Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

Post Re: Class Rebalance Proposal: Seer
We'll take it into consideration for sure.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:08 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

yclepticon wrote:
Meanwhile, Seer is not losing anything it currently has and is actually getting some damage reduction.

Damage reduction... Damage as in DPS output, or taken damage?

Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:23 am
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

debuff wep on enemies damage reduction. Which i have a feeling is going to fail as bad as the current buff weps.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:47 am
Dev Team

By damage reduction I'm referring to the phasing mechanic that reduces incoming damage.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:29 pm
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

I think it would be useful if seers had a superitem that makes the target very unagile for a few seconds. Because atm many AIs can shoot you before you turn invisible again.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:35 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Xonok2 wrote:
I think it would be useful if seers had a superitem that makes the target very unagile for a few seconds. Because atm many AIs can shoot you before you turn invisible again.

Or lower tracking. When I was leveling The Rain in Spain (hi Shaft!), I detested DG's with AI's that had high tracking beams. Green Battleships, MF Reavers (we're talking about a level 500 seer), MF Big Greens (were no Bigger Greens then), and Progs.

Actually, make that a staple bonus or advantage on many seer weapons. As in doesn't affect the power point value of the weapon period (unless someone really wants to make the Seer's Searing Fire not locked to seer, which would be stupid).

Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:09 pm
Dev Team

-tracking and -maneuvering are definitely being considered as possible debuff effects for Seer. Keep the good ideas coming, everyone!

Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:16 pm
Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

Perhaps a -reflectivity effect that scales with the amount of time you've spent cloaked since the last time you fired, scaled down if moving too fast (to be useful in high vis dg's/galaxies)? might be a bit much since i hear there's other reflectivity things being added but i cant be sure.

I suggested this before in a mini-suggestions thread for seer weapons, but a small light fighter/seer locked missile bay with max 1 missile and low refire + a slow (or fast) cloaked missile would be an interesting thing to use, doesn't have to do with the rebalance- but i feel there could be some additional cloaked missiles specialized for seers with a rather small/slow bay to use.

I support the people making suggestions for more shield/crit chance as right now i disgust high bank seer's, since they have virtually no regen. and any low bank seer's die really fast as they generally focus on damage (Crit damage augs like CoH for example [also reduce crit chance, making them a bit less worth using]) and no survivability. Considering seer is almost completely Augmenter dependant for damage changing even just one aug is detrimental to their DPS output and doesn't give enough of a shield advantage to be worth it anyways. I'd like to say i know all of this for sure, but i'm still in a t20 ship myself, but from my point of view there wont be much shield bank difference even if i obtain a decent low vis decent regen shield for t21, might have 35-45k ish, with about 125-225 regen tops. At 35k almost any uber is likely to kill me in one or two hits- Regardless of my damage output and regen.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:14 pm
Dev Team

Thank you for the feedback. I think most of those things you are discussing are beyond the scope of the current goal, which is to nail down a precise set of roles for each class. We will take them into consideration when we move into the next phase, however.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:18 pm
Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

yclepticon wrote:
Thank you for the feedback. I think most of those things you are discussing are beyond the scope of the current goal, which is to nail down a precise set of roles for each class. We will take them into consideration when we move into the next phase, however.

Fair enough, just wanted to point out what i currently saw as a difficulty that kind of comes with the class.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:25 pm

so i got a side note on the seer strong weapon from before use to be the PPF while the snipers is the PZHT. The PPF has not been able to work since c2 due to if using it over a target or to close it goes down a different axis and never hits. I think the PPF should be like the PZHT for the sniper by making the PPF LF only and increasing its range so it can actually hit people.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:31 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

kanescreed wrote:
so i got a side note on the seer strong weapon from before use to be the PPF while the snipers is the PZHT. The PPF has not been able to work since c2 due to if using it over a target or to close it goes down a different axis and never hits. I think the PPF should be like the PZHT for the sniper by making the PPF LF only and increasing its range so it can actually hit people.

Wait.
Panther gear is not LF locked?

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:34 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

kanescreed wrote:

SI fixed that.

Support

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:37 am

Blue Dwarf wrote:
kanescreed wrote:

SI fixed that.

Can it hit people now?

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:08 pm