Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Post Re: 18th Dec Patch Discussion Thread
I think most of you have missed that since field generators haven't been updated with the patch, you don't know the new stats on the inbuilt. The Prawn's Claw got +25% hostility to self, as well as some other changes (which you'll be able to see on test).

I think part of the problem is what causes aggro. Aggression is based on hate, and hate is just damage (that is, damage done overall, not damage per hit or per second)*hostility. Augging a Sniper for damage and reduced hostility will help (not sure if there are feasible augmenter combinations for that) as well as augging a Berserker for damage and increased hostility. Maybe this would work out better if hostility had a bigger impact, like if it was damage*(hostility*100)^2/100 for example.

I've never put too much thought into class balance, because pretty much any change involving that area is a big one, and requires an informed decision from the whole team, but making Berserker the target & tank class sounds logical. I will be advocating for that in the future. :)

Support

Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:54 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Burnout3
Level: 4963

A big rebalance happened before Dont see why not again.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:37 pm
Team: Konohagakure
Main: Shawn
Level: 4121

should have upped delqua resist by 5% too :P

Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:52 pm
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

Blue Dwarf wrote:
I think most of you have missed that since field generators haven't been updated with the patch, you don't know the new stats on the inbuilt. The Prawn's Claw got +25% hostility to self, as well as some other changes (which you'll be able to see on test).

I think part of the problem is what causes aggro. Aggression is based on hate, and hate is just damage (that is, damage done overall, not damage per hit or per second)*hostility. Augging a Sniper for damage and reduced hostility will help (not sure if there are feasible augmenter combinations for that) as well as augging a Berserker for damage and increased hostility. Maybe this would work out better if hostility had a bigger impact, like if it was damage*(hostility*100)^2/100 for example.

I've never put too much thought into class balance, because pretty much any change involving that area is a big one, and requires an informed decision from the whole team, but making Berserker the target & tank class sounds logical. I will be advocating for that in the future. :)

That is really awesome and all but still does not explain why the Prawn recieved -5% resists. I don't really understand how it hurts squad DPS snipers but I see a rather huge effect on the few Zerkers that use it. Just wondering what the reasoning was.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm
Main: ThisIsKalrizian
Level: 0

Blue Dwarf wrote:

What of seer warp ability giving us something that not everyone has?
and the ppf?

if you fix these things, and I ever have you at gun point in a ravine, I wont shoot you, I'll shoot into the air and yell because I love you so much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6PXoyNP1k

Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:41 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

Quote:
* Added sorting to a bunch of lists (vendible, team, squad, friends, skills, ships, missions, towing, trade properties).

Can we have an option to not have our inventory and ship list sorted? I wan't to view my ship list and inventory in default, or whatever its called.

Can't do that when it is automatically sorted by whatever list the game feels like.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

mission list does not appear to be sortable, nor status

Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:21 am
Profile WWW
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Missions in the AI base have sorting options...but I don't think that was the expected place. Normally your large mission lists are in the mission tab on the character window, not your average AI base.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:25 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

As Radia said, please add in a default sorting column as was done for ship inventory so that we can have our ships sorted the way they've always been.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:16 am
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

AustinAfizzle wrote:
The new massifs (Massif II anyway) looks like a big ship with two bottle rockets strapped to the back acting as the engines.

The massif line was "in development" for over a year, meaning that there was PLENTY of time to give your feedback on not only the way it looked but also its overall development as far as texture/animation/functionality etc. goes. I didn't receive a lot of feedback during its development except for a few people who commented on things they liked/didn't like etc.

So if this is a complaint and not just an observation, I'd expect you to give your thoughts on something before it has already been completed.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:39 pm

Chaosking3 wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:

That is really awesome and all but still does not explain why the Prawn recieved -5% resists. I don't really understand how it hurts squad DPS snipers but I see a rather huge effect on the few Zerkers that use it. Just wondering what the reasoning was.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:31 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

It probably had something to do with people using resist augged prawns to tank oly and stuff. Which still doesn't justify nerfing zerks yet again...

Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:29 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

People are using resist augged Prawns to tank that new T22 uber. It barely had an impact on Sniper tanks, and had what seems to be a pretty big effect on the few Zerk Prawns.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:42 am

Again, if someone is tanking on a 40% resist ship that has no resist skills then let them tank. It means the rest of the squad is supporting him and I don't know what the issue would be. If you aug for resists you are not augging for as much DPS.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:24 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Sounds like admins were like "hey we did prawn a bit too OP" and they just went with 5% resist nerf without giving it any thought.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:26 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next