Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

Post Re: 16th Jan Patch Discussion thread
Max235 wrote:
Visorak wrote:
Imo, Al holiday missions should stay in game all year round. That means lapland, the easter warren, and the missions for the halloween content get permanent places in the uni map.

The holiday drops themselves are the things that you only get at that time of year. Just leave a pointer in the gals that they relate to holiday content, and you can only get items for it during the event, so no noobs get confused.

But keep such Ubers around. The more content to do year round, the less people get bored. People also don't like to hear that they have to wait 50 weeks for *important* progression items like Zombie Bunny Stop, Unholy Lion Thruster, Flaming Snow Cannon, etc.

that will crash its market

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:48 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Funny how I have several teammates who got to T21 without ever using those three items. Necessary for progression, you say?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:00 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

anilv wrote:
Funny how I have several teammates who got to T21 without ever using those three items. Necessary for progression, you say?

You don't understand.

I have 'Sodrama' Engine level 1. I want to get to level 2, 3, and 4 sooner or later. It is perfectly possible for me to completely skip level 2 and level 3 if I stuck to level 1 for several months of grinding. This is because level 2 and level 3 are holiday gear, only available certain times of the year. Instead of progressing level 1 for 1 month, then level 2 the second month, and third and fourth months, I have to do the following:

- Pay unreasonable amounts of money for level 2 and level 3 simply because they are rarer than level 4.

- Grind for 2 extra months (month 6) before I can make the transition from level 1 to level 4, skipping 2 and 3.

- Wait almost a whole year for the next holiday to come around, and hope that the specific content is still there. If it was "forgotten", that is a full year of waiting wasted.

My beef with the system is that there is not enough alternative gear. This is why the Heph Machine is so powerful. THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE FOR A MID-UBER LEVEL T21 FREIGHTER.

Just like some of the holiday gear. Do I need to remind you about how FC feel with Lice and Stormcloud fighters?

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:39 pm
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Copernicus
Level: 895

Quote:
* Added some new visage stuff for Missiles. Missiles now have textures/glows for their damage type (for the most part).

On that note, I originally made three more missile models, each with their own texture, along with the one that is in game now. What ever happened to them?

F2P: Colonel Mustang/Riza Hawkeye/Jean Havoc/Heymans Breda/Kain Fuery

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:12 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

I don't know?

Support

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:07 pm
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Copernicus
Level: 895

I guess it's more of a Jeff question since I think I emailed them to him. Or maybe Feathers. It's been a while. Anwho, it's not a big deal, I'm just curious.

F2P: Colonel Mustang/Riza Hawkeye/Jean Havoc/Heymans Breda/Kain Fuery

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:19 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

If you emailed them to one of those, they probably forgot about them.

Support

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:22 pm

lordjeroen wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:
also, why not keep lapland untill reset? it always used to be like that with events so you can finnish the missions

i feel ignored, you have locked it with a few hours warning that there will be a patch. nowhere in notes there was any sign of Xmas being removed (we could have guessed ofc), only a small part of SS players could have done the last missions before it was gone and have to wait a year and hoping admins include the old letter mission this time

its not only me who still have 50+ letters and 10+ flaming snowballs but there are more, think about the players

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:41 pm
Main: Fly fast kill hard
Level: 4561

lordjeroen wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:
also, why not keep lapland untill reset? it always used to be like that with events so you can finnish the missions

i feel ignored, you have locked it with a few hours warning that there will be a patch. nowhere in notes there was any sign of Xmas being removed (we could have guessed ofc), only a small part of SS players could have done the last missions before it was gone and have to wait a year and hoping admins include the old letter mission this time

its not only me who still have 50+ letters and 10+ flaming snowballs but there are more, think about the players

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:03 pm

gratz admins 2 weeks so far
no bug reports from me then so you can work on stuff that needs attention like this

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:39 pm