Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Post Universe Reset (29th June) Patch Discussion
Patch Notes: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=56412

Note these notes include some bug fixes that we micro'd after (the outpost stuff), since it didn't seem worth keeping them ack unti the next patch (since the fixes are already live).

Support

Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:44 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: Event Horizon
Level: 1929

Post Re: Universe Reset (29th June) Patch Discussion
Very cool update. I want to play SS again so badly, haha. I'll probably level a lower level char :p

Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:14 am
Main: Assassinat3r
Level: 2460

I've been doing some of the T22 missions, in particular the Blue Photon Subspace chain and I've found the mission descriptions really unhelpful at times. For example, one of the missions tells us to go capture fighters in _____, but it doesn't tell us where _____ is and it's not mapped because it's considered a DG of another galaxy. A later mission even tells us to get a nanofab at some galaxy but because it's been improperly typed all we get for its name is a tag saying %something, I had to resort to /mc to get around that one. There are more issues I've found but it should be pretty easy to see what they are by looking through the mission descriptions.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:48 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

The prospecting scanners and tractors both have a weird credit costs, the first one costs 20k to buy but the more advanced ones all cost 80 credits to buy, looks like a placeholder for easy testing wasnt adjusted for live.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:41 pm
Main: None
Level: 0

You named the Hermes upgrade missions "Mercury" in the mission name. It should be "Hermes" instead, like "Scopic Hermes Shield Upgrade". Now the mission is named "Scopic Mercury Shield Upgrade". But apart from that - good work!

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:11 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8923

roaming reavers still have the reaver lasers
next to that <3 it

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:46 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

From what i understand ai reavers had there reaver lasers removed as an inbuilt to there hull and are now a normal weapon. I may be wrong on this though.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:49 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

urzaserra256 wrote:
From what i understand ai reavers had there reaver lasers removed as an inbuilt to there hull and are now a normal weapon. I may be wrong on this though.

This.

'Reaver Laser' = The inbuilt one players get
'Reaver Lasers' = The ones the AIs got.

AI Reavers got one Reaver Laser (from inbuilt) and then were given extra Reaver Lasers (one for normal, three for MF). Sometimes the MF Reavers would use the Reaver Laser instead of the three Reaver Lasers.

All that's happened, is there was a way to make AI spawn without their in built items and applied it to Reavers and MF Reavers. XD

Support

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:07 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8923

Blue Dwarf wrote:
urzaserra256 wrote:

This.

'Reaver Laser' = The inbuilt one players get
'Reaver Lasers' = The ones the AIs got.

AI Reavers got one Reaver Laser (from inbuilt) and then were given extra Reaver Lasers (one for normal, three for MF). Sometimes the MF Reavers would use the Reaver Laser instead of the three Reaver Lasers.

All that's happened, is there was a way to make AI spawn without their in built items and applied it to Reavers and MF Reavers. XD

hmm now i understand, thanks

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:43 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: PlasmiteRebirth
Level: 5304

Capital Punishment! mission is bugged, impossible to get the Heavy Organic Armor. (Many have tried and failed)

AP to/from the noob lobe starting system is broken. (I forget the system's name)

AI in the Zeta Strike force lobe aren't dropping loot. Same with the Blue Photon lobe, it seems. Also, the missions aren't giving any good rewards. That may or not be a bug, but it still sucks. The whole ZSF mission line was pretty cool, once I found the areas, but the utter lack of loot made it not worth my time. I wouldn't recommend someone do it.

As a lvl 1365, after the 4 first areas and the random stranded UrQa, I have no missions to do. Probably intentional, Just wondering why I can't go into Paxian Front.

My experience so far: Subspace is very cool -once you find areas-. Also being in a slow ship sucks, prospecting is very boring (in Subspace) unless you have a hankering for Nitinol, and all the asteroids dropping weird commods would be much cooler if we had a use for them. (Unless there are only t22 BP drops from the ubers, in which case, bleh)

Please let me know if I'm missing something, or if Subspace will expand to give t20 gear/missions. Otherwise I consider my many many hours exploring every system, mission, and commod in Subspace a waste. Not because Subspace SUCKS (although finding places gets.... aggravating before you have the full map) but because I can't benefit from it

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:25 pm

Oh also- there's a mission in the BP chain that says to go to Beta Antares for a fighter AI. It lies. You have to go to BP Subspace Outpost.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:53 pm
Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
I fixed the issue with the Capital Punishment mission it has been pushed live already.

At level 1500 a set of daily missions open up. They use the sixth arm of Subspace.

There will be more to do there, just wait for the invasion to start! Once those kick in you'll find it a lot more populated and you'll see a lot more drops -- and yes, blueprints of all techs that use those funny commodities!

As for it being confusing, I have been told that a few times in the past few days, so I am making some changes to make it more apparent as to where you have to go. Exploration is part of the game, being lost and confused isn't!

As for prospecting -- I agree, there isn't that much cool stuff in Subspace. I am also going to address that. I am thinking some planets could have cool alien parasites that hinder or help you if you extract them and maybe some planets will have prospectable nodes of actual items.

Calypso

Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:07 pm

All sounds good! You say lvl 1500 opens up the 6th lobe, so what about the 5th? (paxian front)

One more small thing- i have never felt threatened by Aveskara eggs dropping from asteroids, regardless of DF or asteroid size. (those mega asteroids are very cool, btw)

Guess ill continue to fly in circles in subspace collecting amd scanning heh.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:55 pm
Main: None
Level: 0

Paxian Front should be 1500. Allied Staging Sector should be level 2000.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:02 pm
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

too buggy bring back c1 :P

Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:09 pm
Profile WWW