you would get more satisfied playerbase.

Save your energy Ahil, I have spent the past 365 days trying to do that but nothing came out of it, except 1 angry player who always takes their side of things.

I was only thinking about Sniper, Zerk never occured to me. That nerf was a pretty shit idea come to think of it >.>

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:43 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

aeljuga wrote:
Prawn ship was balanced in my opinion.

Sorry, just this line by itself invalidates your argument in my eyes. And Bobbo, it would be nice to actually get the new resist number, whether 25% or 35%. That is an enormous difference. If it's 35% from 40% that's honestly nothing to get all upset about.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:08 am
Main: ahileus
Level: 3759

anilv wrote:
aeljuga wrote:
Prawn ship was balanced in my opinion.

Sorry, just this line by itself invalidates your argument in my eyes. And Bobbo, it would be nice to actually get the new resist number, whether 25% or 35%. That is an enormous difference. If it's 35% from 40% that's honestly nothing to get all upset about.

Enk, i dont mind if it is 5 or 50%. I just dont like nerfs of items who are added more than year or two.

Last edited by aeljuga on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:33 pm
Main: Serg!o
Level: 4118

The new massifs (Massif II anyway) looks like a big ship with two bottle rockets strapped to the back acting as the engines.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:44 pm
Main: None
Level: 0

35%

Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:11 am
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: IluvStunt
Level: 2427

There has been a significant decrease in the amount of Christmas AI, and what is the point of having Christmas missions if they are not accessible to all the players?

Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:28 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Doctor Who wrote:
There has been a significant decrease in the amount of Christmas AI, and what is the point of having Christmas missions if they are not accessible to all the players?

You realise that's because you've been killing them, right?

Support

Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:30 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next