Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Post The postman's coming, got your letters for Astro-Santa?!
It's that time of year again! The nights are long, and dark, and cold... How depressing, or would it be, if it weren't for...

CHRISTMAS!

Christmas is less than a month away now, which means one thing, Astro-Santa is getting ready, checking is list and making sure the Astro-Elves are hard at work to make all the goodies for this years festivities.

Astro-Santa and the Astro-Elves would love to see your very kind-hearted letters you send each year to keep people in the spirit of things.

As usual, the Christmas Astro-Santa Letter competition is here again. Any entries you wish to make can be posted here to enter. At the end, five letters will be picked and those letters will be put in-game for this years festivities! Entries will be judged based on creativity and holiday spirit.

The competition is over, thanks to all those who submitted entries! The winners are... in no particular order:
Yehaaaaaaaaaaa,
Prommilypicklesomnomnom,
Lord Runningclam,
Metamorphises,
PaxiMaxiMus.

Names on letters will be whatever was given at the end of the letter, or the main of the account if that's lacking.

Prizes will be distributed to the main of the account after the Christmas patch.

Support

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:13 am
Team: Traders
Main: Pietro
Level: 1932

Post Re: The postman's coming, got your letters for Astro-Santa?!
Dear Astro-Santa,

Hi Santa! This is Pietro. I started playing this game around 5 years ago and it was great! It was a challenge just rummaging through wild space with Dark Transport convoys running through and Star runners making their usual run through their space. I just wanted to ask Santa if you could find a way to bring that back?

I also understand Santa people don't seem to like pvp too much and nowadays there's no real losses when you do it and I understand that's what made the game the way it was back then when a lot of people played. Back then you could lose gear if you didn't wear gear glue and that's what made the game great as it was challenging and pissed people off when they lost their valuables but also made them try to win them back...But anyways...I just wanted to write you a letter welcoming you back and maybe you can use your magic to bring back to the good ole days that I remember. Maybe others will have a better idea from when they played? Or maybe they'll want new ships...Either way, welcome back! We all missed you.

The lovable and suckish Speed Demon,

Pietro

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:25 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: iArcea
Level: 13267

Dear Astro Santa,

I wrote a song about you in the hope that you would spare me and my ikkle dumplings this festive season. Here goes it!

You better watch out,
You better not thrust,
You better not brb,
I'm telling you why,
Astro Santa's coming to town

He's on the move,
He's headed this way,
He's gonna find out who's exploitin' those bugs,
Astro Santa's coming to town

He sees you when you are blinking,
He knows when you're afk,
He'll hunt you down and blast your ass,
From here to sup space!

THRUST DAMNIT THRUST!!!

From DoW

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:50 am
Main: None
Level: 0

Dear Astro-Santa

I miss my armada of 25 Astro-Santa-themed accounts. The only character I got left is Santa's Snowy Generator, but what is a christmas with only snow! So here is a list of the characters I miss, I was hoping you could convince Jeff_L to revive these old accounts.

Green Christmas Tree
Red Christmas Light
Santa's Naughty Helper (I know you have one!)
Santa's Super Sleigh
Blue Shiny Present
Astro-Santa in Space
Rudolph The Astro-Deer
Mean Green Grinch

Together we can work as a team (I have even prepared a team for us called Astro-Santa's in Space) and get all those presents delivered in time, and when we are done we can hang out in the North Pole Bar and have some lovely egg nog with Calypso (and Samantha?).

Can't wait to see you and your elves around!

PaxiMaxiMus

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:04 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: Diabolus
Level: 2300

Location: Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Sol, Milky way, Universe, Admins computer
Dear Astro-Santa,

I don't want a lot of stuff... Just some money, full tech 21 sets for all of my characters and a special item which enables me to AFK all day long without missing a thing. See, at this moment I AFK all day long but I miss some stuff in the chats! I don't want to miss that... But I sure don't want to sit at my keyboard all the time. I think, after 8500 hours of Star Sonata, a kind gift would be appropriate. Oh, and give Blue Dwarf some milk and cookies, he keeps asking me for them.
Thank you for reading,

Diabolus

P.S. If you want to see your wife again, I'd recommend that you give me the stuff I want. Love you!

Last edited by basebot on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:42 pm
Main: Prommilypicklesomnomnom
Level: 4704

Dear Astro-Santa,
I've had to kill you so many times, a little piece of me dies inside to harm you. For this XMas, you can join the Dark side...We have cookies. Let's join forces, kill the Easter Bunny and its creator, the elusive Blue Dwarf! We shall have the glory of his evil minions once we are victorious, and we can use their support to finally hurt down the fiendish Diabolus, who has taken your wife ransom!
Now, of course I will expect a % of the ransom, and a few hours with your wife, but let's cross that bridge after we save XMas!
Yours in evil, Prommilypicklesomnomnom.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:52 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Wolf TPS
Level: 2569

Dear Astro-Santa

With this letter, I do hereby notify you that you are forthwith ordered to cease all violations of the boundaries of my premises whether it be through an unclosed flue, an open window or an unlocked door. Your presence on Christmas night or any other night of the calender year is an infraction of current legal statutes regarding trespassing on private property, regardless of your intent. The depositing of your so-called "presents" introduces undisclosed, foreign, and potentially dangerous items into my domicile, and as such could be prosecuted as an act of terrorism. I wish to caution you that were you to be caught within the walls of my home, it would be within my legal right according to state Castle Law to gun you down on the spot with lead slug ammunition from the barrel of my twelve gauge. I do not wish to spend Christmas morning scrubbing your entrails, brain matter, and other viscera from the brick mantle over my fireplace, and, as such, Ms. Clause would be sent the bill for professional cleaning - which I'm sure would be at a premium rate since few services relish the thought of working on Christmas, particularly to clean such a gruesome mess.

Furthermore, I also wish to express my deepset concern about your clearly unhealthy interest in the children of this universe, and while I'm certain that even under oath you would claim that your intentions are entirely benign and "in the spirit of the goodwill of the season," I, as well as many other concerned parents, are understandably skeptical about a complete stranger, an obese stranger creeping through the living room in the hours between midnight and dawn, feasting on our personal victuals (including but not limited to our precious milk and cookies). Your bright red costume and identity concealing beard only further the image of your thick, sweaty folds of fat squiggling underneath your heavy coat less then 50 feet from where our children sleep.

Sincerely,

Lord Runningclam

P.S. The reindeer you refer to as Rudolph is clearly an alcoholic and should be checked into rehab immediately.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:37 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: TranquilityX
Level: 1796

Dear Astro-Santa...

My nipples are hard and the back entrance has been prepared. Have a nice day.

- Tranq

TranquilityX | TranquilityY | TranquilityZ | ForsakenX | ForsakenY | ForsakenZ | DreamX | DreamY | DreamZ | EternalX | EternalY | EternalZ | AltX | AltY | AltZ | BlackX | BlackY | BlackZ | GodX | GodY | GodZ |

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:18 pm
Main: Sir Nils Olav
Level: 1423

TranquilityX wrote:
Dear Astro-Santa...

My nipples are hard and the back entrance has been prepared. Have a nice day.

- Tranq

Hahahaha, that's the best one.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:33 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

Dear Astro-Santa,

I know we had our arguments last year and I was very disappointed when you didn't bring me the presents I asked for... but I don't need anything now! I worked hard and got everything I could ever possibly want to ask for. So now I don't need you, you fat, lazy, plump, spoilt, queer little man.

From you good friend,
Camsy

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:52 pm
Main: Angel from Hell
Level: 3312

Dear Astro-Santa,

I know you have not heard from me over the past few years as my Christmas wishes have been fulfilled by teammates. However, this year I have finally realized I have the perfect idea for what I am hoping to get for Christmas. The only things I want for Christmas is a few things to give back to the teammates who helped me. A few Olympus ships should do! Remember this is for other people not just for me so please don't let me down!

Thank you for Christmas,
Angel from Hell

P.S. Even though it is for other people, I will still have milk and cookies out for you, so don't forget to stop by!

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:22 pm
Main: Bastamental
Level: 3586

Dear Santa

I know ive been naughty this year, and the year before....and ive also been a bad boy. I tried the Church of Scientology, but they only have the future! I WANT THE PRESENTS!!! Also from what ive learned I really would love some protection from those aliens. At least enough for an open casket.

Your colleague

-Basta <3

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.
Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Last edited by Bastamental on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:57 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: brindlebull
Level: 5143

Dear Astro-Santa,

I last year was not so merry. Astro-Grinch, our nemesis, has ruined the holiday once again. He went under my tree and stole all my presents by sliding right down the same trading bay as the one you use to drop off your gifts.

I sent a letter to you the next day, costing over 200b in shipping fees to reach you, describing my circumstance.

it turned out that I wasn't on your list, and was never given a present in the first place...

Darn...

I was wondering if you could give me the Christmas that Grinch tried to steal from me.

-brindlebull

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:18 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

Bastamental wrote:
Dear Santa

I know ive been naughty this year, and the year before....and ive also been a bad boy. I tried the Church of Scientology, but they only have the answers. I WANT THE PRESENTS!!! Also from what ive learned I really would love some protection from those aliens. At least enough for an open casket.

Your bestowed colleague

-Basta <3

Do you have any idea what bestowed means?

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:19 pm
Main: Bastamental
Level: 3586

Yea, just wanted an extra oomph :D adds mystery, and perhaps a secret closet relationship.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.
Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:13 pm